Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Def Leppard - Viva Hysteria
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 3, 2014 11:46

This movie from a concert in Las Vegas is set up for a one day only showing in the town where I live. This just shows the true spirit of "Trønder rock". This is music for the least cultivated. Bubble gum and junk food, and then this! The kings of late 80s rock indeed! I didn`t get the bus back then, but now I know what things were going on behind the curtains, so to speak. The fact that there is a marked for this movie in a small town like Drontheim, speaks millions. Legs wide apart, a lot of synth, guitar and chorus! Melodies with adrenaline added, indeed!

Re: OT: Def Leppard - Viva Hysteria
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 4, 2014 00:17

They were a great very very young band.... Rock Brigade... Wasted...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 4, 2014 01:49

Def Leppard used to an amazing young band. Their debut was very good, High And Dry was amazing, Pyromania was their peak. Then they jumped the shark and did Hysteria. Hysteria is good, but they lost the rock and went full ballad. They didn't quite go downhill after that, but they just went that route instead unfortunately.

Heard the Viva Hysteria album but didn't see the film. The first disc of the Hysteria album was ably done, but the second disc was the gem here IMO. First side of High And Dry in sequence and then a splattering of older classic Leppard material. As with most bands, Joe Elliot's vocals are kind of the downside, but he performs well and its more that they're just playing these songs at all that makes it worth it. That second disc is definitely one of my favorite things they've released in awhile and proves what a great rock band they used to be.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 4, 2014 22:11

Yeah Hysteria has a bunch of ballads but love that album. They lost it after Steve Clark died IMHO.

Date: February 4, 2014 22:21

a deluxe edition of the 1996 album SLANG is due out next week

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: February 5, 2014 01:46

I saw Def Leppard ft. the late Steve Clarke in 1988 on the Hysteria World Tour. It was one hell of a concert show and the ultimate best, which I saw in that year. But the albums after that, were not so special, except Euphoria from 1999.

Date: February 5, 2014 03:29

Ladykiller
I saw Def Leppard ft. the late Steve Clarke in 1988 on the Hysteria World Tour. It was one hell of a concert show and the ultimate best, which I saw in that year. But the albums after that, were not so special, except Euphoria from 1999.

slang is the best album the band made after the 80's

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 5, 2014 10:39

Saw Leppard in Vancouver in 83 on the Pyromania tour with Uriah Heep opening. Not bad, I remember then playing CCR's Travelling Band. Saw them again in 88 in Vancouver on the Hysteria tour. Great show, in the round. Bon Jovi came on stage to sing Travelling Band for the encore. He was in town when they were recording New Jersey. Hysteria was a huge album with many singles and the album was in the charts for many months.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: February 6, 2014 20:56

Horrible stuff.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: February 6, 2014 22:00

Someone was singing Hysteria at karaoke one night. In the corner some dude was air-drumming along to it - with one arm tucked in his sleeve. I spat my beer on the floor a bit! >grinning smiley<

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: February 7, 2014 00:33

Another cruel, but funny Leppard joke I heard long ago: What has 9 arms and sucks?...

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: February 7, 2014 02:03

I like Def a lot- am just working on Phil Collen's book with him about life in this band - they are awesome, working class guys- a wonderful bunch

Date: February 7, 2014 02:12

Saw an interview with Phil on tv not too long ago from his home in California. I didn't realize he was into martial arts. He was working out on a punching bag. The whole wave of British metal bands got popular just when I started high school: Priest, Maiden, Motorhead, Leppard, Saxon, Scorpions (German), etc. Couldn't wait to read the latest copies of Creem, Circus and Hit Parade.

Date: February 7, 2014 02:30

he's a workout FREAK - we've spent the last year together working on the book and it has been a real pleasure

Date: February 7, 2014 09:13

Do the rest of Leppard live in the States now?

Date: February 7, 2014 09:26

not all of 'em- a few do -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home