Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bravado Stones shop : rewriting history ?
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:16

Isn't someone missing ? smiling smiley

[www.shopbravado.com]

Re: Bravado Stones shop : rewriting history ?
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:18

The someone didn't like it anymore. So he vanished on the shirt. Pretty easy...but sad in one way.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:21

Black Sabbath is doing that with Bill Ward too. Sad.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: August 8, 2013 14:22

Keith's hair? some 60% of the body weight of 2013 Taylor?grinning smiley

Posted by: R ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:47

I ordered a NYC 50th show shirt last November, a week before I saw the Brooklyn show. It arrived.... TWO WEEKS AGO!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 8, 2013 16:56

This airbrushing of Wyman is becoming more and more frequent. I'm beginning to thunk it's a bit of an 'in-joke' Wyman probably has a chuckle every time. I

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: August 8, 2013 17:09

They already started signing off on that kind of stuff back in 1969. Let It Bleed cover featuring 1967 era photos of the stones on the record label with a 1969 Taylor photo stuck in.

Tacky.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: August 8, 2013 21:14

Yeah... Where's Darryl?!

(P.S.: anybody considering the possibility that it might be Wyman himself making it impossible for the stones to use pictures that include him - f.i. by simply refusing it, or asking ludicrous amounts of money in return?!?)

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 8, 2013 22:10

Where's Woody ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: August 8, 2013 22:20

RoughJusticeOnYa
anybody considering the possibility that it might be Wyman himself making it impossible for the stones to use pictures that include him

Yes, I already posted that in a thread about this very same subject a couple of weeks ago, for which I am too lazy to find out which thread it was smiling smiley

-------------------

Date: August 8, 2013 22:27

Rolling Hansie
RoughJusticeOnYa
anybody considering the possibility that it might be Wyman himself making it impossible for the stones to use pictures that include him

Yes, I already posted that in a thread about this very same subject a couple of weeks ago, for which I am too lazy to find out which thread it was smiling smiley

If Bill Wyman is so fed up with the Stones thig then how come his Kensington restaurant looks like the MFcking shrine for this band?

Date: August 8, 2013 22:41

Wroclaw
If Bill Wyman is so fed up with the Stones

I never said that, so I wouldn't know

-------------------

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 8, 2013 22:43

....maybe Bill's around the back....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: August 8, 2013 23:06

Date: August 8, 2013 23:10

Nice picture

-------------------

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: August 8, 2013 23:40

RoughJusticeOnYa
anybody considering the possibility that it might be Wyman himself making it impossible for the stones to use pictures that include him - f.i. by simply refusing it, or asking ludicrous amounts of money in return?!?)

If you look online, there are still T-shirts with Bill Wyman as part of the 60s band available:

At the merch stand for the show I went to on this tour, there were two different T-shirts with Bill Wyman on front. One was a mid-60s head shot photo, and the other was a mustard yellow shirt with a photo from the Steel Wheels era where it is actually Charlie that is "airbrushed" out--well, not exactly, Mick is standing in front of the drum kit so that you can't see Charlie, but Bill is there pictured clearly on the right. And as this is official Stones merchandise, you can be certain that Bill has authorized it and is receiving a cut--unless they have "airbrushed" him out of the merchandising deal without his knowledge.

But that Hyde Park photo that excludes Bill, I would never purchase that shirt. It's one thing that Bill is no longer part of the present band and hasn't been for some time, but to exclude him as if to rewrite history and say that he was never a part of the band, I think that displays a certain bitterness on someone in The Stones (Mick probably) who is controlling the merchandising aspect of Stones business. It's Mick's way of retaliating for the critical things Bill has said in the press toward both Mick personally and The Stones in general over the last decade.

Someone has got to communicate to the powers that be that such images are an affront to those who are fans of the band--who are fans of all versions of the band, past and present.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 8, 2013 23:57

Would royalties have anything to do with it? Ie, if Bill's likeness is used on a shirt, is he entitled to a larger percentage of any profit from it's sale than if his likeness is not used?

Date: August 9, 2013 00:07

I would think that airbrushing him out of that HP image above means that he is not included in that merchandising deal, as his likeness does not appear, so no royalties there--just Mick's way of severing as many ties as possible with Bill business-wise. Payment you see, for publicly complaining about his limited role in the O2 gigs.

He still gets royalties for the albums he was on--you can't go back and airbrush him off the original master tapes, as those sessions cannot be redone.

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: August 9, 2013 00:16

stonehearted
I would think that airbrushing him out of that HP image above means that he is not included in that merchandising deal, as his likeness does not appear, so no royalties there--just Mick's way of severing as many ties as possible with Bill business-wise. Payment you see, for publicly complaining about his limited role in the O2 gigs.

He still gets royalties for the albums he was on--you can't go back and airbrush him off the original master tapes, as those sessions cannot be redone.

I think your on the right lines, It could be Jagger's way of communicating that he wasn't happy with Bill's comments (which I must say, as I've said countless times, Wyman had a point about the 02 gigs, 10 mins was crap) but also there could be nothing more to it than the fact that Wyman wasn't involved so he wasn't put on the Hyde Park t-shirt.

