Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Would Brian Jones like the Tongue and Lips logo??
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 17, 2013 22:47

latebloomer
NICOS
Max'sKansasCity
Id be willing to bet that the same folks here who hated and ranted about the gorilla would also hate the now famous Stones Tongue if it was introduced today. I for one liked (and chuckled at) the Gorilla upon first view, and of course I think the tongue is a great trademark, and I would like it if it came out today.

So another question would be....

Would old Stones fans like the Tongue and Lips logo if it was introduced today??

The coolest logo ever.....but introducing it Stones Logo in 2013 it would be stupid ...who at the age of 50+ stick his tongue out? (what did I write!!!)

Me. tongue sticking out smiley

Do we have a date.............grinning smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 18, 2013 02:06

I don't think Brian would have liked it. He already didn't like Keith and Mick, and the tongue is Mick on steroids. The farther away the group got from his influence the less he liked it.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: November 18, 2013 02:15

GAYEST THREAD EVER.
AND THATS AN ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 18, 2013 02:20

Gayest?

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 18, 2013 03:37

NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS
Max'sKansasCity
Id be willing to bet that the same folks here who hated and ranted about the gorilla would also hate the now famous Stones Tongue if it was introduced today. I for one liked (and chuckled at) the Gorilla upon first view, and of course I think the tongue is a great trademark, and I would like it if it came out today.

Would old Stones fans like the Tongue and Lips logo if it was introduced today??

The coolest logo ever.....but introducing it Stones Logo in 2013 it would be stupid ...who at the age of 50+ stick his tongue out? (what did I write!!!)

NICOS...I was just being juvenile. eye popping smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2013 04:38

Rockman
the coolest band logo ever.....Yep that's it in five words

Could actually be the most iconic logo in entertainment ever.

Brian would have hated it because it was mick-centric.

Date: November 18, 2013 04:39

latebloomer
NICOS
latebloomer
NICOS
Max'sKansasCity

NICOS...I was just being juvenile. eye popping smiley

NICOS is just trying to get virtually lucky.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 18, 2013 04:52

24FPS
I don't think Brian would have liked it. He already didn't like Keith and Mick, and the tongue is Mick on steroids. The farther away the group got from his influence the less he liked it.

Not necessarily. The antipathy was between Keith and Brian, not Mick and Brian. In fact, Mick was the last of The Stones to have actually paid him a social call, which he did at Cotchford Farm one evening when he brought Marianne over for dinner. Brian was delighted to have them over. Unfortunately, Mick's culinary taste had been recently conditioned by more aristocratic standards and he deeply offended Brian by objecting to the food that he had prepared. Instead, Mick and Marianne departed to eat out at a restaurant.

Musically, the material that Mick and Keith were coming up with was not always beyond Brian's sphere of interest. He was said to have absolutely loved Honky Tonk Women and even played it for his parents when they visited Cotchford Farm that spring (more likely the early first version, Country Honk).

Date: November 18, 2013 05:12

stonehearted

Not necessarily. The antipathy was between Keith and Brian, not Mick and Brian. In fact, Mick was the last of The Stones to have actually paid him a social call, which he did at Cotchford Farm one evening when he brought Marianne over for dinner. Brian was delighted to have them over. Unfortunately, Mick's culinary taste had been recently conditioned by more aristocratic standards and he deeply offended Brian by objecting to the food that he had prepared. Instead, Mick and Marianne departed to eat out at a restaurant.

This story is most likely bollocks.

Date: November 18, 2013 05:20

^ I remember reading it from the Mandy Aftel book, so who knows?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: November 18, 2013 07:47

I think it was in Marianne's book, too. Though I find it hard to imagine Brian doing the cooking.

Date: November 18, 2013 07:54

^ It may actually have been prepared by Brian's girlfriend, which at that time would have been Suki Potier, if I'm not mistaken.

Date: November 18, 2013 08:24

Wasn't his girlfriend at the time Anna Wohlin (sp)? I could look up the episode in Marianne's book, I guess, if I had the energy right now!

Date: November 18, 2013 09:11

Rony Sanchez and Mariannes books?

Date: November 18, 2013 09:19

Aquamarine
Wasn't his girlfriend at the time Anna Wohlin (sp)? I could look up the episode in Marianne's book, I guess, if I had the energy right now!

Suki moved in with Brian to Cotchford Farm and they remained a couple until early 1969, which, I believe, is when the dinner fiasco with Mick Jagger occurred.

Date: November 18, 2013 09:21

His Majesty

Rony Sanchez?grinning smiley No, I don't recall reading it from Rony's book. I first read of the Mick Jagger visit in Mandy Aftel's book. I don't believe Rony provided very many details of Brian's life during his months at Cotchford, other than crashing bikes and cars and the like, but that's Rony for you.smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-18 09:24 by stonehearted.

Date: November 18, 2013 09:37

Hehe auto correct in action. grinning smiley Why it chose R instead of T I do now know.

Checked Aftel book, nothing about Mick and Marianne visiting Brian at Cotchford in there, only about Mick visiting with Keith when the split happened.

Date: November 18, 2013 09:40

Hmmm, seems my memory auto correct is coming up with typos as well.smiling smiley

Maybe it was Marianne's book then, certainly one of these books. I know I read it in a Stones-related book, quite a number of years ago.

