Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: New tour confirmed on British TV
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: April 13, 2005 02:37

The Rolling Stones have the integrity that bands like the Who, the Eagles, Doobie Brothers, and countless others who bid us farewell on their "Farewell Tours" are sorely lacking. These phoney and false farewells always seem to have a comeback tour followed by a farewell tour, followed by a reunion tour, etc., etc., etc.

If the Stones say this is the last time, then indeed it will be the last time, but until official announcements are made, we won't know for sure. One thing is certain, they definitely have every right to throw in the towel now, they have given us the best concerts and tours over the last 42 years that all the other bands can only dream about.

If it were up to me, I'd bid them farewell after this tour and let them rest in peace during their senior years. The decline in their playing and live shows of recent years will worsen and can only dampen their reputation as the all-time worlds greatest band, and we wouldn't want to hear Keith hacking away at his guitar in any worse form than he has already shown us during the last tour. Longevity is fine and dandy, but when it comes to putting out the goods in high-quality fashion, I'd say that their best years are far behhind them.

So long Rolling Stones, it's been good to know you.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-13 02:42 by Hairball.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 19, 2005 03:12

I'm here Terry!

What time shall I come by for your first training session??

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 19, 2005 08:59

Hey... hey... hey.
Can someone please stop this "someone-from-then-band-is-leaking"-paranoia.
I notice there are at least too types Stones fans here: 1) The ones that are into mass thinking, 2) The ones that are not.

Like what´s said in another thread here at Tell me: These cats are an old bunch now. Its hardly a scoop if someone of them call off. But, on the another hand; why should they? Charlie has his country-side-life with wife Shirley (married to her since Oct 1964); Ron his musical side-affairs & booze; Keefster his lovely daughters & sons & his mucis-listening passion and the warm religious family of his wifes & some grandchildren; Mick his young chicks, famous daughters (7 kids totally, I´ve heard), grandchildren, film projects etc etc... Still, I find Keefster the hub of the wheel - around which/who everything is spinning. If Keefster call it quits; its over. Basta.
Keith Richards has kick-started this band over and over at least for the last 16 years.

And please dont let us see no more sentences like: "someone-from-then-band-is-leaking"... Think for yourself!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 20, 2005 01:22

"Keith Richards has kick-started this band over and over at least for the last 16 years".

if anything he's been in semi retirement for a decade. Of all of the band, Keith has been the least active during the Stones downtime and his lack of musical output in the last ten years doesnt exactly suggest a sustained burst of songwriting in that period either.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home