Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: This is all wrong.
Posted by: Marcia ()
Date: May 17, 2005 22:57

Well now, Monkey Man!
You've stirred it up a bit!
I hate to admit that I agree with you, but too many $$$$ for everything these days. Ordinary people in the U.S. cannot even afford to take the family "Out to the ol' ball game". Some not even for a movie and popcorn....I guess "ya pays yer money and take yer pick!"
HEYHOWYADOIN?

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: May 17, 2005 23:07

We had better stop whining like a bunch of @#$%& and rather face the music. The old bastards want to rip us off - I say go ahead make my day.
Das Ergebnis ist theatralisch nicht durchweg schlüssig, hat aber durchaus gehörigen Witz. Das Geld ist über alles.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 17, 2005 23:21

Rutger? I didn't know you speak German!
But I guess you used some internet translator ;-)

Posted by: bianca ()
Date: May 18, 2005 02:29

My argument has always been that we all work for money, as much as we can get, so why are they any different...but this time it is different.

These guys got rich because of freaks like us who love their music. Considering the joy they have given us, they deserve to reap the rewards.

But this time is different. They have taken the middle-class schmucks (like most of us, I daresay) out of the game. That is the disgraceful part. They are gouging this time, and for the first time in 25 years a new tour puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Posted by: monkey man ()
Date: May 18, 2005 04:26

Ello my Canadian lil friend Bianca.
Couldn't agree more with your sentiments mate.

Lodge baby as for “But don't tell me that you do not work for money. And if you can get more you grap it just like the Stones do.”
I didn’t say I don’t work for money and don’t get as much as I can. But I don’t ph uck people over and screw out of them everthing I can get.
The question perhaps (as the great Doors drummer John Densmore once quipped) is “how much money does one need?”

I don’t care that they are making money. But they’d make just as much by selling at lower prices and playing a few more shows. And if they love playing as much as they would lead us to believe, I fail to see where the problem is here.

Jeffrey good to read you again miladio. I have a feeling the Stones side of you will prevail and you’ll be outside Foxboro or wherever they’re playing in Boston buying a ticket.

Doxa once again you are the voice of reason. Definitely something to being a “Beggars Banquet” baby don’t you think? :0)

Rank oh Rank

I don’t know where.. Monkey Man (keefs arse?)…...comes from but as I said you should watch the way you address people.
Maybe you’re confusing me with someone else but I do not consistently bag the Stones.
If you’d learn to read a little better you’d also realise I called no-one a ‘fool’. I find it hard to believe you are Rutger as I have a great deal of respect for him and like him to boot, and he did not behave in such a childish manner.

As for “Oh! I forgot my place, I'm just a fool who doesn't have the sense to know what he likes and to be able to place a monetary value on it. I'll try and do better, really I will.”

You really got to get over yourself.

T&A

“Question of degrees. My point is simply that EVERYONE earns/makes as much money as they can in our society. Why should the Stones be subjected to a different standard?”

Not disputing the point. To the question I’ll answer they are not subjected to a different standard, nor did I say they should be.

My point is that they are not worth the money.
Also that if they lowered prices that they would probably earn just as much or even more money as many more people would see them for the first time, not to mention passing fans that would probably see them again in addition to more die hards that would go to several times.

As for “So, the Stones are supposed to be Dalai Lama-types? What seed having you been smokin', son?”.
It ain’t really a response worth responding to but…
My point there is that one shouldn’t assume their Capitalist views apply to everyone on the planet.
And anyway, that Dalai Lama mungel is a sneaky bastard! :0)

Hello Marcia and Johanna. Not really meaning to stir the pot but some people just don’t wanna face facts that the Stones aren’t worth $600 a ticket.
I would have paid that (allowing for deinflation) in 1972 or 73 when they were the Gods of the music Universe.

I paid $500 a ticket last tour and put out of my mind the cost of it as Singapore was two small shows that they could argue cost them more than they made.
In the U.S however there is plenty of money (not to mention Canada) they can rake in to not only cover costs, but also to buy that new little Island they’ve been in desperate need of for the last couple of hours.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 18, 2005 06:25

What some people don't seem to understand in this thread is that it's not up to you or I to determine what something is worth to another person. I have seen shows where I thought The Stones weren't really very good, but, the person sitting next to me thought they were great! Did THEY get their money's worth? They thought they did. So, what is it worth to see The Stones? It depends on who your asking doesn't it? It's all a matter of persceptive/perception.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-18 06:44 by RankOutsider.

Date: May 18, 2005 07:41

At last a fair and reasoned argument from you.

Your apologies for being abusive and confusing me with saying things I didn't plus name calling is accepted.
Am I safe to assume that you haven't missed this point?

To me it is a rip off and to others here as well.
But in argument to your point, people will still pay for things that they believe are a rip off - it doesn't mean however that the product is worth what's being charged.

As for " have seen shows where I thought The Stones weren't really very good, but, the person sitting next to me thought they were great! Did THEY get their money's worth? They thought they did."

Well that's after the fact. It also is put into no perspective when you don't give money value of what these friends paid.
If I paid $50 for a ticket and the show was good I'd be satisfied too.
If I paid a grand I'd expect it to be out of this world.

kyle m

Have you ever lent somebody $20 and never seen them again? It was probably worth it.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: May 18, 2005 08:12

stickyfingers101 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Debra....I'm pretty sure Kyle and Monkey Man are
> the same person...unless it is ME who's
> szitzophrenic (spell)...

Incorrect!

Kyle is a pig-rooting bastard, and Monkey Man is a dog-rooting bastard......

Esky

Date: May 18, 2005 09:32

I'll let Vanessa know that mate.
hahaha.

kyle m

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: May 18, 2005 10:26

Hey Monkey!

If you didn't drink all your wages you wouldn't have to bellyache so much :-)

Oily.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 18, 2005 12:57

Have a good day Kyle.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 18, 2005 13:03

Kyle, to help you out of the confusion- no one of the Rank Outsiders here is Rutger.
Rutger changed his nickname because of it and now he is simply "Rutger".

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1834
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home