Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Thanks from an Aussie Stones fan
Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 21, 2013 03:14

I just wanted to say how much I have appreciated this board over the last 12 months.
I've visited daily and felt the excitement of rumors, tour announcements, dates, ticket scramble, the pit tix, the 85s, the set lists, and the amazing videos and photos.
I've felt I've been part of every show on this tour.
When I saw Memory Motel and heard the roar after Keefs vocal I almost cried.

I'm catching up with one of my Stones buddies next weekend, I aim to part his hair by playing Glastonbury to him, another great find due to the sharing Stones fans on IORR.
Lets hope the rumors are true and the boys head down under early 2014.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts in sharing their experiences, pics, and vids. It is greatly appreciated !

What can a poor boy do, but follow his fave band on the Internet.

Re: Thanks from an Aussie Stones fan
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 21, 2013 12:24

I was fortunate enough to visit your country 12 years ago. You have a lot of good music down there. I think Melbourne is my favorite city I've ever been to. One of my favorite bands is You Am I. Saw them on my 40th birthday at Big Day Out in Melbourne. Have been lucky enough to see them here (Seattle) several times. Last time they played here, I had a cig with Tim Rogers & he actually played a song I requested. Keep rockin' & hopefully the Stones will keep going & make it down under. I had to travel to see them in the states this time so you're not alone!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 21, 2013 12:55

I'm looking at taking a trip down for a show.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: July 21, 2013 13:40

Being a You Am I fan, you may dig this.
Tim Rogers with one of my fave Oz rockers Nick Barker.
Nick is a fellow Stones fan, and is hooking up with a few Melbourne musos to play the Goats Head Soup album in a few weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-21 13:42 by Deathgod.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 21, 2013 15:03

Deathgod
Being a You Am I fan, you may dig this.
Tim Rogers with one of my fave Oz rockers Nick Barker.
Nick is a fellow Stones fan, and is hooking up with a few Melbourne musos to play the Goats Head Soup album in a few weeks.

Very cool! Thanks! Its tough keeping up with them in the states. Another band I really like that can't get arrested here is Primal Scream. Thank God for the internet! Cheers.smileys with beer

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: July 21, 2013 17:21

crholmstrom
Very cool! Thanks! Its tough keeping up with them in the states. Another band I really like that can't get arrested here is Primal Scream. Thank God for the internet! Cheers.smileys with beer

A fan of both You Am I and Primal Scream, fantastic! Two top bands that don't often "drop the ball" when it comes to standards! The last (self-titled) You Am I album from 2010 was one of my favourites from them, really strong all the way through, great songs and production. And the new Scream LP, produced by David Holmes, is an awesome aural trip.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1399
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home