Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: OT: 18 Beatles Songs John Lennon Hated
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 27, 2013 15:01

OzHeavyThrobber
Thanks guys. Interesting stuff.

I read a book that was specifically about the Beatles financial affairs during and post being together caller "You never give me you money". A great book but ironically hard to read. It was so miserable. I don't believe I could have tolerated lennon in any sense given I think he may have been diagnosed with Bi Polar Syndrome or some other mental disease as he was as Keith stated once of Mick - "a great bunch of guys".

Geoarge appears hat he would have benefited from some kind of antidepressant to balance his mood as he was either friendly or an utter drudge. It comes across beautifully in the Anthology series. One interview he's dull, negative and quite damning of many things and people in a very tongue in cheek way and then in others he's rather illuminated and it's easy to see why somebody would be drawn into the orbit of his company and want to remain in it.

I don't know why McCartney gets slammed. I can't recall him ever saying a nasty thing about anyone in an interview. He may come across a little plastic but he was dealt a hand of fame at the likes of which nobody had ever experienced before almost overnight in his late teens. The way he coped is the front he puts up and I think that remains to this day.And he really is a decent human being. All he's ever done is promote the idea of love fundamentally and that carries over into his personal life even with regard to the treatment of animals. I admire him.

Ringo. Well if he still drank I'd love to get pissed with him smoking smiley Plus to boot I think he's the most underrated drummer in history.

Well said.
nice to see you back kyle..have a few beers from the esky for me ;-)

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 27, 2013 18:22

Well I think Macca is an actor and I guess thats why he's been slammed for appearing false and too cheeky etc. That said he was a great great great talent and I like his sense of humor.

Lennon? Genius yes but also one that burnt out just like his personality did so many times. First solo album is one of the few great novels of rock, probably the best. But after that quite uneven. Almost basket case after being stuck with his "mother" at Dakota for five years.

Harrisson must have suffered from depression and probably couldn't cope with the side effects of cocaine.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 27, 2013 19:19

Svartmer
Redhotcarpet
A day in the life is their masterpiece. It's not matched by anything anyone's done. Except Gimme Shelter by the Stones. A song like Hey Jude is not that great, it appears great because of the outro but the outro hasnt aged well. Maccas screams never soudned right. The song is great but theres not true greatness in the song, it's not one of their masterpieces. There's true greatness in Julia, Blackbird, Happiness is a warm gun, Long long long or Mother nature's son, Come together or She came in through, or I want you. But those are not masterpieces.

Thanks. Great to get some facts and not just opinions.

chortle

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 27, 2013 22:26

Svartmer
Redhotcarpet
A day in the life is their masterpiece. It's not matched by anything anyone's done. Except Gimme Shelter by the Stones. A song like Hey Jude is not that great, it appears great because of the outro but the outro hasnt aged well. Maccas screams never soudned right. The song is great but theres not true greatness in the song, it's not one of their masterpieces. There's true greatness in Julia, Blackbird, Happiness is a warm gun, Long long long or Mother nature's son, Come together or She came in through, or I want you. But those are not masterpieces.

Thanks. Great to get some facts and not just opinions.

Facts? It's just someones opinion.....or I don't understand the meaning of the word facts...............I think at least 5% of the Beatles songs are master pieces

Posted by: OzHeavyThrobber ()
Date: October 28, 2013 07:38

Tim? Esky? You baled on the greatest site name ever for a Beatles song?
If it's you I'll have to go looking back for whatever trouble it is that you've caused on here. Which I'm sure is plenty...

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:12

nah wrong guy Throbber...
fling me an email in any case.

ER

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1093
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home