Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: New Orleans Jazz Fest Artist announced
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 2, 2014 04:43

@ Bluzzdude - Definately catch Bruce- the other night in Ft Laud they played AC/DC 's Highway to Hell & JLH's Boom, Boom Booom --- one heluva show!! Oh not to fail to mention, during Dancing in the Dark, he pulled a babe from seats that reminded me of Courtney Cox.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 2, 2014 17:45

Caught a bit last night on AXS-TV. Tab Benoit was layin' it down. Unfortunately I had to go to sleep before Robert Plant was on.

Side question (possibly specifically about AXS-TV) regarding "the sound" on AXS-TV. First, I love the network and their committment to at least make an effort to put Live Music on TV. However, After watching a bit of their Cochella & Stagecoach festival coverage (had a hard time stomaching much of either of those two) and what I saw last night of NOJF, made me wonder what they're doing with the sound feed. If I had to guess, it's a close-mic'd board feed to the TV. Don't get me wrong, it sounds great. Clean. Pristine. However, I'm not getting ANY crowd or ambient noise AT ALL with what I'm hearing. The performances could be "live in the studio" as opposed to "on stage". I miss the audience! Anyone else noticing this? Agree? Disagree?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 2, 2014 18:14

Get the Picture?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 2, 2014 18:44

Thanks for posting Chris. Pretty cool. A good example of why it's a good idea to listen with open ears...

When it first started, my thought was "OK. Cool but there's about 7-8 too many people involved" (as my brain was comparing with JLH's original masterpeice).

@ about 2:00 my brain said, "ya' know, this is pretty fun."

@ about 4:40 my brain said, "Damn. I wish I was there for that."

I feel sorry for all the people over in the "Ronnie Solo's" thread who can't get past what isn't there to be able to enjoy what IS there. This video reminded me of that. Bruce may not be John Lee, but he is Bruce. And Damn fine at that as well.

Thanks again for posting a cool video that enabled me to get a refresher on something I was needing to remember!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1520
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home