Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT--Lady Gaga on Saturday Night Live 11/16/13
Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 16, 2013 07:05

For any 'Ga fans out there, she's on new episode of SNL Nov. 16. winking smiley

Re: OT--Lady Gaga on Saturday Night Live 11/16/13
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: November 16, 2013 09:55

Gaga is always interesting in the very least.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: November 16, 2013 10:28

crholmstrom
Gaga is always interesting in the very least.

In the promos, she's in some wild outfits as usual! cool smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 16, 2013 22:24

Interesting how doubling up on the guest and music act is now very common for SNL, I wonder if it saves them money?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 17, 2013 06:40

Max'sKansasCity
Interesting how doubling up on the guest and music act is now very common for SNL, I wonder if it saves them money?

maybe, but I don't think they pay their hosts/guests a lot of money. It's an extremely prestigious and high profile gig to be on SNL.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 17, 2013 07:57

So how'd she do?

Date: November 17, 2013 08:01

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

maybe, but I don't think they pay their hosts/guests a lot of money. It's an extremely prestigious and high profile gig to be on SNL.

hmmmm.... Does "prestigious" need to be preceeded by the word "extremely" ? Isnt being prestigious enough on its own or does something have to be extremely prestigious in order to attract the kind of people who they want?

but anyway.....

I am still waiting for SNL to be as funny as the audience seems to think it is every week. Has anyone here ever been to see a SNL show? Do they have a lot of applesauce lights screaming LAUGH NOW!!! LAUGH NOW!!! LAUGH LOUDER HERE!!! WE MEAN IT!!! LAUGH!!!

I may have chuckled a couple of times and even guffawed a time or two... like the the Mayor thing was kind of funny... and ummmm... well it was pretty funny when gaga kept bashing her Hawaiian guitar player in the face with her butterfly wings, (or whatever the heck those gitups were) it looked like they they thought it was funny too.

But over all... well... maybe next week. There is always hope.

Date: November 17, 2013 08:19

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity

hmmmm.... Does "prestigious" need to be preceeded by the word "extremely" ? Isnt being prestigious enough on its own or does something have to be extremely prestigious in order to attract the kind of people who they want?

but anyway.....

I've just checked...you can use the word extremely before prestigious.

carry on.

Date: November 17, 2013 08:31

treaclefingers

carry on.

Well, I suppose so, but it seems extremely extremist to do so.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-17 08:32 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 17, 2013 10:50

RollingFreak
So how'd she do?
The skits were so-so. The music, while not exactly my cup of tea, was pretty good. Clearly the Lady is very talented. I tend to admire the artists in that genre who actually write their own stuff. She can play too.

Date: November 17, 2013 11:00

crholmstrom
RollingFreak
So how'd she do?
The skits were so-so. The music, while not exactly my cup of tea, was pretty good. Clearly the Lady is very talented. I tend to admire the artists in that genre who actually write their own stuff. She can play too.
Sounds reasonable. I feel the show has actually be very good this season surprisingly. Really strong episodes with Kerry Washington, Edward Norton and Miley Cyrus recently.

And yeah, Lady Gaga has talent. I'm not a fan just because she annoys me beyond belief when she speaks and her music is not my taste, but she has talent. Her song Edge Of Glory that she did on Howard Stern was excellent, and her piano playing and voice were amazing, but then on the album she ruins it (IMO of course) by adding all these effects and making it dance-y. She works best when she's just doing the songs solo. Her newest song Dope is very similar to that solo Edge Of Glory performance and I'm seeing now she didn't play that tonight which is disappointing. Again, another song where her voice is really song and luckily the album version is a little closer to the solo piano version.

Of the new pop stars, she's one of the ones I hate the most, yet oddly enough she's probably the one with the most talent. I don't need her to be shocking or be weird or be dance-y. Underneath everything, she has some really good songs and I'm not afraid to admit that just because I don't particularly like her.

Date: November 17, 2013 11:05

the episodes this year have been better then the last few years

Date: November 17, 2013 11:22

keefriffhard4life
They needed some new blood. I'm forgetting her name but the woman who left when Jagger hosted, just irritated me. She had some funny stuff but a lot of recurring skits that were funny about 30 seconds the first time & then just boring. The new kids haven't had the chance to develop the fall back ones yet & its a good thing.This week's opening with Bobby Moynihan as the mayor of Toronto was very funny.

Date: November 17, 2013 11:53

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
They needed some new blood. I'm forgetting her name but the woman who left when Jagger hosted, just irritated me. She had some funny stuff but a lot of recurring skits that were funny about 30 seconds the first time & then just boring. The new kids haven't had the chance to develop the fall back ones yet & its a good thing.This week's opening with Bobby Moynihan as the mayor of Toronto was very funny.
Kristin Wiig. She was a godsend when she first got to the show. Like, its hard to think back to that now, but she WAS one of the best cast members that they had had in years during her first like 3 seasons. Every single thing she did was hilarious. Problem was, as is SNL's frequent problem, they used her in everything and completely wore her out. After maybe 4 seasons she just plain wasn't funny anymore and annoying as @#$%&. But it shouldn't be forgotten how incredible she was during her initial years there.

