Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: I just come from the cinema (sweet summer)
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 5, 2013 16:05

last night GEODE Paris. The director is not the best one sad smiley The sound was just a bit weak. But a good memory of july 6th show I attended.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 5, 2013 17:18

It seems H.Park is more succesfull than their other films.At least in Germany the cinema was well-attended. Much better than Shine a light or even the Some girls or 72 stuff.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 5, 2013 18:26

greenriver
BluzDude
France is in Europe? Wow! When I visited the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower, I thought I just made a left turn in Albuquerquegrinning smiley

It's just because of the Macdonald's, you always have the idea to be at home, near your best and favorite restaurant., but nobody is perfect.

in 1988 I went into a Micki D's in Zurich and ordered a Big Mac, fries & a coke. It cost over $8. (currency converted), about 2 1/2 times the cost in the States in those days ... plus they also charged Xtra for the Ketchup and no refills on the soda! eye rolling smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 18:31

That sounded like a bargain at the time, compared to norwegian prices, BluzDude...

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 5, 2013 18:36

Speaking of France, never met such rude people in my life, oh my god.... Would never go back and don't think the French would mind one bit.

Date: November 5, 2013 18:38

By that you think all frenchies are rude?

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: November 5, 2013 19:01

This thread needs to get back on track. How about more impressions of the movie, for those of use who couldn't make it?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 5, 2013 19:08

DandelionPowderman

Well to be honest, all Frenchies are rude.

Mathijs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-05 19:10 by Mathijs.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 5, 2013 19:14

BluzDude
greenriver
BluzDude
France is in Europe? Wow! When I visited the Louvre and the Eiffel Tower, I thought I just made a left turn in Albuquerquegrinning smiley

It's just because of the Macdonald's, you always have the idea to be at home, near your best and favorite restaurant., but nobody is perfect.

in 1988 I went into a Micki D's in Zurich and ordered a Big Mac, fries & a coke. It cost over $8. (currency converted), about 2 1/2 times the cost in the States in those days ... plus they also charged Xtra for the Ketchup and no refills on the soda! eye rolling smiley

BluzDude, I'm disappointed in you...what in the world were you doing eating at a Macdonald's in Zurich? When in Zurich, do as the Zurchians (?) do...

Date: November 5, 2013 19:24

latebloomer
BluzDude
greenriver
BluzDude

BluzDude, I'm disappointed in you...what in the world were you doing eating at a Macdonald's in Zurich? When in Zurich, do as the Zurchians (?) do...

...we had fondue the night before...winking smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 19:29

DandelionPowderman
That sounded like a bargain at the time, compared to norwegian prices, BluzDude...

Well, I haven't been to Norway since 1983, but what I remember was the high prices of Burger King....but if there was a McDonalds nearby, then the prices were lower (good old western competition)...noticed it in Sweden too.

Sorry, sorry.....I won't contribute to the hijacking of this thread any more.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 5, 2013 19:44

I met a German girl in England, who was going to school in France, then we danced the Mississippi at an Alpha Cappa dance... oh wait... that wasn't me.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: November 5, 2013 20:20

BluzDude
greenriver
BluzDude

Zurich is still expensive as hell. When going to see The Who in Dublin I used Zurich as a connection flight base in order to keep cost low. To Ireland I used Manchester. Weeks later I flew to see the Stones in HP and used Bucharest and Budapest for the same purpose. ate tons on McDonalds and when the credit card bill arrived I was stunned to see that the Zurich charge was over twice than any other McDonalds charge elswhere in Europe.

Date: November 5, 2013 22:02

BluzDude
DandelionPowderman

Well, I haven't been to Norway since 1983, but what I remember was the high prices of Burger King....but if there was a McDonalds nearby, then the prices were lower (good old western competition)...noticed it in Sweden too.

Sorry, sorry.....I won't contribute to the hijacking of this thread any more.

