Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

oh no, not you again.....
Posted by: michrud ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:11

This piece rocks! f...k it's good. Oh no, not you again, @#$%& up my life - The true spirit of Mick and Keith!!!! Heard that this is the title of the new album!?

Anyway, this new track sounds pretty much ad Highwire!

What do you guys think it sounds like??

Re: oh no, not you again.....
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:16

It sounds like Mick's solo Lonely at the Top. The recroding of Oh No as it is now doesn't work for me, but who knows how the studio version sounds like. It reminded me of I'm Your and I'm Hers and Gimme a Little Drink from Hyde Park: works in progress. Nice to have done one time live, now back to the studio and work it out or throw away.

Mathijs

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 17, 2005 13:06

It's punky like something off Some Girls...Hell it even kicks starts like When The Whip Comes Down....!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 17, 2005 13:27

I think the chorus will have much more melody. Mick sings (a little shouting) it straight forward but you can hear it has much more melody by the way Keith plays his notes in the chorus. Try and sing it in you head with more melody, all of a sudden it's much better, for me anyway!

I think the album version will be great as will the live versions!!!!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 17, 2005 14:12

How can a bunch of greedy, washed up drunks, who can't play sh#@ (well according to several on this board anyway), make good rock 'n roll? My answer: WHO CARES! IT ROCKS!

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: May 17, 2005 14:21

It definitely rocks!

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Posted by: Rommick ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:08

Chorus - Shine A Light smiling smiley

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:36

I especially like Keith's Chuck Berry style guitar solo. We havent' heard that for quite a while in a new Stones number. It's an instant classic!

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:39

He played exactly the same solo on Neighbours during the Licks Tour.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:41

KeithRichards Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He played exactly the same solo on Neighbours
> during the Licks Tour.
>
>

exactly, KR. the only real downer about the tune, is the apparent fact that Keith hasn't learned a new lick in about 2 decades now. and, he's had ample time to learn....

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: May 18, 2005 00:06

Im gonna get flamed for saying this, but I just listened to it off rockpassion, and I wasnt impressed. Perhaps it was the performance, but Mick didnt sound like he was singing, rather just shouting, and all I could hear were drums. I hope the released version sounds better than the press conference. Its just not spectacular.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: May 18, 2005 00:25

T&A Wrote:
> KeithRichards Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He played exactly the same solo on
> Neighbours
> > during the Licks Tour.
> >
> >
>
>
> exactly, KR. the only real downer about the tune,
> is the apparent fact that Keith hasn't learned a
> new lick in about 2 decades now. and, he's had
> ample time to learn....

Well, maybe Keith knows ALL the licks already - so there's nothing new to learn???smiling smiley

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 18, 2005 03:21

Sounds like John Cougar Mellencamp.
Exchange his vocals for Micks, and it sound like "Hurts So Good".
Sad, but true. I hate John Cougar.

I hope the studio version is better.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 18, 2005 04:35

People bitching already. This band can't win. The only group that gets smashed by their own "fans" because they make a song that sounds like the Stones. On the flip side, the same "fans" piss and moan if they try somehting new.

Regarding Keith's solo.....so what, it fits the energy and feel of the song. Chuck berry wrote about 45 songs playing the same progression and licks and he is a legend, or I guess he sucks and knows nothing else.

I think it's a good song. It sounded nice and raw, reminds me of live versions of Whip because of the way the song starts.

Milo, NYC
Too much, much too much (bitching)

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 18, 2005 05:44

Great post Milo.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: May 20, 2005 08:51

Mathijs.....Lonely At The Top was a Keith song (music and chorus) that Mick filled in the verses and put on She's The Boss without telling Keith first. Keith found out when the record came out and blew a goddamn gasket cause he thought the song was for the Stones. Its a shame because it is a catchy song and would have been a great Stones song.........the production Mick put into it is terrible, thin sounding and distantand does not do the song justice. Anyway, Mick had his solo deal SECRETLY attached to the Stones deal (yes, this is a fact) when they signed with CBS in 1983 for a then a record $25 million, even Keith did not know...that was the first problem they had, The use of Lonely At The Top only made things worse. The head of CBS music division was the one who put it in Micks head that he did not need the Stones and should go solo.....we all know what happened after that.

