Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Stones Vinyl Collections
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 16, 2013 22:15

MingSubu
Got these today. Both in good condition and a poster with the ER album. I have 3 incoming from Amazon. Going to be a good week.

http://

Good stuff. If you can buy sealed at a good price, do so and don't open'em!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2013 22:25

Those were already opened. 2 of the 3 that are coming from Amazon are sealed.

I might have to start buying doubles. tongue sticking out smiley

I like to use what I get, but also take care of it. So I'm kind of torn on the opening, or not.

Date: September 16, 2013 22:35

MingSubu
Those were already opened. 2 of the 3 that are coming from Amazon are sealed.

I might have to start buying doubles. tongue sticking out smiley

I like to use what I get, but also take care of it. So I'm kind of torn on the opening, or not.

Well, it sounds like you may have 'the bug' if you're considering doubles!

Posted by: boston2006 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 09:30

We have competition treacle ........... smileys with beer

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: September 17, 2013 10:15

treaclefingers

Ohhh, that bug you are describing Treacle is so very contagious. Beware!
I caught it last year. Very ill for a long time. At that point I created what I called the FRANKENSTONES albums, which was buying two of many copies, and putting one great playing record into another great looking cover. Of course, they needed to be exactly the same press.No way I can afford that anymore. But that was fun.
The Frankenstones album concept I think is very interresting, wonder if others do that or if its considered cheating.

On another note Ming Subu, I really feel the joy your expressing about the vinyls. It seems you have a lot of fun. May I bring a suggestion to the table, one that I got when I started?
The tip would be that after the initial rush of buying your first albums, if you´re really serious about collecting, that you set yourself a "scope". What´s your angle? Whats your main interest?
Treacle, for instance, is into sealed. Im into US and UK only first prints. Jan Richards is the king of Decca pressings. And you could go on about Boston2006, StoneRelics, SteffieStones, Vilhelm, Kapel, Dartford, Luca and so on and so on. Everybody has their own interest.
I think many has narrowed it down somewhat because the number of pressings, pressingplants, countries, albums, colors, testpressings et al is so immense with the Stones.

Welcome to the club MingSubu! Enjoy the ride smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2013 10:58

boston2006
We have competition treacle ........... smileys with beer

Oh dear...thank god I'm semi-retired. I haven't bought a stones album off EBAY in about 3 or 4 years!

Date: September 17, 2013 11:01

RobberBride
treaclefingers

I caught it last year. Very ill for a long time. At that point I created what I called the FRANKENSTONES albums, which was buying two of many copies, and putting one great playing record into another great looking cover. Of course, they needed to be exactly the same press.No way I can afford that anymore. But that was fun.
The Frankenstones album concept I think is very interresting, wonder if others do that or if its considered cheating.

On another note Ming Subu, I really feel the joy your expressing about the vinyls. It seems you have a lot of fun. May I bring a suggestion to the table, one that I got when I started?
The tip would be that after the initial rush of buying your first albums, if you´re really serious about collecting, that you set yourself a "scope". What´s your angle? Whats your main interest?
Treacle, for instance, is into sealed. Im into US and UK only first prints. Jan Richards is the king of Decca pressings. And you could go on about Boston2006, StoneRelics, SteffieStones, Vilhelm, Kapel, Dartford, Luca and so on and so on. Everybody has their own interest.
I think many has narrowed it down somewhat because the number of pressings, pressingplants, countries, albums, colors, testpressings et al is so immense with the Stones.

Yes, sealed for sure, and also UK/US albums and 45s, and especially promo's.

I periodically venture from that a bit. VERY FEW bootlegs. Just never interested me. I also at least try for the actual rare ones, the Heart of Stone/Winning Ugly picture sleeves for example.

Date: September 17, 2013 12:23

RobberBride
treaclefingers

Thank you!

Haven't had coffee yet, so bear with me.

Now, my goal is to get all the studio albums, and some comps. US first and then the UK versions. New, or good used condition doesn't really matter at this point. As long as they play.

But... Philadelphia Special 2 is one of my fav boots and a blue vinyl version was listed on ebay. Tempting, but not yet. angry smiley

Also, at this point, just learning the ins and outs of vinyl and record players. I grew up with cassettes then cds. Had a little 45 player, but barely remember it.

