Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: NEW-OLD FENDER GUITARS
Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: September 12, 2013 00:42

Hi All. Sorry I hardly ever 'speak' on here- but get me on guitars & well......LOL. Nice to see some of the more 'aquired taste' Fenders on here :-).I LOVE Jag's- probably because I have small hands (?). Here's my '63. It's all original, except for an old body overspray & the felt on the mute. I'm not a 'guitar snob' btw- it's a working instrument- not an ornament. I also have a black US '62 reissue Jag on reserve, which sounds just as good, but the neck is NOTHING LIKE the old one. I have nothing against the Japanese reissues- I've owned several & they were always beautifully built. Don't know what they're like now, but the pickups used to be really microphonic.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 00:56 by MrsHop.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 12, 2013 02:27

I have a variety of basses from many manufacturers, but I've always preferred Fenders. They just naturally have the sound I'm looking for. Here are a few of the Fenders I try to keep from simply being wall art in my rec room. They all see regular live action.

Fender Precision American Deluxe

Fender 5 string Jazz Bass American Deluxe in Blue Burst

Fender Jazz American '75 Reissue in Natural Ash (currently my #1 ax)

Fender CIJ '51 Precision Reissue

Fender '69 Telecaster Bass (not original paint or bridge)

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 12, 2013 03:56

MrsHop => BEAUTIFUL!
jazzbass => Lot's of beauties!

I've got a 5-string Jazz Deluxe (vintage blonde?), a Fat Tele Deluxe and a US-1 Strat all of which I really enjoy. Oh yeah, there's a Squire Tele that lives next to the bed - others all live in the studio. Although the Jazz does make it to many gigs, I feel somewhat sad to admit that a Washburn 6-string is actually my primary gig bass for a number of various reasons.

Happy playing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 12, 2013 09:52

open-g
Mathijs
open-g
Fender has a bunch of "new" Telecasters also.

[www.fender.com]

I'd like to testdrive the 50's Hot Rod with a Wide Range neck Humbucker. maybe it is nice.

The new FWRH is actually a standard PAF type humbucker with a wider casing.

Mathijs

I know. that's why I said I'd like to testdrive it - maybe it sounds as good as this Mexico Deluxe.

what i don't get is why Fender doesn't push & re-issue their own designed CuNiFe WRH. they'd have lots of takers I suppose.

The CuNiFe material is expensive (it needs extra heat treatments) and difficult to mill and process, so the pickup will be too expensive to be a run of the mill pickup.

Mathijs

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: September 16, 2013 13:40

I actually want a Jazzmaster but as I'm lefthanded my only option is getting a Fender Japan one.

How is the quality of those Japanese issues these days ?

Cheers,
Jimmy

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2013 16:13

vinckske
I actually want a Jazzmaster but as I'm lefthanded my only option is getting a Fender Japan one.

How is the quality of those Japanese issues these days ?

Cheers,
Jimmy

The quality of my CIJ Mustang is pretty solid.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1807
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home