Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New single debut next Tuesday!
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 5, 2005 00:03

According to Riffhard (and Virgin insider) they will probably be debuting their newest single from the forthcoming album as well as playing an older hit or two next Tuesday.

Re: New single debut next Tuesday!
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2005 00:12

Seems unlikely, as the CD won´t be available for a couple of months yet. Chance is people (tourists) forget if there is too long between single and CD. But I hope you are right!

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: R ()
Date: May 5, 2005 02:33

Seems unlikely, as the CD won´t be available for a couple of months yet. "

A sh-t hot summer single for the sake of putting out a great song (think "Honky Tonk Women") in lieu of a precursor to an album, itself a precursor to the tour where the real $$$ is at?

We can only hope.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 5, 2005 02:44

I hope Mick screams his ass off on the first single, rather than the drawling mediocrity of Don't Stop.
Plus, the guitars better kick ass...it better be good, and I have a good feeling it will.

I wanna hear some new Stones music...NOW!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-05 02:45 by Hairball.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 5, 2005 08:52

Hold on to ya wig Hairball, for it'll be a killer and I think we all sense it.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 5, 2005 08:55

I think we better put on the safety helmet and bullet proof west, cause I think they bad guys of rock and roll will hit us hard this time!

HJofSweden

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 5, 2005 08:56

Yeah buckle down for the on slaught...!

ROCKMANB

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 5, 2005 10:49

We´ll be searching all over for our asses after this single´s out.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 5, 2005 11:08

They debuted ASMB and AOM at the 97 press conference, before the album was released.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: May 5, 2005 12:32

Yes, but it was not in the stores that day.
The album was actually not finished until the same day as the pressconference, August 18.The tour started on the 20 of September,the single ASMB was released the 22 of September, the album was in store on the 29 of September. Not counting the Horseshoe tavern gig on the 4th or the Double door gig on the 18 of Sep.

I must admit I read the first post in this thread as the Devil reads the bible, I thought we were talking about a single in store, available to the public. But I blame the alcohol last night : )

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-05 12:35 by mickijaggeroo.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: May 6, 2005 13:04

They played (I think) Mixed Emotions at the SW tour con.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 6, 2005 13:59

i think it is likely they will air soundbits of the new single or even more as they did for b2b (ASMB + FTS)

i think it would be f*****g great if they would play it in a 15minutes gig along with another new song and, uh BS or JJF or SMU...
i don't think these is very likely sad smiley

the point of not being in the stores is...pointless as we know that we're gonna find it somewhere, somehow....winking smiley

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 6, 2005 17:19

I hope that they forget about all they did in the past and come up with something new. IMO that whole attitude is what is the only thing that drags this whole exciting news down a little. The fact that the Stones have become so fluid and professional about the announcments, the relase of the new single, the arrival, the "secret" arrival that is so secret that everyone wonders how they will reveal it this time, the surprise clubgig (n Toronto probably), etc etc. maybe they will surpise us all again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1646
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home