Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chuck Leavell interview - November 15
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 17, 2013 20:42

Mel Belli
KeithNacho
Maybe people think that he is responsible of the lack of attitude and wildnesss in RS music during last decades. He has turned sloppy R&R group in a smart music comercial machine. Where is the guitar driven sound that ruled RS music since 1968 to 1982????

It's absolutely insane to believe Chuck is responsible for that.

Well get the 1981 St Louis Sb tape where Chuck sat in. He changed the sound of the band that night... for the worse of course.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2013 01:25

triceratops
Any idiot can raise pine trees. I'm tired of reading about them. I have a few fruit trees and they are lot more trickier

They should indeed be interviewing you instead of Chuck.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 18, 2013 01:29

milio77
I understand that point but seriously... ¿Do we really think that happened against the band's will?

On the other hand, I have no problems with their actual sound. After all, I don't think the "Vegas era" (as many call these last two decades) diverts than much from the golden years. Background singers? Lot of keyboards? Horn section? That's what you find in "Exile on Main St." also.

But to each his own. Everyone's free not to like Chuck and express so of course. But him being musical director and all, I don't think he's got the last word about the course the band takes. Or at least I don't picture him overtaking Mick and/or Keith.

You know, I have to agree with you here...for all the bashing he's taking, we all seemed to really like the shows despite that are clamouring to get Hyde Park and hope for Glastonbury etc.

If it was all that bad, I thing we might all be a little less excited about things.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 18, 2013 04:44

treaclefingers
triceratops
Any idiot can raise pine trees. I'm tired of reading about them. I have a few fruit trees and they are lot more trickier

They should indeed be interviewing you instead of Chuck.

This would be mango trees and lychee and others

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 18, 2013 04:45

dcba
"A lot of that goes back to my relationship with Ian Stewart"

Damn I was expecting that one... smoking smiley

One of Chucks hardy perennials

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:20

crumbling_mice
THoroughly nice bloke is our Chuck, and his work with the Allmans is beautiful. Unfortunatly I don't like his work with the Stones, it doesn't gel, a classic example is his intro on Sympathy - just awful and gives the song whole different feel. I have no doubt he is an extraordinarily talented musical arranger but give me the old Hopkins/Mac/Stu approach any day. As others have mentioned, he needs lowering in the mix and let the guitars do what they do. We are stuck with him as the band seem to like him and so be it.

well put. he is clearly around because he helps everyone feel comfortable, not because he makes the band sound better.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: November 20, 2013 01:41

crholmstrom
stonehearted
During the show I saw this year (Boston 2), there was a moment ...<snip>
At the end of the solo, he lifted his right leg and dropped the bottom of his shoe on the high end of the keyboard for the final note, displaying that trademark grin as he did so.

I thought, 'Oh, there are some people on IORR who would just be completely beside themselves if they saw that.'

If you'll pardon the pun, the thought did give me a bit of a chuckle.
He does that every time he plays Honky Tonk Women. Tired.

I was just going to say: It's not unusual... winking smiley

Posted by: RockinJive ()
Date: November 20, 2013 03:56

Love the guy. Class act.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: November 20, 2013 05:13

RockinJive
Love the guy. Class act.

which has nothing to do with the rolling stones :-)

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home