Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Still a Fool
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:00

I listened to the Stones vrsion of this again last night. I never really paid much attention to it before. What can people tell me about it? for example,

1) Where and when was it recorded

2) Who played the guitars

3) who produced it? I like how the vocals are sort of distorted

4) Was it the precursor to Midnight Rambler?

Re: Still a Fool
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:14

'68 at Keith's Redlands estate, I believe. Definitely KR on guitar (doubtful that Brian was there).

The '95 Paradiso live version is quite similar to this one, too. Jagger and KR are in fine form on it.

Posted by: bruno ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:18

Zentgraf lists it as recorded at the Olimpic sessions in may'68:

"13th - 23rd May: London, Olympic Sound Studios. Producer: Jimmy Miller. Sound engineer: Glyn Johns. Sessions partially without BJ (notably on the 23rd )"

I suppose the guitars are played by Keith, maybe Brian wasn't so stoned he could play something, too.

Precursor of Midnight Rambler?? Well, I see it only as a Muddy Waters cover, but somewhat the dark feel can relate to MR, too. About the vocals, maybe Mick sang it through a harp mic... Hope somebody could help.

[There'll be no wedding today...]

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: April 20, 2005 19:56

It sounds like there are 2 guitars playing and I wasn't sure if Keith played all the guitars. What disc can I get the Pardiso version from?

Also, I thought they used this as an insipartion to the break in Midnight Rambler. The slow part of MR on 69 Hyde Park version reminds me of Still a Fool.

Keith of course is completely straight

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home