Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Yesterday was the day the music died for me
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 17, 2005 06:26

I CAN'T believe people whining because they PAID for tickets that they feel aren't worth it!!!!!!!!! Is there something wrong with this picture? Wa, Wa, WA.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 17, 2005 06:37

RankOutsider Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I CAN'T believe people whining because they PAID
> for tickets that they feel aren't worth
> it!!!!!!!!! Is there something wrong with this
> picture? Wa, Wa, WA.
>
>

Yes, isn't that the truth. Last tour when I paid $350 for a shitty floor ticket near B-stage, I was embarrased to even admit it.
$350.00!!! (face value) $%&^*&^%#$. Im still upset and embarrassed about it.
Now...people pay $450 for average seats...(voluntarily)...and then they feel they have the need to complain?

Freedom of choice. Take it or leave it, nobody's forcing it on you.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 17, 2005 09:30

Are ticket prices for shows out of control ? Yes. What it comes down to is how much you are willing to pay for something you enjoy and don't get to experience that often. For me, you cannot put a price on pleasure, not that I am rich

I bought 2 tickets for The Giants Stadium show, section 5 (Keith side) row 36. I payed a lot of money....but so what. I had row 33 at Giants stadium for LICKS and it was worth it. Close enough to see everything and just far enough away to hear everything. In 94 I had front row center at Giants Stadium and that was great.

Some people go to four or five different shows a year and pay around $100 for each show. I only go see the Stones at this point, so laying out some cash on one or two shows for them is just like spending the same money to see other bands.

I don't agree that the band (KR & RW) does not play half the time and leans on the support players. On LICKS the support players did not come out till the 5th song and then 3 songs on the b-stage. 8 songs out of 20 just by them selves. Then consider the playing on CYHMK, Rambler, Monkey Man, Dice, HTW, IORR...you are up to 14 songs that the band plays without much support. When Keith does his 2 songs....yeah, the support people come in handy...but it's not hidden. This nonsense that they don't "really play" is crap. I saw it, I heard it.

It is a shame that tickets are so expensive, but many things in life are....some people pay $50,000 and more for a car, or $2000 for a freakin' TV !!

If I had any doubt that the shows would suck I would not buy any tickets. After seeing several LICKS shows, and I have seen MANY shows since 1989, they still have it. With a new album to play, some "forgotten" tracks and some warhorses I have no doubt that the band will sound great. I have no regrets because I KNOW that I will have a great time again. Maybe I am stupid, but so what ? The enjoyment I get from their music and shows has no price.

Maybe the cool thing to do on this board now is to bash the band, question their motives and their musical ability. You would think from some of the posts here that they get on-stage and just do nothing because they can't play anymore. Crap. Love of music is what makes Keith's arthritically frozen fingers crank out the licks on Rambler for 11 minutes, Love of music is why Mick can still run around at 61 and sing better than he ever has. People have been underestimating this band for what, 25, 30 years now....don't they realise they will play till they die? Seriously, this is what they do, and they still do it pretty damn good in my opinion.

I am a fan, but I can be a critic. If they suck at the Giants Stadium show, I will say so. Enjoy them while they are around because there ain't ever gonna be another band like them again.

Milo, NYC
Our love is like the water

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 17, 2005 09:48

My TV set actually cost $3000 and that was well spent money if you ask me.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: May 17, 2005 09:57

Manhattan, if you enjoy it, then it was worth every penny. You only live once.

Milo, NYC
You got the silver

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 17, 2005 10:39

All well said, Milo!

Posted by: Michael Mead LV ()
Date: May 17, 2005 10:50

I love the Stones more than life itself, seen 'em coast to coast since I was old enough to Rock, 1981. That's what makes this price gouging hurt even more.
I don't want to be told that a big part of my life is a luxury.

Posted by: hi1 ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:11

If someone purchase a ticket for the Stones, one should not be surprised by the prize asked by them. The Stones are legendary known for their excess in everything, even in their price tickets. But remember their concerts are always top notch and it is always a pleasure to attend one of their gig anywhere, anyplace around the world. This is what makes them unique.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-17 12:16 by hi1.

Posted by: bombayturner ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:19

If somebody tells you to travel somewhere to lecture/teach, hold a speech or do whatever odd job (nearly 24/7) and tells you you can make USD 10.000 a day, you would tell him no 'I'll do it for 4.000 'cause there are some people who would see me several times and i have to think of the fans'. Yeah, right.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 17, 2005 17:32

It is getting scary the high prices being touted and i think they will be wanting around £175 top ticket in the uk.

I will pay whatever to get to see the stones at least once and hoping to see them in another european country but that will be in the lap of the gods.

Obviously we all can use the money for other things but what surprises me is how close the last tour and this tour are together, but you know you have to go as there is no other group that can move you like the stones.

Now wheres the wife's credit card!!!!!!!!!!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home