Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Macau Cotai Arena (Venetian) March 9th 2014 - The Show in Videos
Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 10, 2014 12:12

As usual: Many thanks and a big hand to all the YouTube tapers + everyone who posted many of them in the "live updates" thread.

The Rolling Stones 14 on Fire Tour, Show #5: Cotai Arena (at the Venetian) - Macau - March 9th 2014

Intro + Jumping Jack Flash

You Got Me Rocking

It's Only Rock'n Roll

Tumbling Dice

Wild Horses

Doom & Gloom

Get Off Of My Cloud (fan vote)

Honky Tonk Women

Band Introductions (incomplete) + Slipping Away (Keith - with Mick Taylor)

Before They Make Me Run (Keith)

Midnight Rambler (with Mick Taylor)

Miss You

Paint It Black

Gimme Shelter

Start Me Up

Sympathy For The Devil

Brown Sugar

--- Band off stage

You Can't Always Get What You Want (2nd video provides an AMAZINGLY clear sound)

Satisfaction (with Mick Taylor)

Complete Show from one angle

Please post new videos below and I will add them to the list as soon as possible!

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-14 10:52 by maradona.

Re: Cotai Arena (Venetian) - Macau - March 9th 2014: The Show in Videos
Date: March 10, 2014 14:27

Updated (Midnight Rambler + Miss You).

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:10

Rambler keeps on improving !
I wonder how high it will get

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 10, 2014 18:18

djgab
Rambler keeps on improving !
I wonder how high it will get

It's 'looser' now, but I still prefer the Ramblers from 72 and 73. Listen for example to the Rambler they played in NYC MSG 1972 (just clicking on the song title in the video). Much more bluesy and what an interplay between Keith, Taylor and Jagger.

Date: March 10, 2014 20:00

Another Jumpin' Jack Flash plus part of the intro, with relatively clear sound.

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: March 10, 2014 22:17

Wow MT on fire in Rambler there!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: March 10, 2014 23:46

And you did it once again...thanks one more time maradona!!!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

Date: March 11, 2014 10:30

Quique-stone
And you did it once again...thanks one more time maradona!!!
Cheers!
smileys with beer

It's always a pleasure, my friend! Let's cross our fingers that we'll have Rocks Off in tomorrow's video list smiling smiley

Updated.

Re: Macau Cotai Arena (Venetian) March 9th 2014 - The Show in Videos
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:29

A great joy to listen "Midnight Rambler"... the band has really made it such a compact package, and it sounds like getting better and better and more cohesive as the tour continues... It has always been their gig highlight, but compared to any version I have heard during the 'modern' era, it not only is as tight as it has been in its best days, but musically is more richer and adventurous. Each version is different and offers surprises... Jagger has especially taken much more stronger vocal decisions than since - when? - seventies?

Compared to Keith and Ronnie 'only' versions during modern days, the Taylor component interestingly offers a kind new interaction between Jagger and the band. Taylor plays to Jagger and is in an interplay with Jagger's performance (singing, playing harp, moving around) in a way I can't recall Keith and especially Ronnie (who used to do Taylor's part, but not one to one) doing. Keith and Ronnie tandem were more playing 'just together', Ronnie keeping more on eye what Keith was doing than what Jagger was up to. In that scenario Mick was a bit on his own, doing his own part, but now he is more integrated to the band. To me it looks like that affects on Jagger's performance as well, which sounds more 'natural' and music-driven, and not so much show-driven.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 11:34 by Doxa.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: March 11, 2014 11:46

1972 Rambler was great
2014 Rambler is also great
different times, different vibes smiling smiley

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: March 11, 2014 19:15

<Taylor plays to Jagger and is in an interplay with Jagger's performance (singing, playing harp, moving around) in a way I can't recall Keith and especially Ronnie (who used to do Taylor's part, but not one to one) doing.>

I think one of the great mysteries surrounding this band is the relationship between Jagger and Taylor. It fascinates me that with all the ink spent on this band so little is ever disclosed about that relationship especially by Taylor or Jagger. I was disappointed that Wyman's books did not shed any light on the subject. From very early in the '69 tour you hear them musically linked on stage and that continued through the last '73 tour. You always see them traveling together in various cars, etc. Years later Jagger acknowledged that Taylor gave him something to bang off on on stage. They worked privately in the studio together and came up with some fine songs. From what I read the "Plunder" project was perhaps done without Keith's knowledge. Over the years Keith has talked about working with Taylor in good and bad terms. But nothing much from the principals. Jagger insists he does not know why Taylor left. I just find the silence curious.

SA: I am waiting for Taylor to sweeten this song. Early in the latest performance he plays a nice back fill and I think the song could use some more touches. SA is not a great song, but Keith makes me believe it is heartfelt. He is keeping the performance...let's say...more professional...than he sometimes does with his part of the show. I still think it is the most interesting song in the show. It feels honest.

One final thought about Taylor: He's an odd duck. I feel tension when he is on stage. I feel like he can be extraordinary or slightly embarrassing. I wonder if the others on stage feel the same way. But that tension gives those songs a deliciously perilous feeling of vibrancy that is like nothing else in the show. It feels real.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 19:19 by pmk251.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 11, 2014 19:44

It's nice to see Taylor up there on Slipping Away.

What a shame - they really should have him up for more songs.

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: March 11, 2014 23:00

Hi there, Maradona!

The guy who uploaded Parts 1 - 4, Nnelwin Aldriansyah, has added parts 5, 6 and 7!
Hope he will upload more parts soon! Great work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-11 23:01 by waterrats.

Date: March 12, 2014 00:50

Updated. Thank you all very much for the videos and the information!

Posted by: Neighbours ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:07

waterrats
Hi there, Maradona!

The guy who uploaded Parts 1 - 4, Nnelwin Aldriansyah, has added parts 5, 6 and 7!
Hope he will upload more parts soon! Great work!

And now part 8 (Sympathy for the Devil, Brown Sugar, You Can't Always Get What You Want)):

and part 9 ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction):

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 12, 2014 06:37

Great! Maybe we should all club together to buy him and his camera a ticket for the rest of the tour?

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: March 12, 2014 07:19

That Brown Sugar was on fire

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 13, 2014 09:19

Neighbours
waterrats
7_Yw&feature=share

and part 9 ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction):

Keith's solo at Satisfaction is horrible (dont want to open a discussion, yet another discussion, though) but Ronnie's "filling" on this one is superb! usually I listen hard to notice his, RW, guitar on this (when that fan ran over at MJ in 1981 and Keith confronted him was one time I could have heard RW... eye rolling smiley) - but this time he was on fire.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home