The new people have worked much better than I thought. I hated Venessa Bayer last year and now I love her. She's maybe my favorite. McKinnon and Cecily Strong are very good. I don't love them as much as the rest of the world does, but they are solid. The guys are growing into their own. Taran Killam is my favorite cast member in awhile. He is the new Kristin Wiig where he can just do anything. I love Jay Pharaoh but they seem to have no idea how to use him. I was skeptical about this cast but they are growing fast to be a great ensemble. Its the first time maybe since the late 90s where they've had a really big overall. All the big stars have left so this is very much a new cast and they are doing very well IMO.

Date: November 17, 2013 12:45

i really miss the late 90's with will ferrell, chris katan, ana gasteyer, cheri oteri,molly shannon, jim breuer, rachel dratch, jimmy fallon, darrell hammond, norm macdonald, mark mckinney, tim meadows, tracy morgan, chris parnell, colin quinn and horatio sanz. god you just knew it was going to be funny every episode.

just think once seth meyers leaves during this season only 2 cast members have been on the show prior to 2010.

Date: November 17, 2013 12:50

On the Gaga front, check out this cover of her work:

Posted by: max56 ()
Date: November 17, 2013 13:12

who cares

Date: November 17, 2013 16:22

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

Oh, I think I get it...it's like if someone called these serious of posts very annoying.

They needn't include the word 'very' because that might be considered superfluous.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: November 17, 2013 16:44

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

Oh, I think I get it...it's like if someone called these serious of posts very annoying.

They needn't include the word 'very' because that might be considered superfluous.

It seems lately that you're deeming any post questionable. No offense, but shouldn't this be a forum of fun and mutual respect? I agree sometimes discusions veer away from the purpose of this website, however, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I could easily say you're being a grammar coach just as you accused me of being "Political." You can't have it both ways - Life is a doubled edged sword.

Very Respectfully - Chris

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-17 17:03 by Chris Fountain.

Date: November 17, 2013 17:17

Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

It seems lately that you're deeming any post questionable. No offense, but shouldn't this be a forum of fun and mutual respect? I agree sometimes discusions veer away from the purpose of this website, however, that doesn't necessarily mean that it is wrong. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I could easily say you're being a grammar coach just as you accused me of being "Political." You can't have it both ways - Life is a doubled edged sword.

No problem Chris...if you look at the posts above though, you may notice that I was being corrected for grammar, not the other way around.

I was just having fun with that.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: November 17, 2013 18:50

I wonder if LG not play with the stones in Newark NJ , would she get as much attention?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 17, 2013 19:09

yes she would. She's changed the landscape of pop along with Adele and Amy.. And she has talent...classically trained musician. A lot of schmaltz sometimes, but underneath can write a good pop song...OK in doses.

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

[www.dailymotion.com]

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: November 17, 2013 19:30

She's a very talented artist, that's for sure. She has released a lot of crap, but my admiration for her keeps growing, specially for her live appearances. She seems to be a true hard working woman, and a nice person. She will continue to endure the test of time.

Date: November 17, 2013 20:42

treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

No problem Chris...if you look at the posts above though, you may notice that I was being corrected for grammar, not the other way around.

If any one might think I was being serious here, one would be extremely incorrect, I was extremely kidding, come on.

Date: November 17, 2013 20:47

Which brings up the question should one ever put extremely before incorrect? Either one is correct, or incorrect, can one be extre... ah never mind.

Date: November 17, 2013 20:49

tongue sticking out smiley

Date: November 17, 2013 21:16

Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

If any one might think I was being serious here, one would be extremely incorrect, I was extremely kidding, come on.

As was I Max!

Chris kind of went political in the Toronto mayor thread so I brought that to his attention. I'd thought we were past that but me thinks perhaps not!

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: November 17, 2013 21:16

Here in the States she's kind of looked at as a train wreck right now, acting weirder than ever, and her music isn't clicking with audiences like before. Her record company is laying off a bunch of employees because her new album isn't selling near enough to cover the promo expenses.

Date: November 17, 2013 21:26

treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers
Chris Fountain
treaclefingers
Max'sKansasCity
treaclefingers

carry on.

As was I Max!

Chris kind of went political in the Toronto mayor thread so I brought that to his attention. I'd thought we were past that but me thinks perhaps not!

OK!!! THATS IT!!! until everyone starts not unmisbehaving not extremely unextreme we are forced to go full extreme, so here is the stream of extreme, which oddly enough is not extreme at all...

and just know, this extremely hurts me more than it does extreme

Date: November 17, 2013 21:27

So... gaga was on SNL last night

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1665
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home