Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: How much money have you spent on The Rolling Stones?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 30, 2013 15:27

this thread is wearing thin

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 30, 2013 17:31

Never mind.
Not so much as on women and liquor.

Jeroen

Posted by: JC21769 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 18:12

I have spent about 7g just on show tickets. maybe more. I passed on 2012/2013. Too much.

I would guess hundreds on albums/cassettes/cd's.

Im out

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: September 30, 2013 18:32

Too much, but since the Internet is on air not as much, but my hard disc contains about 1 TB Stones music, hurrah ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-30 18:42 by RobertJohnson.

Posted by: Big Ed ()
Date: September 30, 2013 23:19

In my time from Nov 30th 1969 thru May 2013, all in travel food hotels tickets and taking friends with me. Proudly and Probability enough to pay The Stone for a
Private Show ........

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 1, 2013 01:19

about $2,162.00

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 1, 2013 01:41

corriecas
Not so much as on women and liquor

LOL Jeroen, I like this post

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 1, 2013 03:44

gotdablouse
Dunno...money well spent for sure!

gotdablouse, this is totally off-topic but I've just been looking through your great HP1 pics, and I'm in at least one of them! If you look really closely . . .

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 1, 2013 05:59

Probably not that much compared to the other people on this board. I've got most of their catalog. I don't have Got Live If You Want It, the last compilation I bought was Sucking in the Seventies, and I refuse to spend a fortune on the Brussels Affair deluxe set when all I want is the CDs. Otherwise, I've got it all, and I've seen them play live three or four times (never indoors, I suddenly realize), so they've gotten a few hundred bucks out of me over the years.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 1, 2013 07:02

blivet, I warmly congratulate you on your intelligence!

Assume Rolling Stones re your favorite band? Who else do you like?

Posted by: rovalle ()
Date: October 1, 2013 07:03

Since 1966? hmmmmm....

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 1, 2013 10:41

3/4000 euros probably

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 1, 2013 11:20

49 years of fandom, beginning in 1964 at age 4, entails buying the complete recorded works in multiple formats, tickets for 24 shows (1978-present), travel expenses, merch, etc. I've bought at least seven different copies of Exile over the years (three old vinyl editions, the original CDs, the '94 remaster, and the latest deluxe and super deluxe editions). So well into five figures, but no regrets.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 1, 2013 21:38

Because of the value gained in music and memories, I couldn't place an actual monetary figure on it. So I'll say "just enough to make me happy".

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: October 2, 2013 01:24

stonesrule

Why thank you, stonesrule, although I have to confess that my prudent buying habits may have less to do with intelligence than with being possibly as big a cheapskate as Mick Jagger himself.

Yes, the Stones are my favorite band. When they were on top of their game they were the best in the business, and I was young. How can you beat that?

Who else? Well, back in the 70s I was big on a lot of stuff that I still like but don't feel the need to listen to much anymore. If I had to categorize it I'd say the stuff Creem magazine was pushing back then. Stuff like Bowie, Roxy Music, the Stooges, that kind of thing.

I've always really liked Neil Young, including his newer material. He's one of the few who never seems to run out of ideas.

As far as more (relatively) recent stuff goes, I'm a big fan of Stereolab.

I've ended up listening to jazz a lot. It's kind of fun not knowing anything at all about it. I can just go with what I like without worrying about what's supposed to be good.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: October 2, 2013 01:42

i´ve been spent the enough to get my rocksoff...since 15 years ago.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 2, 2013 01:44

blivet
stonesrule

Why thank you, stonesrule, although I have to confess that my prudent buying habits may have less to do with intelligence than with being possibly as big a cheapskate as Mick Jagger himself.

Yes, the Stones are my favorite band. When they were on top of their game they were the best in the business, and I was young. How can you beat that?

Who else? Well, back in the 70s I was big on a lot of stuff that I still like but don't feel the need to listen to much anymore. If I had to categorize it I'd say the stuff Creem magazine was pushing back then. Stuff like Bowie, Roxy Music, the Stooges, that kind of thing.

I've always really liked Neil Young, including his newer material. He's one of the few who never seems to run out of ideas.

I've ended up listening to jazz a lot. It's kind of fun not knowing anything at all about it. I can just go with what I like without worrying about what's supposed to be good.

thumbs up looks like my preferences................

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 2, 2013 01:47

blivet, delightful response!

Ah yes, the days of CREEM...we need it back. Although without Lester, who could possibly do justice to the likes of Miley, Kanye etc?

Like your attitude on jazz. It's great, isn't it, when you don't know what to expect and actually enjoy a gig.

Re Mick, despite the rumors here that he is a "cheapskate," in reality he is often a thoughtful and generous human being.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 2, 2013 02:19

Probably about 20-25K on the most recent tour, including Tongue pit tickets to 5 of 6 shows, hotels, travel including roundtrip air to UK from Philly.

Date: October 2, 2013 06:24

NICOS
blivet
stonesrule

thumbs up looks like my preferences................

I listen to jazz now more than the stones...I wonder if it's an age thing?

Date: October 2, 2013 07:38

treaclefingers

It could be a jazz thing, but you can never know for sure until you've reached a certain age.... or something.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: October 2, 2013 08:10

It could be an age thing, I got up one day after decades of being a music fan and suddenly discovered that I "got" modern jazz, which had previously just sounded like noise. It was like a switch flipping, for no apparent reason. So then, O joy, a whole world of new stuff to listen to, though like blivet I know nothing about it except what I like.

Date: October 2, 2013 08:29

That must mean that jazz musicians are born old.

Myself, I've always liked a bit of jazz now and again, even though I've never been old, as yet, and it's always gone particularly well on a Sunday morning.

Perhaps that means that I'm just an old soul, and that I'm at my oldest on Sundays before noon.... or something.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 2, 2013 08:32

........stay in bed till it's time ta rock ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 2, 2013 14:18

stonehearted
treaclefingers

It could be a jazz thing, but you can never know for sure until you've reached a certain age.... or something.

stonestod, thy revealeth thyself

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 2, 2013 14:25

I have not read this thread.

I don't know what I have spent.

My answer is that I wish that I had spent more, much more. That I had been able to do that on certain occasions in the past. Because then I would have seen them more in live concerts.

Posted by: HeadFullofSnow ()
Date: October 2, 2013 16:24

!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-02 16:28 by HeadFullofSnow.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 2, 2013 17:53

jazzbass
Probably about 20-25K on the most recent tour, including Tongue pit tickets to 5 of 6 shows, hotels, travel including roundtrip air to UK from Philly.

I think you you win,
not only for amount spent but also for not posting a peep of regret about it.
CHEERS!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Des ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:18

More for my last ticket than the others combined.....what does that say about the tour.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: October 2, 2013 18:25

Enough

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1389
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home