Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7
Re: The King OF BEERS !
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: August 20, 2013 21:55

michaelsavage
Bud is #1

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Re: OT: The King OF BEERS !
Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: August 20, 2013 22:18

and I would say Pabst BR 2nd best.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: August 20, 2013 22:39

Mr Savage, could you elaborate a bit on what makes Budweiser so special. Which characteristics makes it the number one beer in the world according to you? What does it have that other beer lacks?

Date: August 20, 2013 23:05

Stoneage
Mr Savage, could you elaborate a bit on what makes Budweiser so special. Which characteristics makes it the number one beer in the world according to you? What does it have that other beer lacks?

It's probably a DONE DEAL!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: August 20, 2013 23:21

michaelsavage
Plus to your point Heineken tastes way better in Ireland, than the USA. So point taken!

thumbs up I bought me ones a six pack Heineken in the US (as we called export beer "green bottles") it tasted awful...............

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: August 21, 2013 00:31

" I've bought a bottle of the Export variety they love so much over there. Goodness, it's strong." I'm intrigued. I shall have to see if I can procure a bottle for testing...

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: August 21, 2013 02:43

NICOS
michaelsavage
Plus to your point Heineken tastes way better in Ireland, than the USA. So point taken!

thumbs up I bought me ones a six pack Heineken in the US (as we called export beer "green bottles") it tasted awful...............

I think it spoils quickly. For some reason if you buy those min-kegs (get about 14 beers out of it) it seems a lot fresher and better tasting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 02:45 by kovach.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: August 21, 2013 03:03

Deltics
michaelsavage
Bud is #1

Brilliant!!!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 21, 2013 04:43

ChrisM
" I've bought a bottle of the Export variety they love so much over there. Goodness, it's strong." I'm intrigued. I shall have to see if I can procure a bottle for testing...

It's called 'Guinness Foreign Extra Stout'. It's abv is 7.5%. In some markets, however, it's a little weaker. Wherever you get it's a lot more potent than the usual variety.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: August 21, 2013 07:51

I had an ex-girlfriend who works for Anheuser-Busch, and the "King of Beers" slogan comes from centuries ago when (in Europe) the brand was called "The beer of kings."
It was switched around for the American market.

Posted by: walkingthedog ()
Date: August 21, 2013 10:36

Belgian beer is the best! (I'm neutral, I'm a Norwegian)
Try Leffe Blonde or Leffe Brune, both excellent.

[en.wikipedia.org]

These days there are literally thousands of very good microbreweries
around. This is a very good Norwegian one :

[www.nogne-o.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-21 10:43 by walkingthedog.

Date: August 31, 2013 07:06

Warning: Molson Canadian Wheat Beer should not be consumed by any child, teenager or adult who holds any value upon their beverage of choice. It's piss-water personified. Eughhh... I'm going to be cleaning my teeth for a goddamn month!!!

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: August 31, 2013 08:00

Yuengling Black and Tan is my favorite common beer. But my ultimate is Guinness on tap which unfortunately get pasteurized first for the USA market. Was not like this a while ago. Then it was my ultimate upon ultimates

Is there a Guinness heiress I can marry?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 31, 2013 08:27

kovach
NICOS
michaelsavage

I think it spoils quickly. For some reason if you buy those min-kegs (get about 14 beers out of it) it seems a lot fresher and better tasting.

Green glass doesn't work, just like clear glass. It needs to be brown to not spoil the beer. Green doesn't work.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: September 1, 2013 10:45

Ket
Deltics
michaelsavage
Bud is #1

Brilliant!!!!

very cool! cool smiley

Date: September 1, 2013 10:49

triceratops
Yuengling Black and Tan is my favorite common beer. But my ultimate is Guinness on tap which unfortunately get pasteurized first for the USA market. Was not like this a while ago. Then it was my ultimate upon ultimates

Is there a Guinness heiress I can marry?

Used to know the Anheuser-Busch heiress whose marriage @ the time broke up fast (happens when a guy marries for the greenbacks) but that's not close enough for you! smileys with beer

Date: September 1, 2013 10:58

Stoneage
Sorry, I just felt for a bit of anti-americanism... I know you got great beers and real coffee too. But many seem to prefer the watered down versions. For whatever reason...

ever try the New Orleans French Market coffee? My mother-in-law called it 'the coffee that walks by itself.' Try it black! Powerful stuff. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: sandandglue ()
Date: September 1, 2013 23:21

They couldn't market themselves out of a paper bag in Europe but Japan's Kirin Ichiban is beautiful. Just the right side of heaven for me.
Fosters is 'orrid. Bud tastes watered down and Heineken tastes like Amsterdam smells .. not that that's always a good thing.

