Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Terrible Press Questions
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:24

I can't believe how bad the questions were that the press asked. The guy who asked how far done are you guys with the new album basically left that question up for any response. Why not ask when the new album will be released or something less open ended. I just think its ashame with all the press people there that they called on the people with the dumbest questions..

Where did you get those sexy moves?

Come on...

Re: Terrible Press Questions
Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:28

Ok, Hound Dog:

"Where did you get those sexy moves?" wasnt the brightest question in the international rock presscenference history, but surely falttering for a guy who has some three months ledt till he is 62 y o.

And the answer - flash-speed delivered by Kaith, is maybe the Answer Of The Millenium:

"From your mum."

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:47

Hound Dog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can't believe how bad the questions were that
> the press asked.

what do you expect from pigs other than grunts?

Posted by: stickyfingers101 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:50

If you think THOSE press questions are bad....try listening to the press conferences with our moronic president....

"how do you think the situation in Iraq is coming along?"

DUH....hmm...I wonder how he'll respond...

though, the answers are often entertaining w/ Bushy's total lack of intelligence and/or a full grasp of the English language....

Let's face it....Corporatized Media sucks ball-bag....they lob up these open-ended softball questions so that the interviewee can basically answer any way they like...

Corporate Media KNOWS that if they ask "tough" questions, they risk being excluded at future press conferences/exclusives etc.....I think this problem is most pronounced in political journalism, but has spilled over into other areas as well....

the only relevant question for the Stones is "WHEN ARE YOU COMING TO MY TOWN????"

Rock on....Stones rule...

BTW...what ever happened to KyleM "The Monkey Man"...that dude was a trip.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:57

I guess the Stones comments are what made the whole thing entertaining. They still have that great sense of humor when people ask stupid things. That guy from the BBC was the worst.

Posted by: charlotte ()
Date: May 12, 2005 17:59

@#$%& stupid questions indeed...

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: May 12, 2005 18:17

When the press have to ask dumbass questions it's because they can't think of anything else to say......

It would only have taken a little thought to have asked "How are you guys feeling about the new tour? What is it like to sell out stadiums all over the world for so many years? Will the new songs sound better at a live gig? Did you find it hard to write and record the new album?"

etc etc etc

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 13, 2005 06:00

The Press core has no knowledge of these guys, christ alot of them wouldn't know who Ian Steward is.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: May 13, 2005 07:42

Stickyfingers101 your entire post is worthless. Bush has nothing to do with the Stones and neither does political journalism. The corespondents just asked lousy questions. I'm willing to bet getting your face rocked off by the Stones prior to fielding questions is probably a more likely cause for distraction.

"I dont really have a question, its more of a comment. That new track rocked my face off. Welcome back Ronnie."

Drake

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: May 13, 2005 08:52

I think sticky101's comments my have some relevance in that the press people who were there probably cover 'corporate mergers' on a daily basis. Given that, the chances of them asking a relevant question of The Stones may be asking a bit much. In other word's, those people don't know sh%$ about rock 'n' roll because most of them probably have other 'beats' they cover on a regular basis, (why pay three reporters when you can have one cover it all; down sizing;doesn't do much for the stories but it sure helps share prices go up!) and it ain't rock 'n' roll. "Ok, let's pull some people off the Wall Street beat and have them go check out The Stones kind of thing. Pity.

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: May 13, 2005 09:33

A press conference like this is only part of showbusiness and is not intended to deal with serious questions. A Stones press conference would hardly be the target for investigative journalism. Did you expect that CBS 60 minutes would cover the event or something. It's showbiz and the Stones are only seeking attention so that they can sell more tickets for the upcoming tour and the reporters are just looking for anything at all to write in the newspapers. If the band would consent to do interviews with e.g David Fricke at Rolling Stone Magazine, only then would there be plenty of time to ask open-ended questions and also to get serious answers and just not witty one-liners. By the way, I think Michael Cohl did cover most off the essentials.

Date: May 13, 2005 09:37

Yep, and that´s why I think we iorr:ers should demand a special rock press conference some time during this summer. Bjornulf, are you with me? ...Gazza? StonesDoug? ...If all webmasters & heavy dudes got together & spoke thru our (rock) media contacs - @#$%&, some of us even work on radio stations etc - and invited the band thru official channels (maybe also thru some private lobbying)...

Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: May 13, 2005 10:13

It was interesting that the two questions that were perhaps of most interestr were ignored or dismissed

1. Charlie`s health
and.....

in light of lots of posts on this forum

2. Is your motivation to tour soley the music or is it driven by money?
....this one didn`t go down well!

Date: May 13, 2005 12:05

Baboon Bro Wrote:
> Yep, and that´s why I think we iorr:ers should
> demand a special rock press conference some time
> during this summer. Bjornulf, are you with me?
> ...Gazza? StonesDoug? ...If all webmasters &
> heavy dudes got together & spoke thru our
> (rock) media contacs - @#$%&, some of us even work
> on radio stations etc - and invited the band thru
> official channels (maybe also thru some private
> lobbying)...

LOL

The thing is, the band wouldnt WANT that.

I dont think Mick would be too interested in the sort of questions guys like you and me would ask. That sort of stuff would be confined to the relative obscurity of an AOL online chat or something similar, where it can and has been easily brushed aside

Unfortunately, a tour press conference is all about publicity and soundbites, and the likes of the NY Times and the like provide that sort of thing more effectively than a fanzine or message board will do because with us they're already preaching to the 'converted'.

Date: May 13, 2005 12:13

Gazza, I know, I´m a hopeless dreamer once in a while.
Mr "Dingwall", "Brandis" our Swedish secret Stones agent
& r'n'roll friend of Mr Riffhard said to me the other day that the guys are just afraid of the serious fans. So be it. But dreaming is still free of charge...

Date: May 13, 2005 12:36

having seen some of the 'serious' fans, I dont blame them!

Date: May 13, 2005 13:14

C wha U mean

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: May 13, 2005 13:25

The questions were indeed terrible, for people who know more about the the Stones and are more enthusiastic about them than most of the journalist it was emabarassing to watch sometimes, totally flat and unispiring.
"Where did you get those sexy moves?" was definitely one of the better ones, I have to disagree with Hound dog. Now that's what the Stones are about - 60plus years old man still attractive for teenagers. This question and answer was the highlight imo, at least a hint of something sexy and entertaining.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: May 13, 2005 14:22

black n blue Wrote:
> The Press core has no knowledge of these guys,
> christ alot of them wouldn't know who Ian Steward
> is.

Well, I don't know who 'Ian Steward' is either.

Ian Stewart, on the other hand.....

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 14, 2005 08:22

My spelling sucks, how about alexis korner

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1728
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home