Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
New tour confirmed on British TV
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:25

My wife (an avid reader of the teletext pages) has phoned me to say that the Stones have confirmed that they are starting the new tour in August 05 in Boston.

It says that the tour will be their biggest ever and talks some shit about it possibly being a farewell to fans (haven't heard that before).

Now as soon as I heard this I logged into the internet - and I find no new news! Why?

Re: New tour confirmed on British TV
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:28

Stones Set For Mammoth Final Tour
Wrinkly rockers The Rolling Stones are to embark on their biggest tour yet - at a combined age of 242.They will kick it all off in US city Boston this coming August and be on the road for at least a year.But it is likely to be a final extended farewell to fans - 43 years after their first gig in London.

Sir Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, both 61, Charlie Watts, 63 and 57-year-old Ronnie Wood are then expected to call it a day after five decades of rock.

A source told The Sun: "It's their biggest and best tour yet.

"People joke about them being wrinkly old blokes but they are still one of the best groups live."

They were tipped to pack it in after their 2002 Forty Licks tour.

But now they will be the first band to play the new £758m Wembley Stadium in the summer of 2006.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:29

Oh, so it's just more rumors then.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:45

But it is likely to be a final extended farewell to fans ... stun gun words!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 11, 2005 13:49

oh behave yourselves, for @#$%& sake

they're just recycling stuff off the internet that everyone's read before....

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 11, 2005 16:32

Well said Gazza

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2005 17:49

The reason why you don't find any news about tour announcements on any serious Stones web sites is simply because it is not announced yet. I guess the SUN want to sell half a million more papers today, so all Stones fans have to buy the SUN and all other papers who write about the "tour announcement". Just in case... But when there are solid news or solid rumours, be sure they will be commented and reported here.

Bjornulf

Posted by: johang ()
Date: April 11, 2005 18:24

I heard it on the Canadian news, definetely the last tour, finally... Lets hope for a good tour retirement for the boys and releases of old material in the next coming years.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 11, 2005 18:39

Don't believe everything you hear. Wait until it is coming from the mouth of those who can tell - i.e. the Stones themselves. This talk about the final tour has been in the press for 40 years now. Never said by the Stones, always told by the press, or promotors who try to sell tickets faster.

PS. Canadian press is just picking up news from UK and the SUN. Expect to see it being picked up on the wire across the globe witinin 24 hours.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 11, 2005 19:09

I never understood why everybody is hung up on those rumours. We know that they're making an album and we know there is a tour coming up. When this will exactly will take place we will hear early enough by the stones. All you have to do is check up on this site once in a while and you will find all the official infromation given by Bjornulf as allways.

Don't worry, you are not going to miss a concert because you missed a rumour!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: April 11, 2005 19:13

And I´d like to say:
Listen to Björnulf, webmaster and Gazza, dito on Rocks Off!
They have seen this over and over.
And the Stones seem to be one of the favorite objects of spectacular headline-setting.

We, old, tired, want to retire... ?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 11, 2005 19:19

How spectactular is it to recycle the same phrases over and over again?
"Wrinkly rockers"
"Jagger's swagger"
"$atisfaction"
Award-winning journalism? smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 11, 2005 19:25

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And I´d like to say:
> Listen to Björnulf, webmaster and Gazza, ditto on
> Rocks Off!
> They have seen this over and over.
> And the Stones seem to be one of the favorite
> objects of spectacular headline-setting.
>
> We, old, tired, want to retire... ?

If that's the fact that they have seen this many times, which they undoubtedly have, I would like to ask: Is this the last tour then??? I'm getting worried here man......
sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: April 11, 2005 19:40

Hey, Kent, straighten out your face.
The sun is shining over east Jutland today, isnt it? smiling smiley
...As well as the sun goes up tomorrow the Stones will not do their final tour now.
Keiths obsession with rock music and Micks for money is the warranty for this.

Like bv said: "This talk about the final tour has been in the press for 40 years now." Even if its maybe is a matter of 39 years or so; Mick was considered old and passé by Angie Bowie in 1972-73. Hell, we´re speakin about a business that retire and throw away 20-25 year olds.

the Stones are G'v'nor; and there´s nothin - not published or officially known or recognized - that indicates that this will be the last tour.

Still, they are in their mid-60´s; and if we are realistic, anything can happened along those ages, right?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 11, 2005 19:52

The sun is shining. grinning smiley Great weather here. Shame about my new SUCKY job at Edeka.

To contradict you by quoting a guy on Just For The Record: The Stones are bluesmen, and bluesmen don't retire. I wanna see them when they're in their seventies. Eighties too even.