Date: September 1, 2013 23:29

sandandglue

Fosters is 'orrid. Bud tastes watered down and Heineken tastes like Amsterdam smells .. not that that's always a good thing.

Well, draught Budweiser has been 'watered-down' in the U.K. It used to have an a.b.v. of 5% (like the bottled and canned varieties) but is now around 4.5% The same has happened with Stella as well, sadly.

Fosters has always been ''orrid', ha-ha. Whether it's the weaker British variety or the stronger Export variant.

Heineken and Amstel are not favourites of mine, but the former gets the nod.

Grolsh is, in my opinion, one of the more preferable lagers. Inoffensive with the desired alcohol kick.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 2, 2013 18:06

owlbynite
Stoneage
Sorry, I just felt for a bit of anti-americanism... I know you got great beers and real coffee too. But many seem to prefer the watered down versions. For whatever reason...

ever try the New Orleans French Market coffee? My mother-in-law called it 'the coffee that walks by itself.' Try it black! Powerful stuff. >grinning smiley<

Mixed with chickory, good stuff!

Date: September 3, 2013 02:29

Bus is #1 for a reason.

Pabst is real good

Date: September 3, 2013 09:11

kovach
owlbynite
Stoneage

Mixed with chickory, good stuff!

yeah, good stuff. Downed with a famous French Market beniet (SP?) a little taste of heaven. Nice the coffee sells nationwide in grocery stores! cool smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 3, 2013 14:11

From beer to coffee...my kind of thread.

It's spelled beignet Owlbynite and I wish I had one right now. I once tried to make them, actually bought a deep fryer just for the occasion. They weren't bad, but I think I was covered in powdered sugar for a week afterwards. smiling smiley

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 3, 2013 19:22

Big Al
sandandglue

Well, draught Budweiser has been 'watered-down' in the U.K. It used to have an a.b.v. of 5% (like the bottled and canned varieties) but is now around 4.5% The same has happened with Stella as well, sadly.

Fosters has always been ''orrid', ha-ha. Whether it's the weaker British variety or the stronger Export variant.

Heineken and Amstel are not favourites of mine, but the former gets the nod.

Grolsh is, in my opinion, one of the more preferable lagers. Inoffensive with the desired alcohol kick.

From the standpoint of alcohol content Budweiser in the USA has not been watered down, but I can say with a high degree of certainty that the flavor of Budwesier is noticeably milder than it was just a few years ago. The InBev buy out of Anheuser Busch resulted in significant changes to not only the flagship brew Budwesier, but to other beers as well in the InBev catalogue. There are many to name but for the sake of simple examples I can point to:
Budwesier
Rolling Rock
Becks(now brewed at AB St Louis for NA consumption)

Try a taste taste. Bud now tastes like yeasty fizz water as does Rolling Rock. These beers are almost identical in taste, aroma, and appearance in their current offering. Almost zero hop character, and only mild malt sweetness. Basically light flavor fizz with alcohol.

InBev's treatment of Becks is the greatest abomination of all. Once a decent import German lager this is now a watered down imitation brewed in the US by AB InBev. The label looks almost identical to the old one, except in fine print it says brewed in the US. Too be honest this "new" Becks reminds me of what Michelob used to taste like back in the 60's and 70's when that brew was the AB premium beer in the USA.

Make no mistake. InBev is about homogenous products with only the name separating the brands. The recent acquistion of remaining Gruppo Modello shares by AB InBev a few months ago completes the basic takeover of a big chunk of big brewing in North America. One can only cringe to think what InBev will do to a beauty like Negro Modello.

AB InBev suck. Do not buy their products if you have a choice.Thankfully, we do have a choice with the beers we consume.

Date: September 3, 2013 22:12

I love Bud

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: September 3, 2013 22:32

michaelsavage
I love Bud

WOW, a beer troll!

Date: September 3, 2013 23:00

filstan
michaelsavage
I love Bud

WOW, a beer troll!

Yep!
He'll particularly like this.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 4, 2013 00:48

ROCKMAN

Posted by: jjo ()
Date: September 4, 2013 16:18

Bud is best, If I want a heineken, I'll leave a bottle of beer out in the sun for three days until it smells like dirty underwear!

Date: September 4, 2013 22:50

BUD IS best!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 3 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home