Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

SNL Live clips
Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 07:13

This might have been posted before I don't know but I would like to know has anyone ever come across the Stones live performance on SNL from the Some Girls era? I remember seeing it live at the time it happened and have found very little coverage of theit musical spot ever since. Thank's for now.

Re: SNL Live clips
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2014 07:19

You can found them on the Some Girls - Live in Texas DVD. There's also a bootleg DVD with the rehearsals and some footage from that period.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-04 07:20 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: February 4, 2014 07:27

Terrific and thankyou very much Cristiano Radtke. Now all I need to do is find those DVD's I quess?

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 4, 2014 07:40

On this thread on the Buy/Sell/Trade forum there's a post with this bootleg DVD.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 4, 2014 08:55

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 4, 2014 09:20

SNL is very good at controlling and removing their show from internet unfortunately

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 4, 2014 09:26

That's why SNL appears nowhere on the YouTube description. It'll be gone soon now. (I once posted a ten-minute YouTube DOWN IN THE HOLE outtake here and it was gone in a day. And to my great regret I've never seen it posted on YouTube since. This site is policed.)

Date: February 8, 2014 05:07

Thanks for the replys. Too bad its been made so hard to finf these particular performances. Memory tells me they were sloppy as hell but typical Stones for that time period. Loved the 78 tour and to my mind the band had never and never again will be hotter than they were at that time.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: February 8, 2014 23:46

71Tele

OK, it is a rather usual line, but listening to what Mick plays at 0:18 to 0:21 approx. reminds me so much of Rough Justice...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: February 9, 2014 02:25

I find the SNL era of the stones really cool and fascinating. Its a bridge between the 78 and 81 tours. Kind of like how the 72 winter tour was a bridge between STP and the 73 tour, but more condensed.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 9, 2014 02:30

Rehearsals are great

Posted by: roller99 ()
Date: February 9, 2014 03:05

Send me your email addr, I have it. I'll hook you up. F NBC

Date: February 9, 2014 03:37

I burned the rehearsal years ago with a little extra eq..... Very listenable

Date: February 9, 2014 03:39

Of coarse Jagger's vocals r better in the rehearsals... If only they had been good during the actual show, might have been the stones greatest tv appearance

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1823
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home