Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Presale for American Express Card Holders
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 11, 2005 17:16

Does anyone know how the presale of tickets for American Express Card holders works. I was able to find someone nice enough (or who trusts me enough) to let me use their credit card and when I go on the Ticketmaster web site and click on American Express presale it says no tickets available. I have been getting the same message since yesterday.

Re: Presale for American Express Card Holders
Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: May 11, 2005 17:23

AmEx has seats at selected venues - but MANY people must be doing what your doing, borrowing card numbers to try to score tix before us in the general public...

Posted by: edfelt ()
Date: May 11, 2005 17:29

I tried for tickets a few years ago borrowing someone's card. got great seats, but when i tried to buy more a few minutes later - non available - bu more opened up a few days later. Concert was for Sting and Annie Lenox

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 11, 2005 17:47

Are you sure about American Express being involved in the tour? I read on a post too, but it appears the sponsor is Ameriquest, a mortgage company, which has no link with Amex, as far as I know.

See the Ameriquest's press release

AMERIQUEST MORTGAGE COMPANY TO PRESENT THE UNITED STATES LEG OF THE ROLLING STONES ON STAGE WORLD TOUR

Orange, Calif.— May 10, 2005 — Ameriquest Mortgage Company, one of the nation’s largest mortgage lenders, announced today a sponsorship agreement with the Rolling Stones making Ameriquest the Presenting Sponsor of the United States leg of The Rolling Stones On Stage World Tour.

The Rolling Stones On Stage World Tour, which will include more than 35 dates in the United States and kicks-off August 21 in Boston's historic Fenway Park before concluding February 4, 2006 in Miami at the American Airlines Center, represents Ameriquest’s first sponsorship of a major concert tour.

“With music that appeals to a wide spectrum of the American public, the Rolling Stones offer Ameriquest a broad platform to strategically communicate our brand, our services and our positioning as, ’Proud Sponsor of the American Dream’" said Brian Woods, Chief Marketing Officer, Ameriquest Mortgage Company. “In today’s saturated marketplace, the Rolling Stones break through the clutter to reach fans in a way that few iconic brands can. Being the presenting sponsor of this tour allows Ameriquest the opportunity to reach those fans by fulfilling their Dream to see the Stones on stage live.,"

“The band are at their best and it will be an amazing tour," said Michael Cohl, Tour Director. “We are glad to have Ameriquest on-board."

Ameriquest will activate their sponsorship with a fully integrated promotional campaign that will feature Rolling Stones themed television advertising, direct mail, interactive web content including free music track downloads and a national consumer sweepstakes.

About Ameriquest Mortgage Company
Ameriquest Mortgage Company, headquartered in Orange, Calif., is a national mortgage lender committed to helping people achieve their homeownership dreams and financial freedom. To fulfill that mission, Ameriquest originates and services home mortgage loans through more than 280 branch offices across the United States. Ameriquest and its affiliates employ more than 14,000 associates nationwide. For more information about Ameriquest Mortgage Company, visit www.ameriquest.com.

Date: May 11, 2005 18:21

This below is taken directly from their press release..

"American Express has a long history of providing special access and meaningful experiences to Cardmembers. As part of this ongoing commitment, American Express has partnered with the Rolling Stones to secure a special opportunity for Cardmembers to purchase their tickets (in select markets and venues) to what promises to be an incredible tour prior to the general public on-sale. All tickets available during the American Express on-sale can be purchased via Ticketmaster as follows: in Boston, from 3:00 p.m. ET on May 10 through 9:00 p.m. ET on May 13; in Chicago, from 9:00 a.m. CT on May 11 through 5 p.m. CT on May 20; in New York from 9 a.m. ET on May 11 through 5 p.m. ET on May 22; and in Anaheim and San Francisco from 9 a.m. PST on May 11 through 5 p.m. PST on May 21."

Posted by: ssf466 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 18:30

Worked for me this morning for Giants Stadium

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-11 19:29 by ssf466.

Date: May 11, 2005 18:46

I was trying for Hartford or Fenway, didn't try Giants Stadium. Last few times the sound was bad because its such a large venue. I hope they will announce the other dates soon in the NYC area.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 11, 2005 19:31

I got three terrific seats for Chicago. I kept trying for four and was told none available. I was on the phone w/ the Amex woman p-ssing and moaning when the three good ones came up.

Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 19:35

R, what kind of seats did you get? I was trying for awhile and kept getting crappy choices. Then, Section B2 popped up and I see the prices. There is no way I was charging $900 to my friend's AMEX card!!! The Stones have to be nuts charging $450 a piece!!! Guess I'm going to wait and see if they add more shows in Chicago.

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 11, 2005 21:04

" R, what kind of seats did you get? I was trying for awhile and kept getting crappy choices. Then, Section B2 popped up and I see the prices. There is no way I was charging $900 to my friend's AMEX card!!! The Stones have to be nuts charging $450 a piece!!! Guess I'm going to wait and see if they add more shows in Chicago."

There was two choices: $160 and $450. No way in hell I was going to pay $450 per. I tried about ten times for four @ $160 and all I got was "not available.". Once I accidentally hit "BEST AVAILABLE" and was offered four $450 seats in section "C" just in front of the B-Stage!!! About nine minutes into the sale I decided to try an odd number (three) and ended up in section 140, second row from the field, adjacent to Ronnies side of the stage about where "B" ends and "C" begins!

I played this game during 'Licks.' I became convinced that there are mid-line priced tickets mixed in with the pricey stuff just so they can say they aren't hosing people.

BTW, there's talk of a Sept 11 show at Soldier and also the regular on-sale to the public hasn't happened yet for Sept 10. Don't believe for a minute they are selling every ticket from the front to the back with these pre-sales. They cherry pick a few from great to marginal.

Also, don't cheap out if you want a seat. I was highly amused at all the smug yuppie women in their heels at the "Licks" stadium shows whose hubbies and boyfriends bought the cheap General Admissions only to find they were cordoned off in a standing area behind the b-stage. For three songs they got the show of their ives.

Posted by: flexy633 ()
Date: May 11, 2005 22:57

R Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was two choices: $160 and $450. No way in
> hell I was going to pay $450 per. I tried about
> ten times for four @ $160 and all I got was "not
> available.". Once I accidentally hit "BEST
> AVAILABLE" and was offered four $450 seats in
> section "C" just in front of the B-Stage!!! About
> nine minutes into the sale I decided to try an odd
> number (three) and ended up in section 140, second
> row from the field, adjacent to Ronnies side of
> the stage about where "B" ends and "C" begins!
>
> I played this game during 'Licks.' I became
> convinced that there are mid-line priced tickets
> mixed in with the pricey stuff just so they can
> say they aren't hosing people.
>
> BTW, there's talk of a Sept 11 show at Soldier and
> also the regular on-sale to the public hasn't
> happened yet for Sept 10. Don't believe for a
> minute they are selling every ticket from the
> front to the back with these pre-sales. They
> cherry pick a few from great to marginal.
>
> Also, don't cheap out if you want a seat. I was
> highly amused at all the smug yuppie women in
> their heels at the "Licks" stadium shows whose
> hubbies and boyfriends bought the cheap General
> Admissions only to find they were cordoned off in
> a standing area behind the b-stage. For three
> songs they got the show of their ives.

Yeah, I figured there would be more shows added for Chicago. Nope, I don't think they are selling everything out with the pre-sales. Problem is - I don't want to pay $450 a ticket for really great seats. Can't afford to do that. Quite honestly, I wouldn't be disappointed with having the front row for the B-stage. If that's all I can do to see my favorite band up close and personal, then so be it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1189
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home