Thanks for the posts, everybody!

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 17, 2013 15:01

Do you have this yet

Date: September 17, 2013 15:22

Here Are Some Of My Singels and one ep i got on record store day

Date: September 17, 2013 16:20

Here are my 12 inch records

Minor skip on shine a light also on hide your love and if you can't rock me

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 17, 2013 16:59

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-12 21:06 by kovach.

Date: September 17, 2013 17:26

Nice collection guys and gals.

Godxofxrock9, the record store's owner told me about their weekend $1 basement sale-type thing. He said that there are a few Stones 45s. So I'm pretty excited to see what I find.

Just killing time recently. I found a 19th Nervous Breakdown/Sad Day 45 in a box of old jukebox records. Very unexpected, especially that 45, given the other 45s. Plays good and was free. I can't complain. I guess this was my vinyl seed. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 18, 2013 02:22

hey mingsubu i found this on ebay you better get it before its gone [www.ebay.com]

Date: September 18, 2013 13:22

Thank you!

The seller has a few other Stones albums listed too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-18 13:41 by MingSubu.

Date: September 18, 2013 14:48

MingSubu
Thank you!

Yeah he does i bought Their Satanic Majesties Request last night >grinning smiley<

Date: September 18, 2013 18:01

Godxofxrock9
MingSubu
Thank you!

Yeah he does i bought Their Satanic Majesties Request last night >grinning smiley<

moody smiley grinning smiley

Date: September 21, 2013 00:03

This arrived, in the mail, today. Once Subu is finished checking out the cover art, I'm going to slice it open and spin it.

My first brand new album. Some of you open it up and take whiff? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Guess I gotta try it.

Date: September 27, 2013 23:08

Got some new records, nothing special. TSMR, BTB, RS-ENH and BB,

A very clean copy of TSMR and sound great. I love the inside cover. The maze and collage of images. I got a date tonight, with this album and the artwork.

Date: September 27, 2013 23:27

All very nice mingsubu i ordered a flashpoint vinyl the other day its a pretty rare one. also where do you order your records

Date: September 28, 2013 00:46

Godxofxrock9
All very nice mingsubu i ordered a flashpoint vinyl the other day its a pretty rare one. also where do you order your records

Great get and I think you're right pretty rare. I've collected 3 still sealed copies through the years for only about $9-10 each on EBAY.

If you're serious about collecting this stuff EBAY can be a place to get some unbelievable deals.

Date: September 28, 2013 00:54

My local-ish(~30 min drive to) shop is Jerry's Records in Squirrel Hill, Pa. Near downtown Pittsburgh. Only been there a handful amount of times, but they've been very nice. I try to buy from them first.

Their Stones albums are usually $4 to $9. Run of the mill stuff. The ones I've bought all play nice and some are actually in great condition. I'm sure they are nothing special. As long as they play good is all I care about. I want to play my records to death. In a good way that is.

I asked about Stones 45s. Jerry said it would be best if I visited when their "45 guy" is in. Which are Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Haven't made it on those days yet. He did say that they have a bunch of 45s and some picture disks. If you are unfamiliar with Jerry's, here is their site. Not much to the site though. [www.jerrysrecords.com]

There are other shops around town. Just haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

I got a couple through Amazon and Ebay too. Thanks for the BB auction link, by the way!smiling smiley

I think right now I'm going to focus on what I got and start doing some research. Then begin to upgrade my stereo and speakers. Just hitting the local joints for records.

Date: September 28, 2013 01:39

MingSubu
My local-ish(~30 min drive to) shop is Jerry's Records in Squirrel Hill, Pa. Near downtown Pittsburgh. Only been there a handful amount of times, but they've been very nice. I try to buy from them first.

Their Stones albums are usually $4 to $9. Run of the mill stuff. The ones I've bought all play nice and some are actually in great condition. I'm sure they are nothing special. As long as they play good is all I care about. I want to play my records to death. In a good way that is.

