Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Re: OT: NEW-OLD FENDER GUITARS
Posted by: MrsHop ()
Date: September 12, 2013 00:42

Hi All. Sorry I hardly ever 'speak' on here- but get me on guitars & well......LOL. Nice to see some of the more 'aquired taste' Fenders on here :-).I LOVE Jag's- probably because I have small hands (?). Here's my '63. It's all original, except for an old body overspray & the felt on the mute. I'm not a 'guitar snob' btw- it's a working instrument- not an ornament. I also have a black US '62 reissue Jag on reserve, which sounds just as good, but the neck is NOTHING LIKE the old one. I have nothing against the Japanese reissues- I've owned several & they were always beautifully built. Don't know what they're like now, but the pickups used to be really microphonic.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 00:56 by MrsHop.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 12, 2013 02:27

I have a variety of basses from many manufacturers, but I've always preferred Fenders. They just naturally have the sound I'm looking for. Here are a few of the Fenders I try to keep from simply being wall art in my rec room. They all see regular live action.

Fender Precision American Deluxe

Fender 5 string Jazz Bass American Deluxe in Blue Burst

Fender Jazz American '75 Reissue in Natural Ash (currently my #1 ax)

Fender CIJ '51 Precision Reissue

Fender '69 Telecaster Bass (not original paint or bridge)

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 12, 2013 03:56

MrsHop => BEAUTIFUL!
jazzbass => Lot's of beauties!

I've got a 5-string Jazz Deluxe (vintage blonde?), a Fat Tele Deluxe and a US-1 Strat all of which I really enjoy. Oh yeah, there's a Squire Tele that lives next to the bed - others all live in the studio. Although the Jazz does make it to many gigs, I feel somewhat sad to admit that a Washburn 6-string is actually my primary gig bass for a number of various reasons.

Happy playing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: September 12, 2013 09:52

open-g
Mathijs
open-g
Fender has a bunch of "new" Telecasters also.

[www.fender.com]

I'd like to testdrive the 50's Hot Rod with a Wide Range neck Humbucker. maybe it is nice.

The new FWRH is actually a standard PAF type humbucker with a wider casing.

Mathijs

I know. that's why I said I'd like to testdrive it - maybe it sounds as good as this Mexico Deluxe.

what i don't get is why Fender doesn't push & re-issue their own designed CuNiFe WRH. they'd have lots of takers I suppose.

The CuNiFe material is expensive (it needs extra heat treatments) and difficult to mill and process, so the pickup will be too expensive to be a run of the mill pickup.

Mathijs

Posted by: vinckske ()
Date: September 16, 2013 13:40

I actually want a Jazzmaster but as I'm lefthanded my only option is getting a Fender Japan one.

How is the quality of those Japanese issues these days ?

Cheers,
Jimmy

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 16, 2013 16:13

vinckske
I actually want a Jazzmaster but as I'm lefthanded my only option is getting a Fender Japan one.

How is the quality of those Japanese issues these days ?

Cheers,
Jimmy

The quality of my CIJ Mustang is pretty solid.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home