Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: OT: Europe - Travelling by Train
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 23, 2014 17:34

Awesome info!!!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 23, 2014 17:45

MingSubu
Cristiano Radtke did you get you tickets for the Germany shows?

No, because I will be busy with my work on the same dates of the Germany shows. I will try to go to Paris. smiling smiley

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: March 23, 2014 17:45

Irix

Thanks Irix!

Date: March 30, 2014 01:20

eurail.com is having free travel days, until the end of the month.

I went with the 15 days continuous Global Pass.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 03:23 by MingSubu.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: March 30, 2014 05:46

EJM
[www.seat61.com]

The man on seat 61 is a great rail travel site by a European rail fanatic with all sorts of interesting ways to get from a to b by rail.

+1, though "global" rail fanatic is a better description. He is fervently opposed to Eurail passes and the like, major rip-offs in most cases.

I'd go a step further and say that flying is cheaper and faster on this tour, eg AirBerlin or Air France from Berlin to Paris; Ryanair from Dusseldorf to Rome, and Rome to Madrid; Norwegian from Stockholm to Copenhagen. About $70-$80 in most cases, IIRC.

Date: May 11, 2014 17:57

DeanGoodman
EJM
[www.seat61.com]

The man on seat 61 is a great rail travel site by a European rail fanatic with all sorts of interesting ways to get from a to b by rail.

+1, though "global" rail fanatic is a better description. He is fervently opposed to Eurail passes and the like, major rip-offs in most cases.

I'd go a step further and say that flying is cheaper and faster on this tour, eg AirBerlin or Air France from Berlin to Paris; Ryanair from Dusseldorf to Rome, and Rome to Madrid; Norwegian from Stockholm to Copenhagen. About $70-$80 in most cases, IIRC.

Then you miss stuff between the cities.

Arriving in London on the morning of May 29 and staying for about a week. After London, I'm going to Amsterdam, then starting the "tour".

As for London, and nearby. Give some ideas of things to do/see in London. Especially some Stones sites!!! Planning to take the trip to Stonehedge on one of those days.

Thanks iorrians!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-12 13:42 by MingSubu.

Date: May 11, 2014 18:20

MingSubu

Arriving in London on the morning of May 30 and staying for about a week. After London, I'm going to Amsterdam, then starting the "tour".

As for London, and nearby. Give some ideas of things to do/see in London. Especially some Stones sites!!! Planning to take the trip to Stonehedge on one of those days.

Thanks iorrians!!!

I would love to come back to London. Wonderful city, with a lot of things to do every day.

On this thread there's a lot of Stones sites, which I think can be very useful for you.

And I highly recommend you this gig on monday night at 100 Club (which is also a Stones site, since they've played there in 1982).

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 11, 2014 18:23

Opposite richmond station ( easy reach on district line) site of the station hotel where it all began - small plaque (hard to find) but you can have a coffee in there .....

Date: May 11, 2014 19:42

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-18 17:57 by MingSubu.

Date: May 11, 2014 19:53

You can also take the train and go to Dartford, which is a small and pleasant city.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 11, 2014 21:25

I think They've just put a plaque on the station platform where keith and mick met again over the chuck berry records. Apparently there is a Dartford tour of stones landmarks - it's called satisfaction tours
[www.satisfactiontour.co.uk]
But I know nothing about whether it's any good !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-11 21:28 by EJM.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 11, 2014 21:30

MingSubu

Give some ideas of things to do/see in London. Especially some Stones sites!!!

Link to another Thread with further links to Stones related locations.

Date: May 22, 2014 21:41

Between Landgraaf, or Amsterdam, and Berlin are there any fairy tale-ish small villages/towns to spend a day/night?

I wouldn't mind spending the night in a castle. I don't care if it is a hotel, hostel, or bn'b. It doesn't matter.

Thanks!

Date: May 29, 2014 19:50

Landing in London tomorrow morning. Besides Stones and tourist sites, anyone have some recommendations? Going to be in London ~ 4 days.

After London I'm heading to Amsterdam till Pinkpop. What are some non-tourist coffee shops?

Thanks fellas!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 29, 2014 20:11

Take the choo choo to the Octoberfest. It starts in Luxembourg and you can bring a keg. Don't have to worry about driving.

Date: May 29, 2014 21:41

shattered
Take the choo choo to the Octoberfest. It starts in Luxembourg and you can bring a keg. Don't have to worry about driving.

Thanks for the info. I don't drink though. sad smiley

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 29, 2014 21:56

Been to a lot of shows through the years and I go by train. It is common sense.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home