Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones to re-release Bridges to Babylon Tour DVD and 2 others?
Date: October 30, 2013 02:47

I was checking my iPod today, and I got a notification from the rolling stones app saying something about the Bridges to Babylon Tour Video, saying they will re-release 3 different dvds. Unfortunately, I went to the app to see if there was any news article or anything more about it, nothing, and I couldn't get the notification banner back. Checked the official site...nothing! I wonder if they'll be released on blu ray and digital as well and hopefully, voodoo lounge dvd is released again. Any clarification or details on this would be appreciated.

Re: Rolling Stones to re-release Bridges to Babylon Tour DVD and 2 others?
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: October 30, 2013 04:07

No what they're doing is selling 3 videos from that B2B gig in St L. they filmed for that DVD.

Date: October 30, 2013 04:13

That's kinda lame. Oh well. Have the dvd anyways, so yeah.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: October 30, 2013 04:39

Very lame...

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 30, 2013 11:33

...Blu-Ray!! That's what we need. (From that tour, anyways...)

(Just entered that marvelous A/V-microcosmos... I immediately got 4 Stones-BR's in one draw: "L&G" (just for the sake of it... I don't expect much from that, since it's early '70s footage originaly, and the DVD was already quite brilliantly remastered - I can't see how B-Ray could top that?!), "Some Girls Live in Texas" (same here), "Shine a Light" & "Biggest Bang". Regardless of (shortened) content (compared to the DVD-box), that last one - the only one I (partly) saw already - is a real gem. Great sound, great visuals. And with "Sweet Summer Sun" on the way, I can't imagine this upcoming winter being boring at all...)

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 30, 2013 13:23

I was talking with a friend of mine who has this Stones app. Actually, it's the videos for 3 songs, only: Brown Sugar, Saint of Me and It's Only Rock'n'Roll, for the price of $4,99. They're available via App Purchase.

Posted by: erad ()
Date: October 30, 2013 14:20

RoughJusticeOnYa
...Blu-Ray!! That's what we need. (From that tour, anyways...)

(Just entered that marvelous A/V-microcosmos... I immediately got 4 Stones-BR's in one draw: "L&G" (just for the sake of it... I don't expect much from that, since it's early '70s footage originaly, and the DVD was already quite brilliantly remastered - I can't see how B-Ray could top that?!), "Some Girls Live in Texas" (same here), "Shine a Light" & "Biggest Bang". Regardless of (shortened) content (compared to the DVD-box), that last one - the only one I (partly) saw already - is a real gem. Great sound, great visuals. And with "Sweet Summer Sun" on the way, I can't imagine this upcoming winter being boring at all...)
I agree on the last part, except that it will just be coming into summer here so the title is quite apt for me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home