Milo, NYC
Get me on Flight number 505

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 20, 2005 09:08

I´m with Milo on this one. I´m even willing to go as far as to say that this is the best I heard in many years. Let´s just hope the studioversion kicks as hard as the raw liveperformance we got at the PC. For me the Stones are the best when they sound like an garageband, like they did in 78-82. Mick shouting? Keef and Ronnie duelling licks? Gimme more!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 20, 2005 09:38

What a wonderful way of start a day with.
Ville, I really look forward to meet you celebrating Charlies birthday in the City of Good Geezers. "For me the Stones are the best when they sound like an garageband, like they did in 78-82. Mick shouting? Keef and Ronnie duelling licks? Gimme more!" (mickijaggeroo, alias Kaizer Vilhelm from Nordic Stones Vikings, just above here)... Yeah!!!! Right on!! Thats cool, man! 1978.
A new, bright, sunny day has begun.

Date: May 20, 2005 11:38

<the apparent fact that Keith hasn't learned a new lick in about 2 decades now>

He plays a couple of new licks on this new song. Only the solo licks are well-known...

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: May 20, 2005 12:34

Milo Yammbag Wrote:
> Mathijs.....Lonely At The Top was a Keith song
> (music and chorus) that Mick filled in the verses

> Anyway, Mick had his solo
> deal SECRETLY attached to the Stones deal (yes,
> this is a fact) when they signed with CBS in 1983
> for a then a record $25 million, even Keith did
> not know...that was the first problem they had,

I don't know where your information comes from, but both statements are truly incorrect. First, on the only outtake we have of the song, it's Jagger on rythm guitar and Wood on solo guitar, with Mick shouting the verse/bridge changes and making up lyrics on the spot. This indicates to me that it is a true jagger song. He gave keith credit on the solo albuum only because of the agreement he has with Richards: everything that is written for or during Stones sessions will be credited to jagger/Rcihards. It's the same with Almost Hear You Sigh. Clearly a song that was finished already by Steve Jordan and Keith, but Jagger too credits. I agree that the solo version sucks big time.

Second, do you really think that a $25 million record contract, negotioated over months with all lawyers and financial advisors of the Stones working out contracts and with Keith and Mick heading the Stones BV company, and Keith didn't know he signed a contract wich included solo albums by Jagger? I truly don't believe that. Keith wasn't pissed that Jagger did a solo album, he was pissed that Jagger was promoting his solo album, while keith wanted to tour behind Undercover and later behind Dirty Work. In hindsight, Jagger was right: the Stones -Charlie, Keith and Wood- really weren't physically capable of touring due to drugs and alcohol problems. Wyman admits this himself in his book.

Mathijs

Date: May 20, 2005 15:38

Mathijs, forget about the bootleg, Mick calling out changes is par for the course during new song rehearsel. What I posted is correct. Mick's solo deal was "piggybacked" onto the The bands deal. I am not trying to bash Mr. Jagger, that's just the way it went down and was the final straw for MJ & KR. It's been inseveral books about the band.

Lonely at the Top. Could have been a great Stones song but got tossed onto that pile of crap "She's The Boss". I cannot understand how Mick let the strongest song on his album, not to mention the opening track, be put out with such horrible sound.

A potential classic song that ass-raped.

Milo, NYC
Waitresses with Broken Noses

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:51

I LOVE this song. I've been playing it every day and the chorus and rythyms are stuck in my head. It's a hit.

Though I wish Keith could have done a more original solo.

Posted by: midrambler ()
Date: May 20, 2005 15:57

I love it!. Since I am divorcing right now and I have to see my wife a littlegig more, so, Oh no, not you again f*** up my life!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1815
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home