Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Still Refuses An Autobiography
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: July 26, 2013 16:39

[www.thestarphoenix.com]

smoking smiley

"I've been asked again, but I still won't," he confirmed this month. "I found it depressing and boring."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 16:51 by Cocaine Eyes.

Re: Mick Still Refuses An Autobiography
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 26, 2013 18:51

just as well..

we know enough...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 26, 2013 19:04

duke richardson
just as well..

we know enough...

thumbs up

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: July 26, 2013 20:43

For Mick Jagger to say writing a book on his life would be "boring and depressing" is a laugh! This is the guy who the term "Rock Star" was coined for!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 26, 2013 20:50

ohcarol
For Mick Jagger to say writing a book on his life would be "boring and depressing" is a laugh! This is the guy who the term "Rock Star" was coined for!

I think he means he finds the process of writing about himself depressing and boring, particularly rehashing the past, which has never been a favorite thing of Mick's.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:00

Point taken.... but still!

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:06

I think he knows that he did things which can't be told now. You know, all the Bowie stuff and etc.

Mick never seems proud about his brutal abuse of drugs. He still says that he quit all drugs in early 70'. That's incredible, have you seen him in 75 or 81? He's like the cocaine man in those tours.

Maybe we will have Mick's memories in his 90 years old. Who knows. But not now, no way.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:12

Berry88
I think he knows that he did things which can't be told now. You know, all the Bowie stuff and etc.

Mick never seems proud about his brutal abuse of drugs. He still says that he quit all drugs in early 70'. That's incredible, have you seen him in 75 or 81? He's like the cocaine man in those tours.

Maybe we will have Mick's memories in his 90 years old. Who knows. But not now, no way.

all the Bowie stuff and etc.

lets hear about the 'and etc.'..

thats where the good stuff is..

Posted by: Berry88 ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:14

In fact, I don't think he was really angry about Keith's book. Keith didn't cross the line, in fact he said very nice things about Mick. He didn't say nothing really disturbing. Nothing which wasn't said after, the Cold War and all of that. I mean, Mick Jagger was ... well, you know, sixties, seventies and eighties were very open decades. I Keith probably knows a lot about that. I don't think he really betrayed their friendship, or whatever they have.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:18

If I had to guess, the only way we'll see an Autobiography by Mick is if he leaves one in a saftey deposit box and doesn't tell anyone about it until it's declared in his will. I think what so many people are forgetting is that Mick doesn't want to do it and until he does, it's not going to happen.

Not to hijack the thread, but when would you say was the last time Mick did something that he didn't want to? Drug trials in the 60's? Concert for the blind in Canada Keith HAD to do but everyone else CHOSE to help out Keith. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything Mick's done in the past 40+ years that someone could say he was "forced to" or had to do. He's only done what he wanted to do... Good work if you can get it!

Peace,
Mr. DJA

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:51

A Mick autobiography would be really anti-climactic

Especially for anyone wanting anything too juicy. He's far too private and guarded to do a book like that. Which isn't a bad thing on a personal level, but not what a publisher wants to hear.

His memory is notoriously bad, too. One of the reasons why he handed back the multi million pound advance that he got for his memoirs in the mid 80s. Its not something thats going to suddenly improve three decades later. Any autobiography with his name on it would need to have some serious proof reading and ghost writing done.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 26, 2013 21:55

I've always had my doubts about the bad memory excuse. He certainly seems to have a good memory when he wants to, given what he's said in recent interviews about the history of the band.

I think he just says that because he and doesn't want to dish about his private life. Completely understandable, imo.

Date: July 26, 2013 21:56

Berry88

Now that he's a "Sir" (and before) he doesn't want the drug stuff, the Bowie stuff, the movies ('Bent') where's he's in drag, the jail pics, the hanging about with junkies who admit it,the many children by various women, the non-marriage to Jerry, the knocking up of 'models', the Carla Bruni affair, the list is endless.

Mick's life has been eventful to say the least.

And I doubt we'll see a book from him when he's 90+.........