Date: November 18, 2013 10:04

Ah, here's the story from pages 169-170 of Marianne's book. However, she has the story as having taken place at Redlands, where Brian was with Tom Keylock. Marianne writes that "as 1969 plunged on" she became "increasingly worried about Brian". So she threw the I Ching with Mick, and they got "Death by water" and got the same thing when Marianne threw the coins a second time.

Marianne suggested they phone Brian to see if he was alright, so Mick rung him up. Brian was delighted to hear from Mick and invited them down for dinner: "Oh, Mick, how lovely, please come down and have dinner with us."

According to Marianne:

"We got down to Redlands and there was Brian with Suki Poitier.... They'd cooked dinner, but Mick was fussy about his food and drink. Everything has to be perfect. A Leo and a star! So we walked in and without warning Mick had one of those terrible mood changes that he had on occasion, and he turned to me and said, 'I can't east this shit. We'll have to go out.' So after coming down on a friendly visit in care and concern, we ended up mortally offending Brian."

Marianne writes that she thought of inviting Brian and Suki out with them, but suggests that he may have been too ill or paranoid to join them.

"So Mick and I went out, if you can believe it, and had a perfectly dreadful meal where we hardly spoke. When we got back to the house, Brian was in a rage. The insult had burned him like acid. It was awful. Mick and Brian ended up in a fistfight.... There was Mick in perfect physical condition and Brian, who usually could barely move. But swelled by rage he became quite agile. Until in the midst of battle Brian fell into the moat. That ended it.

"I thought, 'Death by water must be a symbolic message. What a relief!'

"Two weeks later I got a call from Tom Keylock. Brian had drowned in his pool at Cotchford Farm. He had quietly slipped away."

So, according to Marianne, this took place after Mick and Keith--and Charlie--had showed up at his house on June 8 to formally sack him.

Date: November 18, 2013 16:20

aye, what a load of nonsense.

Date: November 18, 2013 21:04

B-B-B-B-B-B-But Marianne was there. You mean she was just writing fiction?

Date: November 18, 2013 22:56

That story sounds even more unlikely out of context than it did in the book. confused smiley

Date: November 18, 2013 23:09

His Majesty

who the feck is Rony Sanchez?

Date: November 19, 2013 01:08

treaclefingers
His Majesty

who the feck is Rony Sanchez?

grinning smiley

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: November 19, 2013 02:32

Inane question....

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 19, 2013 03:45

Brian had a moat?

Date: November 19, 2013 03:49

^ You didn't read the post.confused smiley

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 20, 2013 08:40

His Majesty
Hehe auto correct in action. grinning smiley Why it chose R instead of T I do now know.

Checked Aftel book, nothing about Mick and Marianne visiting Brian at Cotchford in there, only about Mick visiting with Keith when the split happened.

Thought it was unusual spelling for Ronnie I'd never seen, possibly a Euro thing! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-20 09:20 by owlbynite.

Date: November 20, 2013 09:24

BroomWagon
What is an interesting question but it has too many IFs,

In short, IF Brian Jones had stayed in the Rolling Stones, they probably would have still eventually gotten their own label like some of the other groups, so perhaps would that have effected what became Rolling Stones records??

Yes, too many IFs & who can second-guess which way Brian would go. drinking smiley

Date: November 20, 2013 09:29

stonehearted
Ah, here's the story from pages 169-170 of Marianne's book. However, she has the story as having taken place at Redlands, where Brian was with Tom Keylock. Marianne writes that "as 1969 plunged on" she became "increasingly worried about Brian". So she threw the I Ching with Mick, and they got "Death by water" and got the same thing when Marianne threw the coins a second time.

Marianne suggested they phone Brian to see if he was alright, so Mick rung him up. Brian was delighted to hear from Mick and invited them down for dinner: "Oh, Mick, how lovely, please come down and have dinner with us."

According to Marianne:

"We got down to Redlands and there was Brian with Suki Poitier.... They'd cooked dinner, but Mick was fussy about his food and drink. Everything has to be perfect. A Leo and a star! So we walked in and without warning Mick had one of those terrible mood changes that he had on occasion, and he turned to me and said, 'I can't east this shit. We'll have to go out.' So after coming down on a friendly visit in care and concern, we ended up mortally offending Brian."

Marianne writes that she thought of inviting Brian and Suki out with them, but suggests that he may have been too ill or paranoid to join them.

"So Mick and I went out, if you can believe it, and had a perfectly dreadful meal where we hardly spoke. When we got back to the house, Brian was in a rage. The insult had burned him like acid. It was awful. Mick and Brian ended up in a fistfight.... There was Mick in perfect physical condition and Brian, who usually could barely move. But swelled by rage he became quite agile. Until in the midst of battle Brian fell into the moat. That ended it.

"I thought, 'Death by water must be a symbolic message. What a relief!'

"Two weeks later I got a call from Tom Keylock. Brian had drowned in his pool at Cotchford Farm. He had quietly slipped away."

So, according to Marianne, this took place after Mick and Keith--and Charlie--had showed up at his house on June 8 to formally sack him.

If so, Mick was an extremely ungracious dinner guest. Doesn't he know even if you don't like what your hosts prepared, you drink more, eat a little, thank them & leave? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1863
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home