Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: RIP Ronnie Biggs
Posted by: seitan ()
Date: December 19, 2013 23:46

Let's put this thing in perspective.

I believe in rehabilitation. I'm against death penalty. I think it's possible in many cases to help society, by giving criminals therapy and education to make them function in society. We should remember that Ronnie Biggs was not permanently criminal and he did live a normal, useful life as a carpenter in Rio. He did live a long and productive life in in which he did contribute to himself and to his family and to society in Rio.

The great train robbery and prison escape is serious crime - but those are the only crimes he commited. He was a minor petty thief - who gained fame due to overblown sensational media reports.

Ronnie wasnt a hero and what he did was wrong - but we should pay more attention to mass murderers like Henry Kissinger and not worry about pathetic petty thiefs like Biggs - take Henry Kissinger for example - He is guilty of crimes against humanity and still walking free. Biggs was ordinary family man who worked as carpenter for most of his life. And nobody compared to likes of mass murderer Henry Kissinger.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-20 00:21 by seitan.

Date: December 20, 2013 00:05

Date: December 20, 2013 00:14

Buster is a 1988 British comedy-drama crime film about the Great Train Robbery (1963). It stars musician Phil Collins in the main role.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 20, 2013 01:04

seitan; to most of the anti-Biggs brigade, it's his evasion of the law thst's the issue. I don't think too many villanise him for his tin-pot role in the robbery. It's more to do with his years of piss-taking and living it up in South America.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1265
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home