Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Chris Robinson covers "No Expectations"
Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:55

Just scored tickets for tomorrow's Crowe's Halloween show at the Riviera in Chicago. Small venue and tickets are 44 dollars! This is a great way to say thanks to the fans. They just pulled out The Kinks Powerman a few days ago.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: November 1, 2013 22:56

Sweet whitem8! Hope you have a great time! Wish I could be there for that!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: November 1, 2013 23:04

tnx mr_dja!

Date: November 3, 2013 18:27

Great show last night with quite a few heavy nuggets! The Crowes did a sublimely beautiful version of Wild Horses! Fantastic! Then a great Last Time, very heavy and grungy. Great show!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: November 4, 2013 02:09

Your 100% right keefriffhard200987676353.

Black Crowes in Colorado
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:43

They are playing times this week out here in Colorado, going to see 2 of the shows and am hoping they play a few Stones tunes. This tour they've been covering multiple Stones songs each night. Always enjoy how the Crowes cover Stones tunes.

Re: Black Crowes in Colorado
Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: November 11, 2013 23:59

I saw them twice last week in Chicago, 1st night they opened with Torn & Frayed and 2nd night they encored with Wild Horses and The Last Time. As I was leaving the show I had to pass by the Aragon to get on the train and I smiled thinking about the fact that I got to see the Stones themselves play Torn & Frayed there over ten years ago on the Licks tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-11-12 00:01 by mnewman505.

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: November 12, 2013 00:22

I think The Crowes are turning into a coverband. The have some really nice songs but their sound is not unique like The Stones or Springsteen. But to play 9 out of 10 show 3,4 songs from other artists is too much IMO

Date: November 12, 2013 00:28

I hear what your saying about the covers, but bands that constantly playing live or bands that play completely different set lists each night tend to do this more. Allman Brothers do so many covers when they play now, sometimes wholes sets of other band's songs. Phish does this as well.

Re: The Black Crowes
Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: November 14, 2013 04:19

Saw them Monday in Boulder, covers included an opening Let it Bleed and later in the set Dylan's Mighty Quinn.

All in all, a great show.

Date: November 15, 2013 01:27

Agreed jabhead great show, and the venue was great. Only 500 people and general admission!

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: November 15, 2013 20:10

Saw them in Chicago and its super cool these tiny venues they are playing in, the sound is great and the set list variation is awesome. Crowes don't have nearly the amount of hits the Stones do but they sprinkle them around nicely and seem to please all types of fans in the crowd.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1784
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home