Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Lemmy says he's "ready" for death
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 28, 2013 08:56

Not that he plans on dying anytime soon, just that he defiantly refuses to slow down, with Motörhead's 21st album Aftershock released this month (October 21 UK, October 22 U.S.) and a tour of Europe kicking off November 7 in Zurich and wrapping up in Helsinki December 10--though he has quit smoking cigarettes and stopped drinking Jack and Cokes....

Daniel Boczarski, Getty Images

LEMMY SAYS HE’S ‘READY’ FOR DEATH

by Michael Gallucci October 15, 2013 9:47 AM

Motorhead frontman Lemmy Kilmister addressed his recent health issues in characteristically badass fashion, claiming he’s ready for death when it comes. The 67-year-old rocker also said he has no regrets, and has stopped drinking Jack and Cokes, on doctor’s orders.

Lemmy opened up about the health scares — which started with a hematoma earlier in the year and then a heart problem related to diabetes was disclosed over the summer — that forced the cancellation of a tour and shortened a show a couple of months ago. ”I’ve been poorly,” he told Classic Rock magazine. “There’s no point lying about it or trying to deny it. I’ve never done that. It’s all part of life’s rich tapestry, isn’t it?”

That doesn’t mean he’ll be slowing down anytime soon. Despite friends, family, doctors and even bandmates telling him to take it easy, Lemmy said he’s heard it all before. ”It was the same when people were telling me to stop smoking,” he recalled. “‘You’ve got to stop smoking, Lem,’ they kept saying. F— you. I don’t like people telling me what to do, even if they might be right.”

He did quit smoking about a year ago, though, and he also recently gave up drinking Jack Daniel’s and Coke … because the sugar in the latter messes with his diabetes. Still, he said he’s ready for whatever happens. “I’m pretty happy with the way things have turned out,” he said in the interview. “I like to think I’ve brought a lot of joy to a lot of people all over the world. I’m true to myself and I’m straight with people.

“I don’t do regrets. Regrets are pointless. It’s too late for regrets. You’ve already done it, haven’t you? You’ve lived your life. No point wishing you could change it.”

As Motörhead gear up for the release of their new album, ‘Aftershock’ (which comes out next week), Lemmy said he’s still capable of performing every night. But his bandmates have urged him to take it easy. Nevertheless, the band will launch a tour on Nov. 7.

Lemmy said he doesn’t have time to think about the consequences. “Death is an inevitability, isn’t it?” he said. “You become more aware of that when you get to my age. I don’t worry about it. I’m ready for it. When I go, I want to go doing what I do best. If I died tomorrow, I couldn’t complain. It’s been good.”

Lemmy is featured on the cover of the October issue (no. 190) of Classic Rock:

....if it comes to the point he can no longer hit the road, Lemmy vows: “We plan to go on. Maybe we’ll just make albums – we’ll be like The Beatles after 1966.”

Further details at: [www.classicrockmagazine.com]

One of the new Motörhead songs from Aftershock, End Of Time, epitomizes Lemmy's indefatigable spirit to press onward, whatever the cost:

Queen Of The Damned was the first song to be previewed ahead of the album's release:

The entire new album has also been uploaded on YouTube:

1. Heartbreaker
2. Coup de Grace
3. Lost Woman Blues
4. End of Time
5. Do You Believe
6. Death Machine
7. Dust and Glass
8. Going to Mexico
9. Silence When You Speak to Me
10. Crying Shame
11. Queen of the Damned
12. Knife
13. Keep Your Powder Dry
14. Paralyzed

Upcoming tour dates:

November
7 – Zurich, Switzerland – Club Hallenstadion
9 – Paris, France – Zenith
11 – Deinze, Belgium – Brielpoort
13 – Nottingham, England – Royal Concert Hall
14 – Newcastle, England – Royal Concert Hall
16 – London, England – Brixton Academy
17 – London, England – Brixton Academy
19 – Wolverhampton, England – Civic Hall
20 – Manchester, England – Apollo
22 – Glasgow, Scotland – Academy
26 – Berlin, Germany – Velodrom
27 – Frankfurt, Germany – Jahrhunderthalle
29 – Stuttgart, Germany – Schleyerhalle
30 – Munich, Germany – Zenith

December
2 – Dusseldorf, Germany – MEH
3 – Hamburg, Germany – Sporthalle
6 – Horsens, Denmark – Forum Horsens
8 – Oslo, Norway – Sentrum Scene
10 – Helsinki, Finland – Hartwell Arena

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-29 00:16 by stonehearted.

