Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: August 22, 2015 19:26

frankotero
Really like this idea of releasing one song a week. This way I don't have to be overwhelmed by 15 at once. By the time the CD comes out we'll have 10, and that's what some people like (including myself). It's a win-win situation in my opinion. Loving the 2 songs so far.smiling smiley

How do you come to 10 songs. we have Trouble, Amnesia, and the coming 3 weeks 3 new songs. When i count, this is 5 songs till Sept 18.
Jeroen

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: August 22, 2015 19:37

Thought there was 15 songs on the official release? We will have 3 more songs, unless they put Trouble in the weekly contest. Although there was mention of bonus tracks earlier in the thread. In this case my math is off.

Date: August 22, 2015 19:40

frankotero
Thought there was 15 songs on the official release? We will have 3 more songs, unless they put Trouble in the weekly contest. Although there was mention of bonus tracks earlier in the thread. In this case my math is off.

Sorry, my Math was off. i misread your post.Apologize sincerely.One love
Jeroen

Posted by: Jackda ()
Date: August 22, 2015 20:18

Amnesia available on spotify

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:21

I really must say i was sucked into this crap about Mick being the lyrics and melody guy and Keith just does his best on the rest.
But these lyrics from Crosseyed Heart show the absolute opposite
This is good shit
Go Keith Go ! You da man smoking smiley

Posted by: tele15 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:41

He s a songwriter

Posted by: tele15 ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:43

Nothing on me was so great!

Date: August 22, 2015 21:44

keefriffhards
I really must say i was sucked into this crap about Mick being the lyrics and melody guy and Keith just does his best on the rest.
This is good shit
smileys with beerhot smiley
Jeroen

Date: August 22, 2015 21:51

Yeah too right
Why did we ever doubt Keith, he is full of gifts and surprises , i guess thats why some of us love the guy smileys with beer

Date: August 22, 2015 21:59

KeithDaMan
I LOVE BOTH SONGS. Maybe I'm a keith fan or just a Stones fan :-).

It your a Keith fan, you da man, KeithDaMan hot smiley
ONE LOVE

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 22, 2015 21:59

keefriffhards
Why did we ever doubt Keith

We ??????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 22, 2015 22:11

Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards

We ??????

Have you been listening to some posters on here over the last decade ??
People have been saying shit things about Keith from his teeth, fingers, brain, hair, belly, boobs.
They been saying he cant play, he cant sing, he cant move, he cant write, do you need to hear more ????
Trouble is people start to believe all the crap said about Keith
I love the guy, but even i started to believe the false things people on here say about him.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 22, 2015 22:23

keefriffhards
This is good shit

It's pretty clear they are BOTH good songwriters but it's also pretty well documented that Mick has written more lyrics than Keith where Stones music is concerned. This doesn't have to be a Mick vs Keith thing, obviously Keith has done some nice work with Cross Eyed Heart, it's silly to try to put down either of them for their perspective roles in the songwriting process.

Date: August 22, 2015 22:39

Naturalust
keefriffhards
This is good shit

It's pretty clear they are BOTH good songwriters but it's also pretty well documented that Mick has written more lyrics than Keith where Stones music is concerned. This doesn't have to be a Mick vs Keith thing, obviously Keith has done some nice work with Cross Eyed Heart, it's silly to try to put down either of them for their perspective roles in the songwriting process.

Well its like this NL
How is sending Praises for Keith's new album putting Mick down in any way
This album is about Keith. Keith wrote it with Steve Jordan.
Its well documented on this site that Mick is responsible for most the lyrics and melody's over the years
Crosseyed Heart dispels that myth imho

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 22, 2015 23:09

keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
This is good shit

Well its like this NL
Its well documented on this site that Mick is responsible for most the lyrics and melody's over the years

There is no correlation between Keith writing an album of good songs and Mick's role in the Stones songwriting process, no matter how many times you say it. When you use words like crap referring to assertions that Mick was more of the lyric guy in the Stones songwriting team it obviously comes out as a put down.

Just praise the record because it's good, it doesn't have any thing to do with Mick or anything Mick and Keith have done in past collaborations. Keith would be the first to tell you he left most the lyrical duties in the Stones to Mick, it is what it is. It's not that Keith couldn't have come up with lyrics or melodies on his own, it's just how they best worked as a team. They are both great songsmiths, imo.

