Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 176
Re: Pictures of Rolling Stones members with other famous people
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 13, 2014 07:55

mighty stork
Sam Cutler

GS1978
This such a great shot. All 5 of the Stones are beaming -- they all seem so amused by something someone said at this press conference. Anyone know the context. Very rare to see all of them smiling together. 1973 tour?

It's from the 27th October 1969 press conference at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Here's some footage of it (unfortunately there's no sound).

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 14, 2014 01:17

Anjelica Huston

James McCartney

David Maysles & Little Edie

Ana Araujo

Wolfgang Niedecken

Date: May 14, 2014 23:12

Mikhail-Baryshnikov & Alana-Stewart

Date: May 16, 2014 06:35

Kylie Minogue

Tina Turner & Little Richard

Eric Clapton

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: May 16, 2014 15:52

mighty stork
Bryan Adams, (not sure), david Bowie, Mark Knopfler, & Paul McCartney

Steve McQueen

Jimi Hendrix

Johnny Depp

John Mayer

Pete Townshend & Keith Moon

Axl Rose

Eric Clapton

Sheryl Crow

Paul McKinnon

Don Was

Pete Townshend

Norah Jones

Steve Jordan

Rod Stewart

Petra Hatzel

Kelly Jones

Paul & Linda McCartney

Sam Cutler

Frankie Dettori

First photos, isn't that the guy from Level 42.and the photo should be reversed.

Date: May 17, 2014 04:32

First photos, isn't that the guy from Level 42.and the photo should be reversed.[/quote]

Reversed??? Paul is left handed and the others right so it appears correct to me.

Date: May 17, 2014 05:12

Freddie King and Eric Clapton

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 17, 2014 09:20

I love this thread.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 17, 2014 09:59

I do, too, but

mighty stork

Reversed??? Paul is left handed and the others right so it appears correct to me.

In the picture as we look at it here, Paul is playing with his right hand, and Knopfler and the others with their left. So yes, it should be reversed.

Posted by: DiamondDog7 ()
Date: May 17, 2014 11:27

mighty stork
Freddie King and Eric Clapton

Isn't that Larry Coryell in the back? The jazzfusion guitarplayer?? Cool!!

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: May 17, 2014 11:35

Fixed. That guy from Level 42 is Mark King BTW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-17 11:36 by OhNoNotMeAgain.

Date: May 18, 2014 16:28

OhNoNotMeAgain
Fixed. That guy from Level 42 is Mark King BTW.

I stand corrected. Should have known by the crest on Bowie's blazer.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: May 18, 2014 17:35

From what tour/ show is the Steve McQueen/ Wyman shot?

Date: May 18, 2014 19:49

Rona Elliot

Keith Barish

Angus Young

Brian Johnson and Angus Young of AC/DC, Bill Wallace and Randy Bachman of the Guess Who & Justin Timberlake

Sir Bruce Forsyth and Wilnelia Merced

Richard Phillips

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 05:09 by bv.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: May 18, 2014 23:48

shattered
I love this thread.

thumbs up

Date: May 20, 2014 03:03

Florence Welch

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: May 20, 2014 17:19

I have a suggestion to help make this thread more meaningful. How about stop putting peoples names next to the pictures. This way we will avoid pictures of the Stones next to people who are really not famous but are actually little known.

If they are actually famous we would not need names next to the pictures, because you know they are famous, and if they are truly famous we would know who they are.

Date: May 20, 2014 23:44

stanlove
I have a suggestion to help make this thread more meaningful. How about stop putting peoples names next to the pictures. This way we will avoid pictures of the Stones next to people who are really not famous but are actually little known.

If they are actually famous we would not need names next to the pictures, because you know they are famous, and if they are truly famous we would know who they are.

Actually a few people commented just the opposite when no names were listed they wanted to know who the were. Except for a very few rare exceptions all of the people shown with the Rolling Stones are truly famous for something. If you look they run quite a wide range of professions and generations. I think that is the interesting part.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:05

.......but what if a monk who's been locked away in prayer for decades breaks free and converts to IORR???

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:20

stanlove

People can be mega-famous in one country and totally unknown in another. I don't know who half these people are, but I often recognize their names, suggesting that they're famous SOMEWHERE. Others, I recognize their faces but don't know their names. I don't see how not including names would weed out the non-famous, anyway.

Count me among the folks who want to know who they're looking at.

Date: May 21, 2014 00:28

Rockman

.......but what if a monk who's been locked away in prayer for decades breaks free and converts to IORR???

Means he studied with headsets on.

Date: May 21, 2014 00:34

A.R.Rahman

Alice Cooper

Tina Turner

Patti Smith

Keith Moon

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 21, 2014 00:42

Means he studied with headsets on......waste of time ...no eeeelectricity in them there monk-houses

ROCKMAN

Date: May 21, 2014 02:18

Batteries.

Date: May 21, 2014 06:39

You guys aren't talking about this guy are you?

Maharishi Yogi

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 21, 2014 09:18

I want to thank Mightystork and others for all the pics and especially putting names next to them. In all due honestly, I haven't heard of at least half of the people in these pics. I would imagine most are well known in Britain/Europe but I wonder if most Canadians/Americans on this board know them?
Looking at this current page 28, some of the people I've never heard of include: AR Rahman, Florence Welch, Richard Phillips, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Rona Elliot, Frankie Dettori, Kelly Jones, etc.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 21, 2014 13:59

Half the fun of this thread is trying to figure out who the other famous people are. Here's one, had to look this guy up myself:

Brian and Bill with Keith Fordyce.

Date: May 21, 2014 14:11

latebloomer
Half the fun of this thread is trying to figure out who the other famous people are. Here's one, had to look this guy up myself:

Brian and Bill with Keith Fordyce.

Believe me I have to google half of these people as well but then sometimes it makes you say...... oh yeah, that's who he/she is. This addition was one of those.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 21, 2014 16:28

DGA35
I want to thank Mightystork and others for all the pics and especially putting names next to them. In all due honestly, I haven't heard of at least half of the people in these pics. I would imagine most are well known in Britain/Europe but I wonder if most Canadians/Americans on this board know them?
Looking at this current page 28, some of the people I've never heard of include: AR Rahman, Florence Welch, Richard Phillips, Sir Bruce Forsyth, Rona Elliot, Frankie Dettori, Kelly Jones, etc.

My thanks too to all photo contributors. Thanks!!! Especially 60s and 70s pix!!! A real blast from the past.

Any other Sinatra, Dean Martin, Smothers Brothers, Sonny & Cher, Sammy Davis Jr also other rat packers with the Stones photos??

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2014 16:51

triceratops
DGA35

My thanks too to all photo contributors. Thanks!!! Especially 60s and 70s pix!!! A real blast from the past.

Any other Sinatra, Dean Martin, Smothers Brothers, Sonny & Cher, Sammy Davis Jr also other rat packers with the Stones photos??

Believe me, the transatlantic non-recognition works in both directions! Count me among the Names Please party.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2324252627282930313233...LastNext
Current Page: 28 of 176

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1975
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home