Ha ha, McDonald's opened in Norway the very same year you were there smiling smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 22:04

Wroclaw
BluzDude
greenriver
BluzDude

Zurich is still expensive as hell. When going to see The Who in Dublin I used Zurich as a connection flight base in order to keep cost low. To Ireland I used Manchester. Weeks later I flew to see the Stones in HP and used Bucharest and Budapest for the same purpose. ate tons on McDonalds and when the credit card bill arrived I was stunned to see that the Zurich charge was over twice than any other McDonalds charge elswhere in Europe.

That's why companies stash away their money on swiss bank accounts, and not so much in Hungary smiling smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 22:08

Mathijs
DandelionPowderman

Well to be honest, all Frenchies are rude.

Mathijs

Funny. I thought the word "gentle" stemmed from french...

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: November 5, 2013 22:37

virgil
Shezeboss
The room was full in west of France (France is in Europe.. for Americans),

Thanks for the Heads up, I was not sure of it's exact location when I was visiting the Lorraine cemetary where over 10,000 Americans soldiers are buried.

I nominate that for the best comeback of the year...

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: November 5, 2013 23:21

Doxa

Now only the question remains where the hell is Europe... The place in where they show Rolling Stones movies?grinning smiley

- Doxa

Is it a country? winking smiley

Date: November 5, 2013 23:49

Not sure why there needs to be this all this fuss....

All I would need to be happy forever would a
beautiful French woman to sing to me everyday...
something like this... even if I didnt understand a word of it...

Posted by: greenriver ()
Date: November 6, 2013 00:23

Hound Dog
Speaking of France, never met such rude people in my life, oh my god.... Would never go back and don't think the French would mind one bit.
Being french, you could tell you're right about us. When you say "oh my god", do you mean little name for godmichet or do you talk of a famous @#$%&-ing bearded man who let some people kill and rape children.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 6, 2013 00:26

greenriver
Hound Dog
Being french, you could tell you're right about us. When you say "oh my god", do you mean little name for godmichet or do you talk of a famous @#$%&-ing bearded man who let some people kill and rape children.

You've lost me.

Are you trying to give us an example of 'French being rude' or are you acting a little out of control?

Date: November 6, 2013 00:43

treaclefingers
greenriver
Hound Dog

You've lost me.

Are you trying to give us an example of 'French being rude' or are you acting a little out of control?
Be rude in french always stays melodic compared to others languages. >grinning smiley<

Date: November 6, 2013 01:01

greenriver
treaclefingers
greenriver
Hound Dog

You've lost me.

Be rude in french always stays melodic compared to others languages. >grinning smiley<

I agree! If I was going to have anyone insult me, then let it be a Frenchman.

At least they do it with a bit of panache!

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: November 6, 2013 01:18

Just an example : Springsteen is typically American isn't it ? Claudine Longet is French. I very often listen to Miss Longet. Never Bruce. Too rude for me. I know she perfectly suited to certain customs of the country, but her music is so sweet. About the so violent judgment, in French we say: sweep away in front of his own door.

Date: November 6, 2013 01:30

grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 6, 2013 02:33

Shezeboss
in French we say: sweep away in front of his own door.

Borrowed from the German original, that is… spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 6, 2013 02:45

I have no idea what she is singing about... makes no matter... still I love it...

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 6, 2013 05:07

Max'sKansasCity
I have no idea what she is singing about... makes no matter... still I love it...

Not bad but in the French pop genre here's something really good :

The Limiñanas - My Black Sabbath

Date: November 6, 2013 07:31

sad smiley Bon debout, fait chier, faut aller bosser pour ce putain de salaud de sa race de patron. Ca craint velu. Argh, ca fait du bien de jurer et d'être grossier dès le matin, ça augure d'une bonne journée tout ça. smoking smiley

Date: November 6, 2013 08:34

Beast
Shezeboss
in French we say: sweep away in front of his own door.

Borrowed from the German original, that is… spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I'm getting a heap of schadenfreud right now.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1621
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home