Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 67
Re: OT: Paul McCartney - "New" album and other Macca stuff
Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: November 3, 2020 18:44

What an utterly useless review of the new album in Rolling Stone. Macca could fart for 45 minutes and they would ooh and ahh.

Drew

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 3, 2020 19:07

They do the same fawning over the Stones - A Bigger Bang received a 4.5 of 5, and even more bizarre Mick's Goddess in the Doorway received a perfect 5 of 5.

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 4, 2020 04:10

Jimmy McCulloch left Wings in 1977.
He briefly joined the Small Faces and the Wild Horses, but died suddenly on September 27, 1979, due in part to a drug overdose; he was only 26 years old.

In 1979, I was working as a freelancer, and as I wrote earlier, I went to London in December for a meeting to see a concert in order to fulfill my mission as publicist for the Wings' Japan tour in January 1980.
In the dressing room, Mr. Brawley brought in a small, middle-aged man who said,
"There's someone here who wants to see Haruko."
He was not a man of suitable grooming for the Wings' dressing room. 'This is Jimmy, that Jimmy's father,' I gasped.

The man who smelled of alcohol, Papa Jimmy, said to me in his accented English.
"You must be Haruko. My son said to me, 'I became a friend with a Japanese journalist, she's a nice woman who likes rock music.' Is this you? " He pulled a wrinkled photo out of his pocket.
If I hadn't had people around me I would have held the little man in my arms and sobbed. He showed me a snapshot of me that Jimmy had taken of me on a cruise in Sydney Harbour.
I told Papa Jimmy what a great guitarist he was and how much fun I'd had during my two weeks in Australia.

Then I heard that Papa Jimmy also passed away in 2010. Jimmy lost his talented son when he was only 26 years old, so I guess that's how he was looking for proof of his son's life.
I intuitively thought that Paul's management was supporting his father's life in some way.
I still regret not being able to see the sadness hidden beneath the smiling face of Jimmy McCulloch, a prodigious guitarist but poor at coping his life.

Text by Haruko Minakami

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: November 4, 2020 11:06

Hairball
They do the same fawning over the Stones - A Bigger Bang received a 4.5 of 5, and even more bizarre Mick's Goddess in the Doorway received a perfect 5 of 5.

sad smiley

Posted by: paulspendel ()
Date: November 4, 2020 11:47

A very touching tribute.

Posted by: ukcal ()
Date: November 5, 2020 14:48

England back in Lockdown until 2nd Dec, McCartney IV anyone?, come on Paul!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: November 5, 2020 17:51

Nice story about Jimmy and his father. He was really a talent. I think he sang both "Medicine Jar" and "Wino Junko", so maybe Paul was trying to tell him something.

Love that line from Junior's Farm, "Take me down, Jimmy"....

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 6, 2020 01:42

Here is Jimmy:
[www.bing.com]
Rockandroll,
Mops

Posted by: jahisnotdead ()
Date: November 13, 2020 15:27

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/paul-mccartney-taylor-swift-musicians-on-musicians-1089058/

Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift interviewing each other in a fairly interesting conversation. I wonder if they would ever collaborate on something together, they seem to get along well.

I found it cool that Paul started McCartney 3 after doing a little music for a film, which is a strange parallel to the past. Paul wrote a couple of melodies for a film called "The Family Way" as his first real solo work before his first full solo album, McCartney 1.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 18, 2020 20:36

Four new CD editions, each contains a unique ‘secret’ demo bonus track. This will give collectors four new McCartney tracks, available only from McCartney’s online store - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Date: November 18, 2020 23:08

Irix

Four new CD editions, each contains a unique ‘secret’ demo bonus track. This will give collectors four new McCartney tracks, available only from McCartney’s online store - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Thanks for the update. I can't tell if the standard white CD and the color coded with bonus track white CD are the same or not. Oh well, I can't blame him for going for the collectors, and it's a plus that he's offering cheaper versions of the four special edition CD's. Too bad this wasn't offered earlier. I've already pre-ordered mine.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 18, 2020 23:20

Not sure I want to go through this whole thread, but have any tracks from the upcoming album been released yet?

Date: November 18, 2020 23:25

jahisnotdead

I can't tell if the standard white CD and the color coded with bonus track white CD are the same or not.

Secret demo edition McCartney III white cover store-exclusive CD: [Shop.PaulMcCartney.com] , [ShopUK.PaulMcCartney.com] .

Date: November 18, 2020 23:45

peoplewitheyes

Not sure I want to go through this whole thread, but have any tracks from the upcoming album been released yet?

Doesn't look like, there seems also no definite Tracklist available yet. The posts about McCartney III start here: [iorr.org] .

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: November 18, 2020 23:59

Thanks Irix

Date: November 19, 2020 00:13

Irix

That's incredibly cool, and while I'm not a collector who needs every colored edition, nor even a fan of much of Pauls latter era solo work, that blue version at only $7.33 looks quite tempting.
Imagine if other bands such as (fill in the blank) did something this cool and creative for the fans...hopefully someday they will.
Hats off to Paul - after all these years still blazing trails just like the Beatles did...thumbs up

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 19, 2020 01:42

Ok. I imagined if other bands (filled in the blank winking smiley ) did this.

