Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
CNN British Invasion documentary
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:34

Anybody elae watched this doc, currently being rerun a number of times on CNN? It focuses mostly on the Beatles but lots of Stones content, including scenes from the Hollywood Palace and TAMI shows, brief 60s interviews, etc., not to mention some manic scenes from the London show stonesrule and I attended! grinning smiley

Well worth a watch.

Re: CNN British Invasion documentary
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:44

I've read about it today, but unfortunately I couldn't watch it. Today's documentary was a special presentation from a 10-episode series that will begin in May 2014.

[cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 31, 2014 08:43

Petty stock stuff. It's more for the newbie. We need more video compilations from that time. There's not a lot of Stones stuff left that isn't lip sync, but we've never had an official video release of the Dave Clark Five.

Date: January 31, 2014 09:26

There's nothing much we haven't seen before, true, but I still found it entertaining, especially moments I'd forgotten like Brian telling the guy to shut up so they could actually listen to Howlin' Wolf play. smiling smiley Certainly of interest to newbies, but also to oldbies like me who kept being reminded of shows and interviews I hadn't seen for years.

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: January 31, 2014 12:20

Watched it last night, pleasantly surprised, great footage of Stones, Beatles, Kinks, The Who, Animals. A lot of info for one hour, looking forward for the rest of the series.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: January 31, 2014 15:42

Enjoyed it, too, liked the fact that most of the performances were live or at least vocally live. Showed some of the bluesier elements of the Stones that aren't often seen in those kinds of programs. And, the Brian fans should be happy, he got as much face and interview time as Mick.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: January 31, 2014 17:16

Nothing out of the ordinary. It was like watching one of the Time/Life record commercials.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 31, 2014 19:01

I'm going to try to catch it tonight at 11 pm eastern or record it. CNN is running it several times overnight tonight and into the weekend.

[www.cnn.com]

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 31, 2014 19:05

Aquamarine
There's nothing much we haven't seen before, true, but I still found it entertaining, especially moments I'd forgotten like Brian telling the guy to shut up so they could actually listen to Howlin' Wolf play. smiling smiley Certainly of interest to newbies, but also to oldbies like me who kept being reminded of shows and interviews I hadn't seen for years.

That was the best!!!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: January 31, 2014 19:14

It was very well done, and sure, most of us have seen most of this stuff BUT there were a few gems in there.....the clip from " One Plus One- Sympathy Fopr The Devil" was very cool...Mick singing with headphones on in the studio...singing to the track....some interesting Monterey footage, Beach Boys in the studio, Beatles photos I never saw before, Kinks footage...I thought it was a few cuts above average!thumbs up

Posted by: polythene sam ()
Date: February 1, 2014 02:41

Dave Clark is effin' scary looking!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 1, 2014 08:40

Nice to see the focus away from Paul and more focus on John and George... Great clips of Brian and a good understanding and presentation of the early Stones..

Date: February 1, 2014 09:17

polythene sam

No kidding, he should get his money back for that face job!

To this day, when I watch Mick in action at the TAMI show it takes my breath away. (And it's great to watch Keith laughing in sheer amazement.)

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: February 1, 2014 09:24

I posted new thread on this show a week or so ago. Aired again tonite, was fun at least to watch & better than plenty of crapola on tv these days. winking smiley

Date: February 1, 2014 09:34

Sorry, didn't see it and didn't come up via search. smiling smiley

Date: February 1, 2014 09:47

Aquamarine
Sorry, didn't see it and didn't come up via search. smiling smiley
see up top of forum. find many threads I've looked for via search & I know exist don't come up. smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 1, 2014 09:57

He's in pieces, bits and pieces....

Do you love me, now that I'm insane!

And I'm feeling glad all over, yes I'm glad all over, so glad I'm go-o-o-o-one!

You ever wanna live in the sky?
Watchin' all the world go by
Sitting on the moon with all your friends

And the look on my face says I like it like that!

It's right, it's right to feel the way I do

I walk the streets still in a dream

Date: February 1, 2014 10:32

Bloody hell! eye popping smiley (I note in passing, though, that he does seem to have the same dentist as Keith.)

British Invasion Special on CNN Jan. 30
Date: January 24, 2014 09:41

Just a heads up, this looks interesting. Leads off with the Beatles in the promos; should be a fun view for us classic oldies fans. Airs at 9 pm EST. Enjoy! cool smiley

Re: British Invasion Special on CNN Jan. 30
Date: February 1, 2014 09:45

here it tis...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: February 1, 2014 10:53

Has anyone recorded this?

Date: February 1, 2014 10:57

paulinestroosnijder
Has anyone recorded this?

I haven't but surely we can get the DVD. CNN has been replaying it. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: February 1, 2014 16:44

And this is what Dave Clark used to look like.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 1, 2014 16:53

Aquamarine
Bloody hell! eye popping smiley (I note in passing, though, that he does seem to have the same dentist as Keith.)

Fuckong hell! eye popping smiley

By same dentist you mean maker of falsies? grinning smiley

Date: February 1, 2014 22:51

His Majesty

By same dentist you mean maker of falsies? grinning smiley

Let's just say, a dentist whose idea of "natural"-looking teeth = all 100% even, and dazzlingly white. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: February 1, 2014 23:59

polythene sam
Had some body work which was done poorly

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 2, 2014 00:26

Some failed cosmetic surgery for Dave I see.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 2, 2014 00:34

Oh my. That'll make you think twice about going under the knife. His teeth are the most normal looking thing about him.

I sure did love The Dave Clark Five though...remember dancing to them in front of my 45 record player when I was a little girl.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 2, 2014 00:54

Ladies, yes, agreed Dave Clark is a mess.
Did you notice in this documentary women were hardly involved...men talking...talking...talking Only one woman, Susanna Hoff from the Bangles. In reality, there were some fine female rock writers in the sixties -- notably England's Penny Valentine and Caroline Boucher and, of course, Vicki Wickham, who was one of the bright young minds behind "Ready, Steady Go"" These three knew everyone who mattered and had the brains to contribute quite a lot to the music scene.

Date: February 2, 2014 01:08

Good point--too bad we didn't hear from any of those ladies. Vicki Wickham was a really powerful figure, I remember, and is still around to tell the tale.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home