Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Speaking of 'underrated' how about Wyman for starters
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 14, 2005 20:38

I know, it pains me too to think that he is no longer a Stone, but, I have listened to 'Flight 505' a few times over the past few weeks and his bass playing on this song is phenominal! And he plays with such a strange meter, it's actually difficult to follow the bass part. You hear it, BUT, try and follow along as though YOU were playing it. It's VERY difficult at first. I guess he plays 'before' the beat? Anyway after listening to this song a few times I thought, "Man! What a bass player! His playing on the whole of 'Aftermath' just really shines. And I've alway's thought of him as just a guy who got the job done. Far from that I think now.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Re: Speaking of 'underrated' how about Wyman for starters
Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 20:57

Well,as is true of so many musicians, he's only appreciated when he's no longer "in the mix". Bill suffered from being mixed too low in several of the "classic" albums. Fortunately, the later boots of his concert sound (esp 78 & 81) made it clear how good he really was.

Please--NO Bill vs Darryl debate--it is rhetorical, and Bill quit of his own free will--he WON'T be coming back.

Date: May 14, 2005 21:01

BP, I've never heard the boots you speak of but would like too. I've NEVER owned a Stones boot, what's wrong with me?

Date: May 14, 2005 21:45

Rank Outsider, you have mail. Can your e-mail handle attachments of almost 10MB? If not, you should maybe get a free MSN Hotmail account. This is what I use.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:06

Hey, bassplayer617, what kind of msn free account do you know... I´ve used mine for some six years & max limit has always been 1MB. I got a home.se-address, but on the other hand you gotta understand Swedish there. If there aint corresponding sites in other countries. But today there are thirteen a dozen of these sites where you could receive larger attachments. Webmail or webhotel may be key words in search... Maybe our good fellow-users here may give some suggestions where to get an adress with space.
...Rank, havent you ever payed rockpassion dot com a visit? I did and the last weeks has been one of the happiest periods thru my life... Loads of stuff.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:10

What do you guys think of his cd Just For A Thrill?

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: May 14, 2005 22:27

Any god link to hear samples?
HAve to be hnest I havent followed Wyman at all *.
To be even more honest I think his In Another Land is one of the most exciting the Stones did between 1965 and 72 (I am strange kind o´creature that likes both the raffninado rockenrollo a n d the psychedelia stuff by the Stones).

* So any Wyman-music samples would be interesting...!

Now who´s implanted?

Date: May 15, 2005 00:45

Babbon Bro, where have you been? The new Hotmail accounts offer 250MB of message storage, plus the higher incoming/outgoing attachment mode. I've been sending individual files to buddies for several months.

Posted by: Tseverin ()
Date: May 15, 2005 01:07

Aftermath & In Another Land for sure, but have you actually played Monkey Grip or Stone Alone? Not as dire as a Ringo Starr solo album but not far short.

Date: May 15, 2005 14:41

Bass, when any man or woman tries to mail me anything over 1Mb it bounces back.
I´d be delighted if you told me how to transform from the small mail box to the Large. We´re talking FREE stuff here, right?? Otherwise: forget it.
I´ve used Hotmail every day since 1999
(do I have to install some of them weird Msn Messenger my kids are using all the time...?).

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 15, 2005 22:25

Downtown Suzie is pretty funny!

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: May 16, 2005 09:15

I was talking about Bill's ability's as a bass player in The Stones. Not his song writing abilities or his solo career. And yes bassplayer I have a large enough mail account, thanks. Question is "how long will it take me to dwnld a 10mg file on a dial-up connection? lol (two years?)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1700
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home