The band have a history of airburshing him out but the fans haven't forgotten him, pretty much every Rhythm Kings gig I've been too 90% of the audience have Stones shirts on.

As to an earlier comment, I don't think Bill is fed up with the Stones just frustrated on occasions. He vents his frustrations to the press but even then when talking about the bands career and legacy he has a glint of pride in his eye.

Date: August 9, 2013 00:53

Rollin92
stonehearted

As to an earlier comment, I don't think Bill is fed up with the Stones just frustrated on occasions. He vents his frustrations to the press but even then when talking about the bands career and legacy he has a glint of pride in his eye.

It would be more accurate to say that while his image is of that "old looking undertaker type of geezer who most likely also do not have much to say" he is much more, and I've wrote that before, in some way closer to the George Harrison type of person - cynical, sarcastic and ambivalent towards the "leader" of his former band. I recall several occasions where George Harrison was interviewed and asked about Paul McCartney's "current" career (but this was back in the 80s) and he gave the same wicked answers as Wyman did about the RS in some "laid-back" interviews I saw: especially when it came to tenderly mocking his former band mates for "pretending to have solo careers buy playing Beatles/RS songs for half of the show". Wyman is a smart person and the only one of the surviving RS members who can coherently tell stories but seems like a reliable guy when doing so.

* I didnt mean he is fed up with the stones - on the contrary.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 9, 2013 00:56

I don't even think the Stones with Wyman as the same band. Bill got out at just the right moment. Remember when Keith was asked the best thing about Wyman, "Timing".

Date: August 9, 2013 01:02

Wroclaw
Rollin92
stonehearted

It would be more accurate to say that while his image is of that "old looking undertaker type of geezer who most likely also do not have much to say" he is much more, and I've wrote that before, in some way closer to the George Harrison type of person - cynical, sarcastic and ambivalent towards the "leader" of his former band. I recall several occasions where George Harrison was interviewed and asked about Paul McCartney's "current" career (but this was back in the 80s) and he gave the same wicked answers as Wyman did about the RS in some "laid-back" interviews I saw: especially when it came to tenderly mocking his former band mates for "pretending to have solo careers buy playing Beatles/RS songs for half of the show". Wyman is a smart person and the only one of the surviving RS members who can coherently tell stories but seems like a reliable guy when doing so.

* I didnt mean he is fed up with the stones - on the contrary.

thumbs up Very well put and a comparison that works tbh, both men make/made some sharp points but deep down love/loved the bands they were in

Date: August 9, 2013 01:04

24FPS
I don't even think the Stones with Wyman as the same band. Bill got out at just the right moment. Remember when Keith was asked the best thing about Wyman, "Timing".

I agree, Darryl is fking fantastic bassist but so is Wyman, in a very different way, the more Wyman bass lines I learn the more you realise that timing is everything with Bill, just look at SMU. I bought his signature bass 2 months ago, lovely, versatile instrument, even my mate who's a staunch Fender user has asked to use it at an upcoming gig.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: August 9, 2013 13:44

I think Bill's asked to have his image removed from current merchandise.

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: August 9, 2013 14:12

They did the same with my Miss You shirt too...

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: August 9, 2013 18:55

If it is Bill's wish to be excluded from the merchandise, then they could use different images for the t-shirts and stuff. That 69 photo is quite iconic, and it's very disrespectul - not only to Bill but to the band's legacy too - to manipulate it that way.

If people like Bill or not, or his current views and way of life, that's another story. Personally, I always admired him the most from all the members, and I consider him the most intelligent and interesting one.

Date: August 9, 2013 19:38

Torres
If it is Bill's wish to be excluded from the merchandise, then they could use different images for the t-shirts and stuff. That 69 photo is quite iconic, and it's very disrespectul - not only to Bill but to the band's legacy too - to manipulate it that way.

If people like Bill or not, or his current views and way of life, that's another story. Personally, I always admired him the most from all the members, and I consider him the most intelligent and interesting one.

Spot on, whether people like him or not he was a massive part of the band we love and their legacy. He's my favourite Stone, he's the reason I play bass.

Date: August 9, 2013 23:41

with sssoul
I think Bill's asked to have his image removed from current merchandise.

If that's true then it must have been in the last few weeks, because I picked one up as merch at a Stones show in June and there were two available.

I don't think Bill would want to write himself out of the history of the band, he just didn't want to go forward with the 50 & Counting shows as a mere guest.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: August 10, 2013 19:22

Rollin92
24FPS

I agree, Darryl is fking fantastic bassist but so is Wyman, in a very different way, the more Wyman bass lines I learn the more you realise that timing is everything with Bill, just look at SMU. I bought his signature bass 2 months ago, lovely, versatile instrument, even my mate who's a staunch Fender user has asked to use it at an upcoming gig.

That's awesome! Would you mind sharing a pick of the bass?

Date: August 10, 2013 20:22

jazzbass
Rollin92
24FPS

That's awesome! Would you mind sharing a pick of the bass?

I'm not sure how to upload pictures but here's a cover of 'I Wanna Get a Gun' from Monkey Grip which I recently did on the Wyman bass;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-08-10 20:23 by Rollin92.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2228
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home