Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Blondie says he was downsized
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 16, 2013 21:31

well, if he is still moaning, keep to the Beach girls blondie.

jeroen

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 17, 2013 01:45

bleedingman
Very talented dude.

Absolutely

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: October 17, 2013 05:34

You know bam, the most downsized I ever saw the Stones was in 1978. That was probably the best I ever saw them as too,m and I prefer a stripped down Stones to a clown car sized version any time.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: October 17, 2013 15:54

Boy, elitism is a nasty, unattractive thing.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 17, 2013 16:57

Wild Slivovitz
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
Glammy
Last time I checked The Rolling Stones were Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and some hired gun on bass. I always wondered who are all these other people on stage with them. Did they win or bought an extended Meet & Greet or something? I mean, I want to see The Stones, not The Stones with a backing band.

Been that way since 1969. This is the closest we've been since. Wanna go that route?

Wouldn't mind it myself. The guitar sound here is unbelievable!

Wow. 2013 is such a drop off from even 2005. I guess we'll have always have to refer to Keith as pre-head-injury and post-head-injury.

Most definitely! Just check out the pre-injury gigs! He was very good!

Thats not true. I saw them in Atlantic city after the fall and Richards was flawless. Saw him before the fall in St Louis and he played like he didn't know the songs. It's a hit and miss with this guy.

Date: October 17, 2013 17:05

More Hot Rocks
Wild Slivovitz
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
Glammy
Last time I checked The Rolling Stones were Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Charlie Watts, Ronnie Wood and some hired gun on bass. I always wondered who are all these other people on stage with them. Did they win or bought an extended Meet & Greet or something? I mean, I want to see The Stones, not The Stones with a backing band.

Been that way since 1969. This is the closest we've been since. Wanna go that route?

Wow. 2013 is such a drop off from even 2005. I guess we'll have always have to refer to Keith as pre-head-injury and post-head-injury.

Thats not true. I saw them in Atlantic city after the fall and Richards was flawless. Saw him before the fall in St Louis and he played like he didn't know the songs. It's a hit and miss with this guy.

That is true. I saw him in Oslo in 2007 and he was brilliant. In Bergen 2006 (also after the fall) he was more lost...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 17, 2013 17:23

well,same goes for Jagger.

pre Give me some head from Wren or whoever and post give me some head from who ever. Seems to make no difference for jagger.

jeroen

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 17, 2013 17:24

Blondie is a hired gun, a connected sideman.

By the 70s the Beach Boys were, at best, trying to forge a different sound and not be relegated to the status of oldies band trying to milk Brian Wilson's original 'genius'. The band, past Robertson and Emmanuel was really just a way for the remaining members to try to hang on - they were no longer The Band.

He's gone from the Stones. Was not needed. Contributed little, if anything.

Nicky Hopkins, Billy Preston and Stu were more than sidemen and added to the sound. The others over the years are just ornaments.

I'd rather they get back to stripped down shows, sloppy as they can occasionally be. Rather her Keith try to fill the sound with his rhythm guitar playing and aching backing vocals than hear Blondie, Lisa, Bernard, et al.

I don't need a 'show'. I prefer the Stones.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: October 17, 2013 18:00

RobertJohnson
Why not? The best line-up would be the four + BW + MT + Ian McLagan. No plink plonk piano, no sax noise ... only guitars, guitars, guitars ...

You nailed it.
Saw them so many times from 1967 on and though they didn't play perfect
back in the days - THIS WAS THE REAL "ROLLING STOMES"

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: October 17, 2013 18:06

DandelionPowderman
More Hot Rocks
Wild Slivovitz
24FPS
DandelionPowderman
Glammy

That is true. I saw him in Oslo in 2007 and he was brilliant. In Bergen 2006 (also after the fall) he was more lost...

Both in Oslo and Copenhagen he was pretty good indeed, I was there as well. However, my impression is that after the injury he became far more inconsistent than before.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 17, 2013 18:15

Hardly surprising.

Keith's convalescence after an injury of that type was quite short, especially given his age.

And that's before you factor in the effect of lifestyle changes which he may have been forced to make, with variable success .

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1459
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home