Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best performance ever of the Stones
Posted by: buffalo81 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 07:54

Do you agree?

From my videoteque.

Re: Best performance ever of the Stones
Posted by: dougie ()
Date: August 24, 2013 08:31

Wow! Great stuff!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:03

Holy mother of God. MORE PLEASE!!!! And, yes, I agree!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:04

Granted, I haven't watched the clip (I want to, I'm just not in a Rambler mood), but I can't imagine in their 50 year career, the best clip is Midnight Rambler from 1989. Can't imagine its top 10 either. Might be your favorite, but I can't imagine its the BEST.

Having said that, my clip is even LATER in their career, so also most likely not their best. Most definitely not their best. But the version of Satisfaction from London 2003. Twickenham on the 4 Flicks DVD. Mick Jagger does this run at the end all the way across the stage and its just incredible. The band is just on, and seeing them older it makes me think "yeah, they are f*$%ing amazing, and they've always been f@#$ing amazing." There's this rush when I see it of they don't have to do it, yet they do, and it still sounds so good. So watching it in that perspective, its just a good reminder to me that with the Stones its always possible they'll blow you away, even after 50 years.

Posted by: buffalo81 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:20

RollingFreak
Granted, I haven't watched the clip (I want to, I'm just not in a Rambler mood), but I can't imagine in their 50 year career, the best clip is Midnight Rambler from 1989. Can't imagine its top 10 either. Might be your favorite, but I can't imagine its the BEST.

Having said that, my clip is even LATER in their career, so also most likely not their best. Most definitely not their best. But the version of Satisfaction from London 2003. Twickenham on the 4 Flicks DVD. Mick Jagger does this run at the end all the way across the stage and its just incredible. The band is just on, and seeing them older it makes me think "yeah, they are f*$%ing amazing, and they've always been f@#$ing amazing." There's this rush when I see it of they don't have to do it, yet they do, and it still sounds so good. So watching it in that perspective, its just a good reminder to me that with the Stones its always possible they'll blow you away, even after 50 years.
In my opinion the Taylor era was the best. But i found this gig as the best for this song. And i ve heard many performances with Taylor. This in clear and timeless imho. Thanks for your colaboration!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: August 24, 2013 09:58

buffalo81
Do you agree?

That shirt is a little too short for him.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: August 24, 2013 16:40

Perhaps I'm not in the mood - or just overdosed. But it doesn't move me . .

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: August 24, 2013 16:44

I do love some atlantic city 1989 but if were takling about one of the best performances here is my list

5 Hampton 1981
4 Live In Texas 1978
3 Ladies and Gentlemen The Rolling Stones
2 Glastonbury 2013
1 Brussels 1973 First Show

Posted by: ComeOn ()
Date: August 24, 2013 16:56

No I don`t agree , but it`s a nice version though . Keith is really kickin it and even Bill is nearly dancing and the harp sounds nice ...eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: August 24, 2013 17:02

Too much Chuck.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: August 24, 2013 17:40

It's great, but best performance ever?

How about best performance from '89/'90? That I could subscribe to.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: August 24, 2013 18:09

Not a fan of that version but fun to watch once. Chuck's piano is way too loud in the mix and his playing is far too busy and 'happy' for Rambler.

Live In Texas 78 is the best document of the Stones ever created. The complete Paradiso gig from 95 would be very close!

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: August 24, 2013 18:41

Go to 6;10 into this video and listen to this jamming at the end of Satisfaction, absolutely hypnotic and just brilliant.

Posted by: benon again ()
Date: August 24, 2013 23:40

yes , i agree

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 25, 2013 00:04

thabo
Go to 6;10 into this video and listen to this jamming at the end of Satisfaction, absolutely hypnotic and just brilliant.

thumbs up

Posted by: BJPortugal ()
Date: August 25, 2013 00:13

thabo

smileys with beersmiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2349
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home