Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GREAT photo on the main page- Thanks!
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 29, 2014 22:36

Just a nod to Mr. Vik for the awesome new photo on the main page. Love the expressions he caught on everyone's face. They are diggin' deep to pump out the jams! Nice work. peace

Re: GREAT photo on the main page- Thanks!
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: October 29, 2014 22:46

What song were they playing BV?

Date: October 29, 2014 22:50

Just saw it...Keith's face is hilarious!

Date: October 30, 2014 00:28

Trying to figure out what song that is with Ron on that acquarium guitar, and Keith on the Gibson LP Tv yellow; but w/o capo.

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:10

It would fit SFM , but hat was not played. That song should be played at every show.

Posted by: SharksWillCry ()
Date: October 30, 2014 04:58

At first glance I thought it might be during Worried About You. Then I saw the setlist and, sure enough, it was played. Case closed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2014 05:38

I had to edit the photo a bit because Mick taylor was a bit out of focus. This is the same shot but a bit more unedited. It is Satisfaction, great great version. Report coming:

Bjornulf

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 30, 2014 05:43

bv
I had to edit the photo a bit because Mick taylor was a bit out of focus. This is the same shot but a bit more unedited. It is Satisfaction, great great version. Report coming:

This is a great photo indeed. Actually, their expressions shows us why we need to see them live while we can. We can see they're doing their best onstage (as usual, BTW), and though everyone can complain about the setlists, there's one thing we can never complain: they're always doing the best onstage, trying to please their fans and everybody who's attending their concerts, regardless of what song they're playing. Thanks for the pic, BV. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 05:50 by Cristiano Radtke.

Date: October 30, 2014 05:50

So Mick Taylor was originally cropped out of the picture. cool smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 30, 2014 08:01

The edited version is perfect. As much as I love Mick Taylor, this photo is much better without him for alot of reasons; composition, color, the acoustic guitar, and the focus. Without him you have the four core members, all looking very into the moment.

Good art, worthy of a poster...it's one of the best shots of the present day Stones I've ever seen. And knowing they were playing one of their best and most popular tunes.....magic. peace

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: October 30, 2014 08:25

MT had his lawyers call to get him back in the photo.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:01

Definitely a great action shot. I think BV cropped out MT because of the microphone stand? Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:26

MT is not in focus in the raw pictue, and he is not in the main "frame", the image would not fit into the home page format, and it is a matter of editing. The more you have in an image the less you see of the center part.

I thought the interaction between Mick and Keith was the core thing here. You see it so clearly. How they work together. This is what have kept the band going for 52 years. The power of the band. Some times you have to crop to make an image work at its best. MT is the guest player. There are plenty of MT pictures on IORR, and I might publish a dozen more great MT pictues from Perth #1 if needed.

Bjornulf

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:46

bv
I might publish a dozen more great MT pictues from Perth #1 if needed.
Please do!

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 30, 2014 09:58

I understand why you edited this amazing photo without Mick Taylor, but I like the version with him as well because he has the same expression and is watching in the same direction as others. Really great shot, thanks! Bravo!!!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:40

In the Perth thread - without seeing Taylor on acoustic - I guessed that they were playing Satisfaction.

Where do I get my beer?

C

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 30, 2014 11:28

That's what I want the Stones to look like when they're playing.

It saddens me to see Taylor on acoustic guitar on Satisfaction though. He should do the lead electric guitar like in '69. But that's another story...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 30, 2014 12:38

SharksWillCry
So Mick Taylor was originally cropped out of the picture. cool smiley

...Yeah! Plus: where's Bill Wyman ?! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 30, 2014 22:48

Indeed, a brilliant photo!

- Doxa

Date: October 31, 2014 05:53

RoughJusticeOnYa
...Yeah! Plus: where's Bill Wyman ?!

Exactly! Thanks.winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1917
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home