Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Album in Two or More Music Versions?
Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 23:38

Being inspired by Shania Twain's Up! album, has anyone ever thought of the Rolling Stones recording one album in different versions? That album I refer to has been released in red (pop/rock), green (country) and blue (international) versions, with the blue mixes obviously being most exotic.

That is, the first disc would contain pop/rock mixes (typical), another disc would contain the same batch of songs but mixed for country/western fans (with such instruments as the pedal steel guitar, fiddle and mandolin), and still another disc with the same material but using instruments heard in world-beat settings (sitar, tabla, sheng, pipa, koto, pan flute, etc.).

~Ben

Re: Rolling Stones Album in Two or More Music Versions?
Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:02

Well, you mean something along the line of Country Honk and Honky Tonk Women, but as a whole album.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:07

Albums like Voodoo Lounge or Bridges To babylon have almost "alternate versions" if you take into account the many dance/techno remixes...

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 12, 2014 22:27

By "mixes", is it the same exact backing track with different instrumentation/overdubs, or is it related songs like Honky Tonk Women/Country Honk? If the former, that seems like it would be really hard to pull off. I would like the HTW/CH thing, although it's probably a stretch considering their studio work ethic these days. At this point I would be grateful for even one more new single.

In the case of the Stones, it would be nice to modify the formula to:

1) rock (drop the pop, add roll);
2) Americana (an attempt to avoid a tacky pop country/Nashville sound); and
3) blues (they can handle that).

I would like that album.

Posted by: BrianJones1969 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 23:00

Sipuncula
By "mixes", is it the same exact backing track with different instrumentation/overdubs, or is it related songs like Honky Tonk Women/Country Honk? If the former, that seems like it would be really hard to pull off. I would like the HTW/CH thing, although it's probably a stretch considering their studio work ethic these days. At this point I would be grateful for even one more new single.

In the case of the Stones, it would be nice to modify the formula to:

1) rock (drop the pop, add roll);
2) Americana (an attempt to avoid a tacky pop country/Nashville sound); and
3) blues (they can handle that).

I would like that album.
Yes. Same vocals and/or rhythm section, but different instruments.

~Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home