Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: Perth Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:19

TornAndFried
Grichka
boynamedsue69
mick will be criticised either way. show goes on he is insensitive, cancel the show(s)/tour and people will want him to pay for there monetary losses. either way he cannot win in such a terrible situation..

These people are the Rolling Stones. They have been for over 50 years. Either way anyone criticising their decision is just not worth mentionning.

If I had to guess, I would say the show will go on Rolling Stones style.

Rubbish. The Perth show will not go on as scheduled. Nobody wants that to happen under these circumstances. Jagger is reported to be on his way to New York. The Australian tour will be postponed. The promoters and Stones management are trying to figure out what to do at this point but the decision when they will play again is up to Mick.

Hey, you know better than me I guess. I'm just thinking that in several occasions, some worst than this, the show went on for the Stones. So I wouldnt be surprised the same happen this time again.
Of course it is the decision of Mick Jagger, who else!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 06:19 by Grichka.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:41

I suppose they know that a lot of people is flying to perth to see them. This silence from the band meAns that they Are still talking about that. The fact that they left the hotel can mean that they Are stayin' now in a more hidden place to not be disturbed by the media

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 18, 2014 06:59

andrea66
I suppose they know that a lot of people is flying to perth to see them. This silence from the band meAns that they Are still talking about that. The fact that they left the hotel can mean that they Are stayin' now in a more hidden place to not be disturbed by the media

Most likely they will cancel the shows in Perth and Adelaide, and reshuffle the remaining Australian dates, and perhaps reschedule Perth for the end of the tour. It seems very unlikely Mick would want to perform under these circumstances...and it would reflect badly on him if he did. On top of that the somber mood of the audience would dampen the energy of the concert. I think the reports are true and he has already left the country and is on his way to New York to attend her funeral and sort things out privately.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:02 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:04

Assuming that news reports are correct and that Mick is on his way to New York, there is virtually no way he can make it back in time for the Perth show to go on as scheduled. However, a one day delay is possible, if he is only going to spend the night in New York. The shortest flight time New York to Sydney is 21 hours or so. On the bright side, it's a loonng leg from LAX to SYD, which can allow you to get a lot of rest if you are in a first class suite on Singapore Air or Qantas if he flies commercial.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:32

Micks still in Perth.

1.30pm Perth 4.30pm EST

We need some news. Flights, hotels.

The longer it goes on the less likely it will go ahead as planned.

No news all day from promoters.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:39

I have a contrary view, I feel the longer there is no news the greater likelyhood the tour will continue as per schedule. At present their publicists are working on a statement.

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 07:48

Totally agree.

It would look really bad if first thing this morning they said, no worries, the show will go on.
Its going to be:

"...after a painful,long, carefully measured meeting, it was decided not to let the fans down, and the crew gets paid. etc, PR balls, etc "

The big jet would have them all on the way back to the Northern Hemisphere by now, it costs a lot to have thing sitting on the apron for days doing nothing. And insurance aint going pay up 10s of millions in tour compensation, just cos the singers ex GF decided that life without Mick wasn't worth living.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:51 by MockJigger.

Date: March 18, 2014 07:49

These are the Rolling Stones and the show will go on.
One can buy tickets on the web for the Adelaide and for Perth show right now.
They have played in worst circumstances.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 07:51 by Grichka.

Date: March 18, 2014 07:55

ROLLING Stones tour promoter Michael Gudinski is believed to be trying to establish new dates before announcing the cancellation of some or all of the current Australian tour, following the death of Mick Jagger’s New York girlfriend, L’Wren Scott.

The Perth show tomorrow night and the Adelaide show on Saturday seem almost certain to be cancelled, but whether the tour will resume in the Eastern States before looping back to Perth and Adelaide is uncertain.

Following the current Australian tour the band were set to perform a show in Auckland, New Zealand on April 5 before kicking off their European tour in The Netherlands on June 7.

However, there is still no official word on reports The Rolling Stones have cancelled their first Australian concert in Perth, after the death of Ms Scott.

A spokeswoman for Frontier Touring said this morning there was ``no information regarding the tour’’, which was scheduled to kick off at Perth Arena tomorrow night.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:00

another speculative BS story to fuel on line news pages. There's nothing in this at all.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()

An announcement EITHER WAY should be made if only to settle travel plans for peeps flying into Perth tomorrow. I know some.

Me, I can't believe that they COULD play but will happily turn up in both Perth and Adelaide if they do. If they don't, disappointed as I would be, I completely understand.

Deathgod
ROLLING Stones tour promoter Michael Gudinski is believed to be trying to establish new dates before announcing the cancellation of some or all of the current Australian tour, following the death of Mick Jagger’s New York girlfriend, L’Wren Scott.

The Perth show tomorrow night and the Adelaide show on Saturday seem almost certain to be cancelled, but whether the tour will resume in the Eastern States before looping back to Perth and Adelaide is uncertain.

Following the current Australian tour the band were set to perform a show in Auckland, New Zealand on April 5 before kicking off their European tour in The Netherlands on June 7.

However, there is still no official word on reports The Rolling Stones have cancelled their first Australian concert in Perth, after the death of Ms Scott.

A spokeswoman for Frontier Touring said this morning there was ``no information regarding the tour’’, which was scheduled to kick off at Perth Arena tomorrow night.

What is the source of this?
Why are they still selling tix for Perth and Adelaide?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:01 by Grichka.

