Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: New Status Quo "Frantic Four" Euro-tour!
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: October 18, 2013 01:51

I would love to see the orginal lineup of the legendary Status Quo. I saw them already 3x and they are truly one of the absolute greatest live bands in the world. But unfortunatly, the Frantic Four do not come to my area. sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-18 15:07 by Ladykiller.

Date: October 18, 2013 09:45

I'm considering going to England. I have to see this...

BTW, it's not the original lineup, but more like the classic lineup. Parfitt wasn't there from the beginning, and they had Roy Lynes on keyboard.

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:07

Hello,

One GA ticket for Manchester now trousered. Hurrah!

Can't see how the 'regular' Quo isn't totally redundant now...we'll see how well attended their traditional end-of-year tour is attended. I would have thought that it's the FF or nothing for most fans...

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 18, 2013 10:56

5 minutes till the tickets go on general release.

YEAH man!!!!!! \m/

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 12:22

DandelionPowderman

BTW, it's not the original lineup, but more like the classic lineup. Parfitt wasn't there from the beginning, and they had Roy Lynes on keyboard.

Correct and right Sir, there's only one original member (Francis Rossi) in the more poppy Quo (post 1986) lineup - though they did have some good albums, also had some absolute howlers though, jesus were some of them bad^ Thank god for the last few which were good).

'Bula Quo' was a howler, beggars belief they're thinking of doing two more,some of the reviews were the worst I've ever seen for any band's project, anywhere, ever! The FF Reunion reminded everyone of the REAL Quo.

It does kind of make Quo II a bit redundant, when you see the power the classic lineup had. The press reports, the fans reactions - that is Quo. Quo II are good too, especially Live, but on record they've been pretty abysmal ('86 - '2000 with only one exception really) until really the last decade with some clawed back album quality again.

The classic Lineup shows up exactly what's missing and watered down in the Quo II lineup, which comes dangerously close to cabaret a lot over the past 25 years

Date: October 18, 2013 12:37

I liked Heavy Traffic, as well as a couple of tunes on Quid Pro Quo, but that's it.

Posted by: Rik ()
Date: October 18, 2013 12:42

"The classic Lineup shows up exactly what's missing and watered down in the Quo II lineup, which comes dangerously close to cabaret a lot over the past 25 years"

and now:
The Lineup shows up exactly what's missing and watered down in the lineup, which comes dangerously close to cabaret a lot over the past 25 years

Almost the stones!

Still hoping for a FF show in Holland smiling smiley

Date: October 18, 2013 12:45

Rik
"The classic Lineup shows up exactly what's missing and watered down in the Quo II lineup, which comes dangerously close to cabaret a lot over the past 25 years"

and now:
The Lineup shows up exactly what's missing and watered down in the lineup, which comes dangerously close to cabaret a lot over the past 25 years

Almost the stones!

Still hoping for a FF show in Holland smiling smiley

The difference is worse with Quo, imo.

Lancaster's and Coghland's playing, and the locked down rhythm they have, can't be compared with Rhino's and Matt's. It became so evident when the FF decided to tour together again thumbs up

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 18, 2013 14:29

The difference is worse with Quo, imo.

Lancaster's and Coghland's playing, and the locked down rhythm they have, can't be compared with Rhino's and Matt's. It became so evident when the FF decided to tour together again thumbs up[/quote]

Absolutely; arguably Quo's descent when they reformed was greater than that of almost any other band I can think of. To go from, say, the great albums they made (in the 70s, granted) to the Talk Show circuit and silly sing-a-long novelty tracks like 'Burning Bridges' (the Birdie song of the 80s as one reviwer called it), three tepid and bland covers albums, and some unfortunately awful original albums from 1986 - 2000 (with one or two exceptions) was an astonishing artistic decline.

Live, Quo II were still very good, and I'd argue just got better over the last decade; during the 80s/early 90s they played too fast and reduced some of their iconic songs to variety-TV style medley's. They improved considerably in the 2000s. The albums got better also, but still wouldn't be a patch on some of the genuinely good albums they made in the 70s.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 18, 2013 20:44

saw them In Glasgow! and they are unbelievable. If you are a fan, do not miss this. total barnstorming rock. No backing vocalists, tapes, hidden musicians, auto tune or any other bullshit. And the crowd was totally up for it. One of the gigs of my life - and I've been to a few.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: October 18, 2013 20:46

DandelionPowderman

oh come on, it's the only Quo line up that mattered. That's like saying Charlie's not an original Stone.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1452
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home