Re: OT: Lemmy says he's "ready" for death
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:15

I was talking today with some friends of mine about Lou Reed's death and about these music stars who have been around for 40+ years. These days, it seems to me that there's no much time left for them, and that there's no much for us to see or hear in the future when we talk about our music idols. Unfortunately, death comes to everybody.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:37

Does death really catch up with everybody? No way to escape?

Date: October 28, 2013 20:48

Love him/his way of livin' or not.

I do.

The world needs "characters", he is one!!!

Try to stay with us, rocker!

Posted by: Bungo ()
Date: October 28, 2013 21:06

Shout out to Lemmy: Can I have that bass guitar when you kick the bucket?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:11

windmelody

I'm banking on the rapture.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:33

The new album is good by the way.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 28, 2013 22:41

Words of wisdom from Lemmy there.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 28, 2013 23:14

windmelody

Pretend that your dead already grinning smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 28, 2013 23:39

I'm not a Motorhead fan but you can't help but admire him. You are right, he's a great "character", just as Lou Reed was. Its going to be sad when all of these people are gone. There are so many people that you may not like in music but admire as people, and that is sorely missing these days. You don't have a Lemmy or a Lou Reed these days. People who just make music and will kill anyone in their way to do so.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 29, 2013 09:24

The new Motörhead vinyl album is great and they will go on tour in Europe in november and december. Enjoy the ones that are here and the ones around you.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: October 29, 2013 14:11

He made need this:

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 29, 2013 22:55

Just announced on Facebook that the upcoming European Tour has been cancelled to help aid Lemmy's continuing recovery. Couldn't find an actual news-piece, unfortunately.

Date: October 30, 2013 00:00

Yes, Big Al, you're right. This statement by Lemmy has just been released within the last hour:

"I have to sadly let you know that MOTÖRHEAD has had to postpone the forthcoming European tour until early next year, 2014.

"We have made the decision because I am not quite ready to hit the road yet, and am working my way back to full fitness and rude health. Don't worry — I'm not about to start promoting veganism and alcohol-free beverages, but it is fair to say that I personally have been reconfiguring areas of my life to make sure I can come back fitter and stronger than ever.

"It disappointed me tremendously to have to say I wasn't quite ready to hit the road yet, but not nearly as much as it would've disappointed me to go out, play some average shows and watch my health give way long before the tour was over! When people come to see a MOTÖRHEAD tour, they expect a MOTÖRHEAD show, and that is exactly what you will get as soon as I am fit and ready to rumble.

"Your patience and understanding is appreciated...and know that I'm getting stronger and stronger every day, so watch out next spring Europe and we will see you then.

"Thank you all."

Further details at: [www.blabbermouth.net]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 30, 2013 01:29

stonehearted
Don't worry — I'm not about to start promoting veganism and alcohol-free beverages, but it is fair to say that I personally have been reconfiguring areas of my life to make sure I can come back fitter and stronger than ever.

OK, give up the cigs and Coke, keep the Jack. Two steps in the right direction.

Date: October 30, 2013 12:03

The new album Aftershock has charted in the top 10 in three European countries:

Germany: #5
Finland: #5
Austria: #7
Holland: #64
Belgium: #61

On Monday October 28, Lemmy appeared live on the U.S. radio interview show Rockline. The audio replay of this interview is available at the following link:

[www.rocklineradio.com]

The new single Heartbreaker was featured:

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: October 30, 2013 16:10

stonehearted
The new album Aftershock has charted in the top 10 in three European countries:

Germany: #5
Finland: #5
Austria: #7
Holland: #64
Belgium: #61

On Monday October 28, Lemmy appeared live on the U.S. radio interview show Rockline. The audio replay of this interview is available at the following link:

[www.rocklineradio.com]

The new single Heartbreaker was featured:

stonehearted thanks for the info.

Besides the great new Motörhead vinyl album, I've been listening to the Classic Rock mag enclosed cd where his roots are obvious; Little Richard, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly & The Crickets, Duane Eddy, Eddie Cochran, Brenda Lee and Elvis, Lemmy can be heard on a lot of tracks; Motördamn and The Head Cat, I am happy surprised.

Get well

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-30 17:33 by runaway.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: October 30, 2013 18:35

Yep, the new album sounds exactly like the Motorhead we know and love. I like the production, it seems a little more "natural", like Jimmy Miller's work on Overkill.thumbs up

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home