In my imagination, the cries of "milking it" and wails of "I have to buy all four cd's to get all the tracks?!!?" were numerous.
Along with comments like "Why didn't they just put them all on a deluxe version" and "greedy bastards" etc.
"Embarrassing to do that just to try to get #1" was also featured prominently.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 19, 2020 01:45

Irix

Oh bloody hell, the record companies are desperate to do anything to sell some more copies nowadays. I wonder if the whole physical record industry relies totally on the seemingly endless pockets of collectors. Well, let us hope this helps Macca to get his number one.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-11-19 01:48 by Doxa.

Date: November 19, 2020 06:50

I doubt the small number of collectors who need all four copies will have any impact on the chart success of this new album.
Then again, you can never underestimate the overwhelming impact The Beatles and Paul have had on the music industry and the world itself - there's probably millions of diehard collectors!
Either way, having a #1 these days is somewhat meaningless and doesn't have the same significance for an artist as it used to.
When David Gilmour can get a #1 by giving away a free cd w/every concert ticket purchased, something's not right.

Date: November 19, 2020 14:59

Irix
jahisnotdead

I can't tell if the standard white CD and the color coded with bonus track white CD are the same or not.

Secret demo edition McCartney III white cover store-exclusive CD: [Shop.PaulMcCartney.com] , [ShopUK.PaulMcCartney.com] .

So, as far as I can tell, there are three versions of the white CD alone.

Secret Demo Edition for 7.33
Deluxe Edition for 14.33
"Standard" for 13.33

I can't for the life of me figure out the difference between the Secret Demo and the Deluxe. Descriptions seem to be the same.

Ah well. If they're going that nuts with marketing, hopefully they'll package a version with all the bonus tracks on one disc. I'll be able to hear them on YouTube eventually, but it would be nice to have them all together on a cd.

Date: November 19, 2020 21:50

jahisnotdead

If they're going that nuts with marketing, hopefully they'll package a version with all the bonus tracks on one disc.

Maybe later on - similar to the Explorer’s Edition of Egypt Station.

The first goal with McCIII is the #1: "It has been over 30 years since a Paul McCartney studio album hit number one in the UK album charts, and the ex-Beatle is hoping to change that next month by tempting fans to buy multiple CD editions of his forthcoming album McCartney III." - [www.SuperDeluxeEdition.com] .

Posted by: NilsHolgersson ()
Date: November 19, 2020 21:55

It's been delayed from 11 dec to 18 dec

Posted by: jbwelda ()
Date: November 19, 2020 23:53

Keef's birthday!

And Bobby Keys (sadly RIP)

I threw down for the four cheap cds with the bonus tracks. I figured, how can you go wrong, bonus tracks only available there (we will see about that, sounds doubtful), only available through the store, and fairly cheap, eh, worth the "investment". If I like the music (historically not a given at all) that will be a bonus. Probably be worth a million in the future (million what...that is the question).

Still, I will support the idea of releasing music through his store only.

jb

Date: November 20, 2020 16:20

Similar to the Stones did Universal Music also release streaming-only EPs by Paul McCartney:

'Home' - (13-11-2020) - [open.Spotify.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Qobuz.com]

'Holidays' - (20-11-2020) - [open.Spotify.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Qobuz.com]

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: November 20, 2020 19:40

Irix
Similar to the Stones did Universal Music also release streaming-only EPs by Paul McCartney:

'Home' - (13-11-2020) - [open.Spotify.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Qobuz.com]

'Holidays' - (20-11-2020) - [open.Spotify.com] , [Music.Apple.com] , [www.Qobuz.com]

Saw that..

Once again, The Stones lead the way winking smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: November 24, 2020 08:35

McCartney III
Japanese special edition comes with
SHM-CD format
4 bonus tracks
Calendar 2021
Analog LP size jacket (Amazon original benefit)

Calendar and LP size jacket are first come first served basis and will end when they are gone.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 24, 2020 14:10

When I saw the pics of the CDs, my first thought was ‘Tumbling Dice’. Geeeeez, are the Beatles and the Stones still ripping each other off, nearly 60 years later? grinning smiley

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 24, 2020 15:05

SomeTorontoGirl
When I saw the pics of the CDs, my first thought was ‘Tumbling Dice’. Geeeeez, are the Beatles and the Stones still ripping each other off, nearly 60 years later? grinning smiley

Very good shout actually STG! No doubt Paul & Mick will have a good laugh about that. thumbs up

Date: November 24, 2020 15:06

Toru A
McCartney III
Japanese special edition comes with
SHM-CD format
4 bonus tracks
Calendar 2021
Analog LP size jacket (Amazon original benefit)

Calendar and LP size jacket are first come first served basis and will end when they are gone.

I'll be curious to see if those four bonus tracks are the bonus tracks from the four color CD set. Paul usually has exclusive tracks for Japan. It would be cool if there were eight (or more) bonus tracks in all for this release.

Date: November 24, 2020 15:50

Toru A

McCartney III Japanese special edition

News: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] , UICY-15964: [www.Universal-Music.co.jp] .

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 67

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1631
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home