Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who Says Stones Music is Hard to Dance to??
Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: December 3, 2013 23:46

These people are doing a pretty good job. Pretty funny too.

Re: Who Says Stones Music is Hard to Dance to??
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 3, 2013 23:48

I didn't................

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: December 3, 2013 23:50

I think you meant The Who. Cute video, though.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: December 3, 2013 23:54

I don't know, but whoever it was, is a complete arse!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: December 4, 2013 00:28

It's only hard to dance to when you're drunk, like the lady standing to my left who kept bumping into me throughout the show I saw this year.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2013 00:32

With the possible exception of tsmr, stones music IS dance music

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: December 4, 2013 00:37

Who DOES say this? confused smiley Not anybody I ever heard . . .

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 4, 2013 00:50

flilflam
Who Says Stones Music is Hard to Dance to??

Pretty much nobody on the planet who isnt confined to a wheelchair, I would imagine.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 4, 2013 01:01

treaclefingers

What is defined as "Dance Music" raises many questions. For examples, I consider KC & The Sunshine Band contributions or even Teddy Pendergrass's "Get Up Get Down Get Funky" examples of true dance music.

I don't think it really matters what music is considered as long as the listener is happily engaged. Yet another example, everytime, during the final moments of a date, while on the couch watching FOX News or ESPN, if I played any Marvin Gaye music (e.g. Let's Get it On), resulted in a romantic episode & pleasurable explosion.

I think the Stones' music are a "one man's journey" or interpreted as seen fit. It is unclear to me to classify the Stones as "Dance Music" I guess the decision rides on the shoulder of the participant. For me, they are uplifting, pound fisting music or a mind interwinding experience, which brings introspective thoughts what ever they may be at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 01:03 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 4, 2013 01:35

I can't dance

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 4, 2013 02:15

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers

What is defined as "Dance Music" raises many questions. For examples, I consider KC & The Sunshine Band contributions or even Teddy Pendergrass's "Get Up Get Down Get Funky" examples of true dance music.

I don't think it really matters what music is considered as long as the listener is happily engaged. Yet another example, everytime, during the final moments of a date, while on the couch watching FOX News or ESPN, if I played any Marvin Gaye music (e.g. Let's Get it On), resulted in a romantic episode & pleasurable explosion.

I think the Stones' music are a "one man's journey" or interpreted as seen fit. It is unclear to me to classify the Stones as "Dance Music" I guess the decision rides on the shoulder of the participant. For me, they are uplifting, pound fisting music or a mind interwinding experience, which brings introspective thoughts what ever they may be at the moment.

Seems pretty simple to me--

Q. Can you dance to it?

A. Hell yeah!

grinning smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2013 02:22

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers

I think the Stones' music are a "one man's journey" or interpreted as seen fit. It is unclear to me to classify the Stones as "Dance Music"

Not to worry, the rest of us have already classified it as Dance Music, as in you can dance to it quite easily.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 4, 2013 02:36

It is hard NOT to dance to a coookin Stones song..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-04 02:52 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 4, 2013 02:45

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers

I think the Stones' music are a "one man's journey" or interpreted as seen fit. It is unclear to me to classify the Stones as "Dance Music"

Not to worry, the rest of us have already classified it as Dance Music, as in you can dance to it quite easily.

With all respect, I'm not sure who all have classified this music as "dancing music." I can see a Stones'fan walking and jumping around and about listening to Rocks Off, for example. To categorize Stones music as "dance music" itself seems counterintuitive. I'm not saying their music is undanceable, I'm only saying their music is great and not necessarily meant for "Dancing With the Stars."

Date: December 4, 2013 03:02

Seems to me you're over-thinking this, Chris. Can you dance to Stones music? Yes, you can, in most cases. That's all there is to it. That's not suggesting it's only fit for dancing to. You can walk or scuba-dive to Stones music, but that doesn't make it walking or diving music, either. The point is just that it's not difficult to dance to!

Date: December 4, 2013 03:16

Aquamarine
Seems to me you're over-thinking this, Chris. Can you dance to Stones music? Yes, you can, in most cases. That's all there is to it. That's not suggesting it's only fit for dancing to. You can walk or scuba-dive to Stones music, but that doesn't make it walking or diving music, either. The point is just that it's not difficult to dance to!

Another example - let's use another group. Is Dancing in the Dark, a good song, danceable? No. Neither is Bobby Jean.

If a song can't make the Soul Train (TV -D.Cornelious) line dance then it cannot be considered. Of course that is a silly comparison, however, I'm talking Joe Tex here LOL

Date: December 4, 2013 03:27

Chris Fountain

Another example - let's use another group. Is Dancing in the Dark, a good song, danceable? No. Neither is Bobby Jean.

If a song can't make the Soul Train (TV -D.Cornelious) line dance then it cannot be considered. Of course that is a silly comparison, however, I'm talking Joe Tex here LOL

Springsteen invites someone onstage to dance with him every time he sings Dancing in the Dark. You can dance to Bobby Jean, too. People have different styles of dancing, for heaven's sake. Not all songs by a band have a beat that most people want to dance to, either. But can you dance to Brown Sugar? You should have seen us!! Honky Tonk Women?? Of course! Little Red Rooster? Amazing slow-dancer!

I find this whole topic bewildering, to be honest. It seems like arguing for the sake of arguing. So I'll stop.

Date: December 4, 2013 03:43

Yeah let's drop the subject - Syracuse kickin some Indiana butt!!!!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 4, 2013 03:54

Rolling Hansie
I can't dance

Yes you can Hansie, everyone can dance...and yes, you certainly can dance to Stones music. Just watch me in my kitchen sometime.smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: December 4, 2013 04:15

Just admit it!

Date: December 4, 2013 04:32

MileHigh
Just admit it!

It's sad to see a virgin at such age.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 4, 2013 10:58

latebloomer
Just watch me in my kitchen sometime

Ha, would that be a nice contribution to the "funny video" section ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 4, 2013 13:32

Jagger once said that "we are just making noise, but I'm glad if you call it music". I would say "I'm just moving my body, but I'm glad if you call it dancing".

The thing is the Stones music is very physical, it makes you move literally. It's all that talk about "groove", "swing" the band is famous for. It affects your body, you can feel it. That's why I don't like having seats in Stones concerts. If the moving according to the beat is called "dance", well, that is just a categorical thing.

I recall reading one particular feature in the early Richmond gigs they did, after starting to gather people to Crawdaddy, was that the audience invented a certain own dance of theirs. The music simply make them do that.

- Doxa

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: December 5, 2013 01:15

"It is hard NOT to dance to a coookin Stones song..."

Correct, Max!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: December 5, 2013 05:35

The Rolling Stones are for old people. I don't wanna dance to them. Next!!!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 5, 2013 16:55

Good music isn't meant to dance to but to listen and to feel to.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:05

kleermaker

To really feel something often involves your whole body. That's what makes people dance; they feel the music. Kleermaker, if you always stay still when you listen to music, your missing out. smiling smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:40

Brown Sugar is my dance song of years gone by as a youngster. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 5, 2013 18:54

latebloomer
kleermaker

To really feel something often involves your whole body. That's what makes people dance; they feel the music. Kleermaker, if you always stay still when you listen to music, your missing out. smiling smiley

From the outside I'm like a statue, but inside things are tumbling like dices. Of course I'm showing a poker face.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 5, 2013 19:08

Stones Music is very easy to dance to.I Remember spending a couple of summerdays in Paris and one disco there had a 45 min version of 'Satisfaction'....very satisfying to dance to....

2 1 2 0

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1856
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home