Look at the way he bites his nails when interviewed by Ed Bradley of "60 Minutes" when Ed talks about 'a certain air around you of androngeny'. Think of the sexy outtakes from "Performance" with him and Anita. Think of the way he keeps sniffing his nose on SNL in a skit with Jimmy Fallon (the one looking in the mirror......."put me in a bloody timecapsule".) Endless.eye popping smiley

Oh yeah, I've almost written the book for him!! We'll 'never make a saint of him'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 23:20 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:16

I don't think Mick will ever do a book and neither will Bowie. They have that much in common and for much the same reasons too. I respect them for it.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 26, 2013 22:23

Cocaine Eyes
Berry88

Now that he's a "Sir" (and before) he doesn't want the drug stuff, the Bowie stuff, the movies ('Bent') where's he's in drag, the jail pics, the hanging about with junkies who admit it,the many children by various women, the non-marriage to Jerry, the knocking up of 'models', the Carla Bruni affair, the list is endless.

Look at the way he bites his nails when interviewed by Ed Bradley of "60 Minutes" when Ed talks about 'a certain air around you of androngeny'. Think of the sexy outtakes from "Performance" with him and Anita. Think of the way he keeps sniffing his nose on SNL in a skit with Jimmy Fallon (the one looking in the mirror......."put me in a bloody timecapsule"). Endless.eye popping smiley

Oh yeah, I've almost written the book for him!! We'll 'never make a saint of him'.

Let's do it together: just about the music... The rest should remain right there where it is; in our minds and interpretations of what we think how he is.
And in his smoking smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: July 26, 2013 23:00

I think he will someday, even address some of the issues said here on the thread.

If nothing else, it would be great to see him expand on the writing of the songs, making the albums, and touch on the big news and tours and films, etc.

Oh yeah...what he thinks of Keith : )

Date: July 26, 2013 23:17

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes
Berry88

Look at the way he bites his nails when interviewed by Ed Bradley of "60 Minutes" when Ed talks about 'a certain air around you of androngeny'. Think of the sexy outtakes from "Performance" with him and Anita. Think of the way he keeps sniffing his nose on SNL in a skit with Jimmy Fallon (the one looking in the mirror......."put me in a bloody timecapsule"). Endless.eye popping smiley

Let's do it together: just about the music... The rest should remain right there where it is; in our minds and interpretations of what we think how he is.
And in his smoking smiley

YEAH!! Let's do it together for him!! grinning smiley

Response to a statement above - Mick's never done anything he didn't want to do. He does have free will.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-26 23:22 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: July 27, 2013 00:04

He's taking Robert Plant's advise.....Never do an autobiography.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:10

Gazza
A Mick autobiography would be really anti-climactic

Especially for anyone wanting anything too juicy. He's far too private and guarded to do a book like that. Which isn't a bad thing on a personal level, but not what a publisher wants to hear.

His memory is notoriously bad, too. One of the reasons why he handed back the multi million pound advance that he got for his memoirs in the mid 80s. Its not something thats going to suddenly improve three decades later. Any autobiography with his name on it would need to have some serious proof reading and ghost writing done.

Aretha is the same way. Her 'autobiography' was a bore and I love this woman.
But she is notoriously private and 'doesn't remember' about anything that matters.
She spends more time talking about how much she loves pig's feet and cooking soul food than recording at Muscle Shoals.
That's just the type of people they are, which is actually admirable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-27 02:11 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 27, 2013 02:17

Read Richard Hell's -- I Dreamed I was A Very Clever Tramp if
ya want Sex..Sex...Screwing..drugs.Sex..drugs.some more screwing and lil' bit about Punk

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 27, 2013 12:59

Maybe he's too ambitious and isn't satisfied with the usual cut and past ghostwriter deal with "juicy bits" as a selling trick? Maybe he actually wants to write the book himself?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 27, 2013 13:09

Or maybe it's just his Peter Pan complex? Looking back makes him feel old which is the last thing he wants to be. He's a rock star and rock stars must stay forever young...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 27, 2013 13:12

A Mick autobiog would be a VERY selective flash through the past.

"Respectable" Sir Mick doesn't have much in common with old Mick.

No way is Mick going to tell all.

It wouldn't be a great book.

It could be a great book.

It should be a great book.

But it won't be.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: July 27, 2013 20:57

I respect the fact that he wants to keep his privacy. I guess that only his close friends and family see the true Mick and I really like that.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 27, 2013 22:04

desertblues68
I respect the fact that he wants to keep his privacy. I guess that only his close friends and family see the true Mick and I really like that.

thumbs up

Yep, its good to see some celebrities resist the temptation to satisfy the 'must know everything' obsession of the public.

Besides, how much is all that effort in baring his soul going to make him? £5 million? £10 million?

He could make that money in half a dozen concert performances, and not have to deal with the hassle of offending friends and having his words taken out of context and analysed by the media and public in absurd detail.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home