Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Stones Vinyl Collections
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 2, 2014 22:51

MingSubu I used to live in Pittsburgh and go to Jerry's all the time, pretty cool place. I know live in Colorado and found places where you can get records much cheaper but its pretty much hit or miss. I found Taylor and Ronnie solo albums for a buck a piece.

Any idea where to find new Stones vinyl, don't have anything past Steel Wheels.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 3, 2014 17:28

Hound Dog
MingSubu I used to live in Pittsburgh and go to Jerry's all the time, pretty cool place. I know live in Colorado and found places where you can get records much cheaper but its pretty much hit or miss. I found Taylor and Ronnie solo albums for a buck a piece.

Only place for stuff like Flashpoint, Voodoo Lounge, Stripped, Bridges, No Security, ABB is probably on EBAY. You may find deluxe stuff still in some stores though, like Some Girls or Exile.

Be prepared to pay a lot of dough though. Post Flashpoint albums sell for a lot of dough for some reason. Probably many fewer pressings available.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:11

Hound Dog

Yeah, Jerry's is a cool place. An awesome hole in the wall!!!

Was Attic Records, in Millvale, around while you still lived here?

Went to see Gary Clark Jr last night and happened to park right in front of the place. Late Sunday night, so the place was closed. Going to head down there later today.

Date: June 7, 2015 00:53

Picked up some albums today. Also wanted a portable/something for the back porch record player. So I got this classroom player. I'm diggin' it so far.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 7, 2015 00:57

MingSubu
Picked up some albums today. Also wanted a portable/something for the back porch record player. So I got this classroom player. I'm diggin' it so far.

Cool! Makes me wanna go and buy some more Stones records.
How much did you pay for those five records?

Date: June 7, 2015 01:02

$50 for the records. EOMS, LIB, GYYYO and Flowers are almost perfect. Wouldn't be surprised if they were played once and put away.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 7, 2015 01:07

MingSubu
$50 for the records. EOMS, LIB, GYYYO and Flowers are almost perfect. Wouldn't be surprised if they were played once and put away.

$50 is really cheap if the records are fresh. It's not unusual to see the 1972 pressing of Exile (without poster) priced at $50 on it's own smoking smiley

Date: June 7, 2015 01:14

The price tag for EOMS was $17. No poster. Getting ready to flip it to side 4 and knock on wood, sounds great. No skips or scratches.

They're all from Jerry's Records in Squirrel Hill/Pittsburgh. Pretty cool place.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 01:20

Here's a pic of the Wade Records box set from Japan of LA. Very nice glossy box, CD, 180 gram vinyl with beautiful inner sleeves, and a sweet TShirt that will stay wrapped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-06-07 01:22 by whitem8.

Date: June 7, 2015 01:25

That is pretty far out dude.

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 01:27

I have vinyl copies of Beggar's Banquet, December's Children and Got Live If You Want It

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 01:32

Mingsubu it is beautiful. I just ordered their Brussels and Marquee, fingers crossed it will ship.

Also I have the vinyl of Hampton and Some Girls, both are fantastic. The Live in Texas is red vinyl. Lovely. Both come with the DVD on the middle panel of the album cover.

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 7, 2015 01:45

I have an original "England's Newest Hit Makers", original "Aftermath", original "Between The Buttons", original 3D "Their Satanic Majesties Request", clear reissue "Beggars Banquet", Clear reissue of "Let It Bleed", Boot of "Stones In The Park", Original "Ya-Ya's", original "Sticky Fingers" With zipper, Reissue of "Exile".

Posted by: stones2000 ()
Date: June 7, 2015 02:22

Ram
I have an original "England's Newest Hit Makers", original "Aftermath", original "Between The Buttons", original 3D "Their Satanic Majesties Request", clear reissue "Beggars Banquet", Clear reissue of "Let It Bleed", Boot of "Stones In The Park", Original "Ya-Ya's", original "Sticky Fingers" With zipper, Reissue of "Exile".

Wow! Nice!

Posted by: Ram ()
Date: June 7, 2015 02:27

Something i've really gotten into. Very interesting to read the numbers and symbols etched into the dead wax to see what you really have. Discogs.com has been very helpful in discovering how original your records are.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home