Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT -BB King/Frampton last night
Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: August 25, 2013 17:42

Saw the "Frampton Guitar Circus" last night in LA. Wonderful show if you have a chance - different guests each night (we had Dean Deleo from STP and Andy Summers last night) and 87-year-old BB King is a charmer. Peter's playing is terrific (still) and got to spend some time with him afterwards - still one of the nicest gentleman in the biz. I recommend the show if it comes to your town.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-25 17:42 by hbwriter.

Re: OT -BB King/Frampton last night
Date: August 25, 2013 18:20

I'm hoping the show will come to Toronto. I'm checking the schedules!

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 25, 2013 18:24

Will Peter be the next guest in Music, Chris? smiling smiley

Date: August 25, 2013 18:39

Torres
Will Peter be the next guest in Music, Chris? smiling smiley

already had him on! smiling smiley

[webtalkradio.net]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 25, 2013 21:03

Thanks hb! Must have been a great show, especially with those guest artists. I've always loved both Frampton and BB King. Framptons instrumental "cornerstones" with Charlie and Wyman was real treat. I will try to get tickets for the perfomance at the Saratoga Mountain Winery.

Would love to get a run down of the set list as well as what Peter had to say. peace

Date: August 25, 2013 21:42

NL- i think you'll like the show - i believe richard thompson is the guest up there -

peter hits some good songs- doobie wah, lines on my face, do you feel, show me the way, money - my favorite song of his has long been lines on my face - after the show i met his first wife, mary, whom he said he wrote it about - cool moment

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 25, 2013 21:48

Thanks hb. I'm ON it. peace

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: August 26, 2013 02:22

Those two on the same bill would make for a great show.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 26, 2013 10:13

Frampton's also been playing on David Letterman with Paul Schaffer's band, which is fun. I saw BB @ the New Orleans Jazz Festival early 70s, and he headlined the whole shebang! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: August 26, 2013 12:36

I think Frampton also has something to do with the forthcoming Humble Pie complete Fillmore concerts 4cd set.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 26, 2013 14:05

Peter has always been a good guitar player. He was brilliant with Bowie on the Glass Spider show. I've seen him once fairly recently & it was quite enjoyable. Having BB is a plus. He still brings it. That's seeing history. I was really hoping he'd play with the Stones in LV. Not putting down Katy Perry but BB obviously would've been way better. PS: BB gave me a guitar pick once. Treasure!

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 26, 2013 15:32

Except for the Glass Spider show (which I walked out on) I hadn't seen Frampton since '76. He brought the guitar circus to my town a couple months ago and it was fabulous. I'd forgotten what a brilliant guitarist he was and his band was superb. Robert Cray (zzz) opened and the special guest was Steve Cropper. He even explained that he was playing the same black Gibson as the one he's holding on Frampton Comes Alive. He said it had "gone missing" in 1980 and he got it back 32 years later!

Date: August 26, 2013 22:41

R
Except for the Glass Spider show (which I walked out on) I hadn't seen Frampton since '76. He brought the guitar circus to my town a couple months ago and it was fabulous. I'd forgotten what a brilliant guitarist he was and his band was superb. Robert Cray (zzz) opened and the special guest was Steve Cropper. He even explained that he was playing the same black Gibson as the one he's holding on Frampton Comes Alive. He said it had "gone missing" in 1980 and he got it back 32 years later!
\

when i interviewed him last year, he told me the guitar story - it is amazing - [www.rockpopinfo.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1950
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home