Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Opening shows - any good ??
Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: April 12, 2005 00:22

Hey people,

Well, with all this talk of the tour, I'm thinking about setting out to boston or wherever to catch the opening night. It's something that sounds appealing, but I was just wandering, in your experience (those of you that have seen opening shows and shows further into the tour) how is the 1st night of a stones tour?

I can imagine the excitement and anticipation of the band, fans, and media, but do the boys maybe 'try to hard' as it's the first night, technical problems etc...

On the plus side i'm guessing the setlist would be fresh and varied with a few songs that will get thrown out over the course of the next few shows.

So, whaddaya say ??!

Re: Opening shows - any good ??
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2005 01:06

Well I guess Stones opening night is like meeting a chick's parents for the first time. Their nervous, your nervous and noboby knows how everyone will get along. Then you all meet and the mother's hornier than the daughter and the fathers a Karate expert...!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: April 12, 2005 02:15

I've seen them open twice. JFK in Philly on 9-25-81, and Fleet Center in Boston for 2002. They were in good form at Fleet, and very ragged at JFK.
The difference lies in their professionalism. Back in 1981, the drugs were still there. Since 1989, the Vegas Stones are usually in good form opening night.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: April 12, 2005 02:17

Opening night Oakland 99'...AMAZING. The great songs just keep coming & you know something hot is going on. Further, I got Undercover, only time on the tour & the cage the band used for the first week...the cage stunk but the show SMOKED!

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: April 12, 2005 02:33

I am thinking of going to Boston as well. I did go to the opener in Chicago in 1997 and found it a bit off. They were a bit rough around the edges so I am a little nervous about Boston. How was it in 2002?

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: April 12, 2005 15:04

I've Been to a few opening nights and the opening in Boston on the last tour was really great! I was a nervous wreck too because I feel like I'm the one about to be reviewed and as much as I do not adore the press or respect their opinions, I always want the Stones to get a kick-ass review! AND THEY DID!

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 12, 2005 15:28

I drove all the way from Milano to Stuttgard for the 1999 European opening, and was fully rewarded by a S U P E R B performance!

C

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home