Date: August 22, 2015 23:14

Naturalust
keefriffhards
Naturalust
keefriffhards
This is good shit

Well its like this NL

There is no correlation between Keith writing an album of good songs and Mick's role in the Stones songwriting process, no matter how many times you say it. When you use words like crap referring to assertions that Mick was more of the lyric guy in the Stones songwriting team it obviously comes out as a put down.

Just praise the record because it's good, it doesn't have any thing to do with Mick or anything Mick and Keith have done in past collaborations. Keith would be the first to tell you he left most the lyrical duties in the Stones to Mick, it is what it is. It's not that Keith couldn't have come up with lyrics or melodies on his own, it's just how they best worked as a team. They are both great songsmiths, imo.

Well said NL . There is no denying that your balanced observations are correct for once . There is a first time for everything lol

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 22, 2015 23:29

keefriffhards
Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards

We ??????

People have been saying shit things about Keith from his teeth, fingers, brain, hair, belly, boobs.
They been saying he cant play, he cant sing, he cant move, he cant write, do you need to hear more ????
I love the guy, but even i started to believe the false things people on here say about him.

I will give it another try.
You posted "Why did we ever doubt Keith".
Then I posted "We ?????" I thought it was clear, but it probably wasn't. I never doubted Keith. Therefore I was puzzled by your post "Why did we ever doubt Keith" That was all actually. And yes I read many posts here during the past decade.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 22, 2015 23:32

Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards
Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards

We ??????

Then I posted "We ?????" I thought it was clear, but it probably wasn't. I never doubted Keith. Therefore I was puzzled by your post "Why did we ever doubt Keith" That was all actually. And yes I read many posts here during the past decade.

Ok but why would you take 'we' as to mean each and every person on here personally including you confused smiley
Anyway besides your one of the good guys Hansie smiling smiley

Posted by: ohmercy61 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 02:37

Any word on a tour,time frame ,cities, venues?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 06:37

Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards
Rolling Hansie
keefriffhards

We ??????

i never doubted him either. mick would be a retired gym teacher in dartford without keith (and brian), and he knows it, that's why keith gets away with doing whatever he wants.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 09:56

No, I think MJ would have made it on the London blues scene without any of the Stones, but he knew in Keith he had a good horse to ride, and he enabled Keith and got everything he could from him for a long time. As well he should have.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:47

Hahaha before it was stones/beatles now its mick/keith 2 rockers from the greatest rock-roll band

WHAT ARE WE FIGHTING FOR,AND WHAT FOR?
Its only rock-roll but we like it.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 23, 2015 12:48

Turner68

i never doubted him either. mick would be a retired gym teacher in dartford without keith (and brian), and he knows it, that's why keith gets away with doing whatever he wants.

and without Mick Keith would still be playing some obscure blues stuff in some back street bar (and having been unable to replace his rotten teeth…)

Posted by: wicked67 ()
Date: August 23, 2015 13:10

more listening amnesia more I realize that Keith thickness of the other stones have not!! Groove Groove fantastic album Keith number one!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 23, 2015 13:34

tele15
Nothing on me was so great!

Terrific song...imo as good as Locked Away

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: August 23, 2015 14:54

anymore news on Keefs doco on Netflix ?
Has a trailer surfaced?

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 23, 2015 15:14

We want 'One More Shot' solo version as bonus track!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:06

According to some people in Universal he won't tour the album, only TV and media interviews, with a bit of luck maybe a promotional performance.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:21

georgelicks
According to some people in Universal he won't tour the album, only TV and media interviews, with a bit of luck maybe a promotional performance.

same – according to me. As I said before: I think it's very unlikely that he is able to do a tour or more than a bunch of shows with him singing lead vocals on most of the songs. But I still hope for at one or two promotional gigs (preferable in London)

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: August 23, 2015 16:56

georgelicks

I said it from the very beginning... too old, too lazy, too whatever to rehearse all that stuff. We should be lucky to get a record anyway. And, like I said before, he doesn´t need to tour. The album will be bought anyway by a lot of people, a tour would not increase the sales.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...8889909192939495969798...LastNext
Current Page: 93 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1997
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home