Thanks for the post Baboon. Now my fzce is like this -------> grinning smiley

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PS
Lorenz and Zsuzsa: What are you guys doing at the moment???
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: April 11, 2005 22:04

It´s also on Swedish Televisions textpages, but no need to get excited.....They´ve only picked it up, as everybody else. Just like every time the band is doing something, rumours start flying. But I´ll only take it from the horses mouth...We´ve seen it all before.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: April 11, 2005 22:25

It's on the Belgian tv as well now (source: the sun again)

Date: April 11, 2005 22:33

Its like the Jagger cancer we all remember...

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 12, 2005 01:02

LOL--who needs the tabloids when every rumor gets printed on this forum? Maybe it should be retitled "The IORR Gossip Column" ?

"Mick's Daughter to Appear in Playboy!"
"Mick Has No Hair!"
"Ronnie Still Hitting the Bottle (Neck)!"
"Charlie Says, 'I Have to Pack Another Suitcase?' "
"Keith Mumbles, 'I'm Happy to Be Anywhere' "
"Chuck Says, 'I am Svengali' "...

...ad nauseaum LOL

bassplayer note--I picked a bad week to quit drinking, so I started again

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-12 01:04 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 12, 2005 01:17

Welcome back bassplayer...seeing double ain't such a bad thing, your CD collection will look enourmous..!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Bob Tamp ()
Date: April 12, 2005 04:42

The new album is the last thing that they owe Virgin, and then they are without a record label. So this could be it or maybe they can sign a deal album by album.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: April 12, 2005 04:59

What are the chances that the Stones themselves leaked this to the Sun to grease the (Steel) wheels so to speak?

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: April 12, 2005 05:13

Bob Tamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The new album is the last thing that they owe
> Virgin, and then they are without a record label.
> So this could be it or maybe they can sign a deal
> album by album.

Is this true? This being the case, then this tour could well be "The Last Time" for the Stones as we know them. Wow. ("Disclaimer: the preceding thought 'Wow' is sheer gossip and speculation--end edit")

"This tour could well be the 'The Last Time'..." (check-rewind--; "ahem, the pre-preceding thought is sheer gossip and speculation")

( edit--stop;"the preceding thought was pure bullsh*t, and will be erased---ag si reggaJ wtb dna")

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: April 12, 2005 06:58

Channel 9 in Los Angeles had a report on the news tonight that the Stones will open in Boston this year to coecide with their new record. They said, Insider's say that this is their last tour.
Sounds like the band is leaking out info. I doubt it's Fenway for opening night. Too small. If this indeed is their last album, I hope it's good. No more over produced crap please. Less is more.

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 12, 2005 12:27

Rumors in Boston

Stones rolling toward Fenway;
Jessica Fargen. Boston Herald. Boston, Mass.: Mar 31, 2005. pg. 00

The Stones are coming! The Stones are coming!" said Sharon Hayden, 47, who drove in from Hull for yesterday's hearing in her "Forty Licks" tour T-shirt.

Sox officials would not publicly name the Stones because the band reserves the right to announce shows. But one Sox official said, "The band has 40 years of experience and is one of the greatest rock 'n' roll bands ...

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: April 12, 2005 18:38

Stones are set to roll again
By Ed Harris, Evening Standard
11 April 2005

Tour start August 21 in Boston

[www.thisislondon.co.uk]

Danish Ekstra Bladet writes the same

The Independent

It's only Rock'n'Roll (but they still like it )
As the Rolling Stones announce their latest world tour, Peter Blake says they remain the hottest ticket on Earth

[enjoyment.independent.co.uk]

Now we are just waiting for the official announcement

Posted by: terry ()
Date: April 12, 2005 19:08

i dont care if the news is just press talk we all know the album and tour is coming theres to many cynical people about..im happy the boys are rolling again it gives me such a buzz...yes its the last tour lets enjoy it... i shall see the stones as many times as possible..im now in training for the tour..now wheres giantwhore we got alot to do

Posted by: bassaleman ()
Date: April 12, 2005 23:55

Even if they are calling this a farewell tour...they would join a list of guys who have said that over and over again and then get the itch 2 to 3 years later only to go out on the road once more. The Who come to mind right away. Something tells me that the Stones are too smart for that type of trap.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: April 13, 2005 00:44

theres a slight difference. When the Who announced their "farewell tour" it was 1982, the remaining members of the band were still in their 30's. What else were they going to do with their lives?

The Stones are in their 60's and within the last couple of years all of them have had or are having health issues which in the long run may seriously affect their ability to tour and perform for lengthy periods. They've done this far far longer than any band has ever done so they're basically in uncharted territory as far as band longevity goes. They have less motivation to keep working after this upcoming tour for many reasons.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: April 13, 2005 01:10

This just in ..... the Sun newspaper in the UK has said that this is definitely the last Stones tour and will CLOSE the newspaper down if they are proved wrong. (this from an unknown source in Victoria tube station,platform 2).

Great news!! No more Sun newspaper!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-04-20 19:42 by Stikkyfinger.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2088
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home