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:01

[m.mydailynews.com.au]

Perth is off.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:03

All talk of cancelled shows has come from the media, no-one else. There will be an official announcement I feel early evening Perth time

Posted by: abbey712 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:04

Quite a few less well known news sites are reporting perth is off but those reports have dribbled in all day. Although I think it is highly likely this is true I won't believe anything until frontier post it themselves.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:04

schwonek
[m.mydailynews.com.au]

Perth is off.
This doesn't quote any source, we've had no official announcement from the band. I will be surprised if the gig does go ahead though.

Posted by: MockJigger ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:11

Mushroom records( hahahahahahahahah) getting in on the site-hits festival that only the rolling stones can provide for them.

Obviously, it will come from a proper channel, from the secret fall back position Mock Bunker, they have enough staff to stand in front of the cameras and tell the fans don't get on that plane tomorrow, cancel that hotel, keep your hard earned cash.
This news won't dribble out from some film-flam pathetic Australian joke outfit.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:18

Paulhanrahan
All talk of cancelled shows has come from the media, no-one else. There will be an official announcement I feel early evening Perth time

The show in Perth is officially cancelled.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 08:52 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:22

Frontier Touring
Frontier Touring and Concerts West regret to announce that The Rolling Stones concert in Perth will not be going ahead as scheduled for Wednesday 19 March 2014.

No further information is available at this time, ticket holders are asked to hold on to their tickets until a further update is available.

Ticket holders can check frontiertouring.com, twitter.com/frontiertouring or this Facebook page for updates.

Please note no further comment is available at this time.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:23

a channel 9 reporter reckons luggage has arrived at the Stones jet and it's (the jet) is being inspected?

Date: March 18, 2014 08:28

it's official Perth canned

-
Posted by: Santipab ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:32

-

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-26 19:00 by Santipab.

Date: March 18, 2014 08:41

Grichka
Deathgod

What is the source of this?
Why are they still selling tix for Perth and Adelaide?

Source :
[www.perthnow.com.au]

And now updated

Date: March 18, 2014 08:54

The show in Perth is officially cancelled for Wednesday. The Rolling Stones and Frontier Touring are holding off from making any further statements until they sort out whether or not they will be able to reschedule the Perth show until a later date. They may have to reschedule Adelaide as well and all of this re-shuffling requires an enormous amount of logistical coordination involving the venues, hotels, trucking, band and crew transportation, etc. They are working on it as we speak and will make an announcement as soon as new dates can be arranged. Mick will reportedly soon be on his way back to New York to attend L'Wren's funeral and be with family and friends, and away from the media in Australia.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:10 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 18, 2014 08:57

TornAndFried
The show in Perth is officially cancelled. The Rolling Stones and Frontier Touring are holding off from making any further statements until they sort out whether or not they will be able to reschedule the Perth show until a later date. They may have to reschedule Adelaide as well and all of this re-shuffling requires an enormous amount of logistical coordination involving the venues, hotels, trucking, band and crew transportation, etc. They are working on it as we speak and will make an announcement as soon as new dates can be arranged. Mick will reportedly soon be on his way back to New York to attend L'Wren's funeral and be with family and friends, and away from the media in Australia.

Is this a press release of some kind? Could you post a link? Thanks.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:01

Please see the IORR NEWS and the IORR Sticky Perth updates thread. The Perth show will not go on as scheduled. It is not cancelled, but it will not happen as scheduled. Shows have been rescheduled in the past, and it may happen again.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:04

I think that announcement turns down rumors, that the tour is off. If it was, they knew it by now and could announce it. They probably re-schedule a few dates to make space for Mick to spend time with family and friends and to attend the funeral. Am I wrong?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:12

They have rescheduled shows several times. The longer away and the harder it is to return the less chance there is to do a new date. It took them years to reschedule Bilbao, in fact a new ticket sale, but it took less than a week to reschedule Cardiff 1990. That was an infected finger by Keith only, this is very different of course. Please do respect the fact that this is a difficult time for Mick and his family.

Bjornulf

Date: March 18, 2014 09:14

drbryant
TornAndFried
The show in Perth is officially off for Wednesday. The Rolling Stones and Frontier Touring are holding off from making any further statements until they can sort out whether or not they will be able to reschedule the Perth show until a later date. They may have to reschedule Adelaide as well and all of this re-shuffling requires an enormous amount of logistical coordination involving the venues, hotels, trucking, band and crew transportation, etc. They are working on all this now and will make an announcement in the coming days as to if and when new dates can be arranged. In the meantime, Mick will reportedly soon be on his way back to New York to attend L'Wren's funeral and be with family and friends, and away from the media in Australia.

Is this a press release of some kind? Could you post a link? Thanks.

No. This info comes from a friend on the Rolling Stones crew. So, it is not "official."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-18 09:22 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: March 18, 2014 09:19

bv
They have rescheduled shows several times. The longer away and the harder it is to return the less chance there is to do a new date. It took them years to reschedule Bilbao, in fact a new ticket sale, but it took less than a week to reschedule Cardiff 1990. That was an infected finger by Keith only, this is very different of course. Please do respect the fact that this is a difficult time for Mick and his family.

I'm totally with you! What I'm trying to say is: When Mick wants to cancel the tour, he just does it. You don't have to consider pros and cons for that. So what I read from that announcement is, that there are no plans to cancel the whole tour.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home