Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"American Top 40" DJ Casey Kasem is unwell
Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:18

So sorry to hear he is very ill with advanced Parkinson's disease. Apparently there was a bizarre scene outside his house, with friends and his grown kids picketing. They haven't been allowed to visit him, and blame his wife Jean:

[www.upi.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 20:39 by Claire_M.

Re: "American Top 40" DJ Casey Kasem is unwell
Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: October 7, 2013 07:07

yes, heard about it, a childhood fixture! sad smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:19

very sad...you never know where your life will end up.

I'm sure when he was on (America's) top (40) of the world, he would never have imagined the situation ending up like it is.

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:26

Here in Ohio they play American top 40 countdowns from 70 to 79 every sunday on the local oldies station 93.3 it can streamed on i heart radio listen to it sometime its great

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 7, 2013 16:33

Spent many a Sunday night as a child listening to American Top 40. I hope his family issue resolves to give him some peace.

Date: October 7, 2013 16:47

crholmstrom
Spent many a Sunday night as a child listening to American Top 40. I hope his family issue resolves to give him some peace.

I know he's famous for AT 40 but I only came to know him in the late 70s/early 80s with America's Top Ten, a video countdown on TV...a weekly half hour show I think...sort of a precursor to MTV.

It was great. I still remember them showcasing Back In Black...the 'return' of AC/DC after the death of their 'lead singer'. It was so cool.

Posted by: tklawson ()
Date: October 7, 2013 19:07

He was also the original voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo.

Date: October 7, 2013 19:35

tklawson
He was also the original voice of Shaggy on Scooby Doo.

gah-ZOINKS!

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 7, 2013 20:37

Godxofxrock9
Here in Ohio they play American top 40 countdowns from 70 to 79 every sunday on the local oldies station 93.3 it can streamed on i heart radio listen to it sometime its great

Ooh thank you, I didn't know it was available online. A local radio station was playing it on Sunday afternoons, but then moved it to 7am, which is too damn early for moi.

It's wonderful to hear it again. Though the majority of songs are very well known, you do occasionally hear a gem you'd forgotten about, like the Theme from S.W.A.T.!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1172
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home