Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Possible 2014 new Stones songs?
Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 15:32

During an interview of this month, Mick has told:"I write songs all the time.Actually I was just finishing doing some yesterday".He had told before in July and september the same thing adding "Hopefully we'll do new songs one of this days soon".
So, could the Stones recording in the fall of next year after the Australasian and European Tour and touring USA in the spring of 2015 with a new studio album?!I think that this could be possible!

Re: Possible 2014 new Stones songs?
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 31, 2013 15:33

An album with a tour behind it, would be sweet!

Posted by: franzk ()
Date: December 31, 2013 15:41

Yeah, Keith is repeating that he's writing all the time, Mick is repeating he's writing all the time and yet since 2005 they've managed to finish barely two new songs. I'm positive though and believe they are able to release another album before they turn 100.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: December 31, 2013 15:53

Keith is already 100 and no new songs at the horizon.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2013 16:02

mailexile67
During an interview of this month, Mick has told:"I write songs all the time.Actually I was just finishing doing some yesterday".He had told before in July and september the same thing adding "Hopefully we'll do new songs one of this days soon".
So, could the Stones recording in the fall of next year after the Australasian and European Tour and touring USA in the spring of 2015 with a new studio album?!I think that this could be possible!

These quotes are nothing new and utterly meaningless until they choose to release them.

For all we know, the songs hes writing could be new lyrics on old recordings for an archives release, like the projected 'Sticky Fingers' reissue. That plus the fact that he hasnt done any solo material in some time, would be more likely I think.

Other artists who write regularly choose to release those songs. It makes sense. The Stones dont - which would suggest the comments are a bit of bullshit (after all, hes hardly going to say 'no, I'm not writing - our audiences dont have enough interest in new material').

24 new songs released in the last 16 years - most of them never performed live - speaks volumes.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-31 16:03 by Gazza.

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 17:14

I do not think that the stones will not even new songs and will be on tour in 2015! this tour that started in 2012 will end in 2014 in total with a handful of concerts is the confirmation that they will do a new album! the real news in 2014 will be Keith Richards .... because it would be absurd that his new solo work would shift in 2015! then to me personally after the recent work of the Rolling Stones I do not care a new album ....we all saw that in the last days in the various video the only one who was in the studio recording it was just Keith .... which says a lot because I had also said that he entered the studio to record year-end with or without the Rolling Stones!

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 31, 2013 17:27

I could see them releasing a new single this year, maybe before they start their next tour. Is anyone really bothered if they don't do a new album? Can't say I would be upset if they just continued their sporadic mini tours in the same style as Dylan's endless tour and released the occasional new track.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 31, 2013 18:18

Father Ted
I could see them releasing a new single this year, maybe before they start their next tour. Is anyone really bothered if they don't do a new album? Can't say I would be upset if they just continued their sporadic mini tours in the same style as Dylan's endless tour and released the occasional new track.

A far more likely scenario, although obviously with less shows than Dylan's 'template'.

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: December 31, 2013 18:30

I think new material should be old material. This new law about music rights from 50 to 70 years could give the possibilty to get old material released after 1963. To keep their rights, they just have to release these songs as rarites or in small production like the IBC and BBc sessions from the super deluxe Grrr.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:10

Father Ted

Makes sense. They were barely able to pull of the single Doom & Gloom. It's B-side was dreck. I don't think they have the energy at this point to make an album worth of new material. At least not an album's worth of new sounds. They've pretty much exhausted their retro-ness, and might not even be able to pull that off credibly.

It took them all the way to Hyde Park to knock off enough rust to sound somewhere near where they were on the Bigger Bang Tour. I don't think Keith has enough in the tank, god bless him, to come up with anything new and exciting. And the dream of them sitting down with Taylor and Wyman and making one last great blues oriented album is beyond Jagger's heart to give to us.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:27

I think that an album in the top five UK and Billboard charts in the sixth decade of their career should be a nice "satisfaction", besides I think that a new studio album with a good promotion could sell over 3 million worldwide with not much costs if they decide to record in the Mick's studio near Paris...I think that the Stones are thinking about this opportunity.

Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: December 31, 2013 19:44

I had a dream last night that they released a brand new album. Honestly.

Of course Jagger writes songs constantly. He is a songwriter. That doesn't mean there is gong to be a Stones album though.

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 31, 2013 20:54

I think the Scarf and Pierre have both been working on material for the next Stones album, provisionally titled "through the scarf darkly"t

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: December 31, 2013 20:55

I think the Scarf and Pierre have both been working on material for the next Stones album, provisionally titled "through the scarf darkly"

Date: December 31, 2013 21:05

john lomax
I think the Scarf and Pierre have both been working on material for the next Stones album, provisionally titled "through the scarf darkly"

A joke so good it had to be told twice?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 31, 2013 21:17

24FPS - When the band stepped on stage in Brooklyn back in 2012 they sounded better than at anytime on the Bigger Bang tour. I saw three shows on that tour and three on 50 and counting and the 50 and counting tour was better than any of the three Bang shows and I saw pre coconut tree fall and post. Do they have an album in them at this point? I don't know but they surprised me with the quality of work on the 50 and Counting tour and they may surprise us all yet again.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 1, 2014 03:21

Why? Is it already time for the next greatest hits collection?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-01 03:22 by andrewt.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 1, 2014 03:41

New songs are always possible, since the main songwriters claim to always be writing, but new recordings under the Stones banner seem less probable, when one of the main songwriters keeps talking in tentative terms along the lines of "hopefully some day soon...." For a guy who plans his life out months in advance, it seems increasingly less promising as we continue to extend the longest ever stretch without a new album of originals--now 9 years and counting....

Date: January 1, 2014 06:24

slew
24FPS - When the band stepped on stage in Brooklyn back in 2012 they sounded better than at anytime on the Bigger Bang tour. I saw three shows on that tour and three on 50 and counting and the 50 and counting tour was better than any of the three Bang shows and I saw pre coconut tree fall and post. Do they have an album in them at this point? I don't know but they surprised me with the quality of work on the 50 and Counting tour and they may surprise us all yet again.

My ears had a different take. Keith was practically a mummy in Brooklyn when I saw then Dec 15 2012. I saw them on the first LA show in May 2012 and they were lame. Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler was the highlight. I just saw Hyde Park on Showtime about a week ago. It was better than the other shows, but not inspiring at all. They appear to be struggling just to be a shadow of something long past. Keith is hitting about half the notes he was playing in 2005, and he was slowing down then. Again, god bless you if your ears tell you something different. Curse mine that they don't.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: January 1, 2014 09:55

It's funny how easily a thread like "possible 2014 new Stones songs?" became "let's talk about their performances one more time"...
BTW, my ears told me that the Stones performed really good in 2012 and 2013. Keith was clearly better in comparison with himself on ABB tour, atleast after his accident. And for sure in 2012-13 he didn't play on a lower level than 2005. If we have to talk about this, for 1500th time, on a thread about new songs...

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: January 1, 2014 14:39

An album of new studio songs, from which 6-8 songs would enter setlists, could make for a triumphant return to Hyde Park very soon! Give occasion for it! Might not that be a tempting prospect for the band?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-01 14:39 by Witness.

Posted by: Bashlets ()
Date: January 1, 2014 17:59

I would like a new album 10 to 11 tracks maximum with a running time of between 40 and 45 minutes.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 1, 2014 18:06

I'd be happy if they were to be able to cough up an album of 10 or 11 tracks, the best ones they have in the can from the past 30 years to knock out a Tattoo You II-style album.

Posted by: kuenzer ()
Date: January 1, 2014 18:18

andrewt
Why? Is it already time for the next greatest hits collection?

Yes. About 27 times. Every concert in 2014. Every f..ine concert.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1462
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home