I asked about Stones 45s. Jerry said it would be best if I visited when their "45 guy" is in. Which are Tues, Thurs, and Sat. Haven't made it on those days yet. He did say that they have a bunch of 45s and some picture disks. If you are unfamiliar with Jerry's, here is their site. Not much to the site though. [www.jerrysrecords.com]

There are other shops around town. Just haven't had a chance to check them out yet.

I got a couple through Amazon and Ebay too. Thanks for the BB auction link, by the way!smiling smiley

I think right now I'm going to focus on what I got and start doing some research. Then begin to upgrade my stereo and speakers. Just hitting the local joints for records.
thanks for all the info another good vinyl site is discogs check it out

Posted by: caesar ()
Date: October 16, 2013 22:25

Sticky Fingers
German issue in good condition, messed up by German postal service DHL

Receiving vinyl records with German DHL

Sorry, it's in German. It basically says: "F... them! They put a parcel into water without even noticing. And then they want it back. For further investigations. No!"

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: October 16, 2013 23:46

MY COLLECTION LPs(records, Vinyl)No boots, etc.
England's Newest Hitmakers The Rolling Stones
12X 5
Out of Our heads
The Rolling Stones NOW
December's Children
Aftermath, Big hitsVol. 1
Got Live If You Want It
Between the Buttons
Their Satanic Majesties Request
Flowers
Beggars Banquet, Let It Bleed
Through the Past Darkly
Get Your Ya Yas Out (1969 live concert)
Sticky Fingers, 1964-71 Greatest Hits, Exile on Mainstreet
Big Hits, & Fazed Cookies Vol. 2, Goatshead Soup
Its Only Rock and Roll, Made In the Shade
Black and Blue, Love You Live, Some Girls,
Sucking In The 70's, Emotional Rescue, Tattoo You
Still Life, Undercover, Rewind, Dirty Work
Steel Wheels. 1989
They did not release Voodoo Lounge, Stripped, Brides to Babylon ( in the states)on vinyl and
Bigger Bang on Vinyl. CDs were becoming popular and vinyl disappeared.
I ended up getting those on CD. I never got Metamorphosis on vinly or cd yet.
ended up getting the LPs I have bought cds all when they first came out
The CBS label ones. I never got the remixed ones I am ok with what I have
Still gotsome catching up to do eventually..

drummer_dude

Posted by: UnionHall ()
Date: October 17, 2013 04:25

My Stones vinyl:

Now!
Decembers Children
Aftermath
Between the Buttons
Flowers
Satanic Majesties
Beggars Banquet
Let It Bleed
Get Yer Ya Yas Out
Sticky Fingers
Exile
Goats Head Soup
It's Only Rock n Roll
Black and Blue
Metamorphosis
Made In the Shade
Love You Live
Still Life
Emotional Rescue
Some Girls
Tattoo You
Undercover
Dirty Work

Then I got a cd player.

Date: October 27, 2013 21:43

Picked up the Some Girls and Undercover albums today. The other two, I got a few weeks ago.

Date: February 12, 2014 20:27

Picked these up this morning. Going to go and spin these and read my new book.

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 12, 2014 23:51

The Flashpoint Vinyl - is that rare?

Worth having because of the 12" x 12" booklet of tour photos that went with it.

I imagine that Dirty Work in original cellophane wrapping - and sticker - is worth having.

The 90s albums were all on vinyl. Both Bridges and Voodoo had band photos on inner sleeves.

So often it's about decent scale artwork and not just the plastic itself.
Just a more complete artefact - art + music (or the other way around!)

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 13, 2014 00:10

Godxofxrock9
I have all the ones from the 80's and i have all of them from the 70's except sticky fingers my exile skips sometimes most of the time not just dust will get on the record i have had to rebuy some of them my ya ya's had skips spliting down the side i have been rebuying them lately so the can be in perfect shape that's my goal. i am not buying any of them past 1991 a little bit expensive

If you have an original copy of Sticky Fingers with the working zipper you may likely have a skip because that added pressure from the zipper caused a slight indentation when they were all shipped out pressed against each other. Also original plastic on the albums tends to keep shrinking and may cause warping so replacing it with quality plastic sleeve is a good idea if you want to keep things in good shape.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home