Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Indicators for the Stones or their people reading this forum?
Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 18, 2013 21:53

Rokyfan
Stoneage
There is a lot of missed sarcasms on this board...
That's true, but I hate when I fall victim to it, because it makes one feel dumb.

With posters like JJOL, I'm never quite convinced that the whole thing isn't a put on.

Also, maybe I'm wrong about Altamont. it's hard to imagine the players focusing on music once things went south, but the points about the band being in great form, end of the tour, etc. make sense.

I read an article once (it may have been Lester Bangs, but I'm not sure) in which the writer said that he was at Altamont and had a great time. The point was that no one except the people putting on the show and the people at the very front of the crowd knew that something terrible had happened.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 18, 2013 22:35

I tend to think it has been read by their people or the members themselves at one time or another. Especially and most likely Mick J. And for good reasons too.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 18, 2013 22:38

three16
I tend to think it has been read by their people or the members themselves at one time or another. Especially and most likely Mick J. And for good reasons too.

yeah, he's the one guy in the group who has nothing better to do -- has no life -- but to sit and read what you and i post on the internet. makes sense. That's what i would be doing if I had Jagger's money fame, lifestyle, etc.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 19, 2013 00:03

Rokyfan
swiss
Rokyfan, man, I think you might want to light up some bud or crack open your favorite beverage
or do some ujjayi breathing, have a sit-down in the night air and decompress - sounds like you're
on the verge! grinning smiley

-swiss
nah, I enjoy this stuff, also enjoy the bud, etc.

where does this come from, this idea that altamont was some kind of legendary show (for musical reasons). It's just crazy to read that. Altamont (and I was alive, a Stones fan and aware of it when it happened) has NEVER been viewed as any sort of musical high point, never been looked at as anything other than a disaster. so to cite it like that is just a display of ignorance.

I enjoy agruing vehemently over things that mean absolutly nothing, like this, kind of as sport. But I do appreciate the concern. Keep an eye out for hog's breath, a current nice product, and most with purple in the name are killer. Cheers!

I gather you don't realise you come across as insulting and abrasive.

Date: July 19, 2013 01:33

Bliss
Rokyfan
swiss
Rokyfan, man, I think you might want to light up some bud or crack open your favorite beverage
or do some ujjayi breathing, have a sit-down in the night air and decompress - sounds like you're
on the verge! grinning smiley

-swiss
nah, I enjoy this stuff, also enjoy the bud, etc.

where does this come from, this idea that altamont was some kind of legendary show (for musical reasons). It's just crazy to read that. Altamont (and I was alive, a Stones fan and aware of it when it happened) has NEVER been viewed as any sort of musical high point, never been looked at as anything other than a disaster. so to cite it like that is just a display of ignorance.

I enjoy agruing vehemently over things that mean absolutly nothing, like this, kind of as sport. But I do appreciate the concern. Keep an eye out for hog's breath, a current nice product, and most with purple in the name are killer. Cheers!

I gather you don't realise you come across as insulting and abrasive.
don't take it seriously, it's an internet board discussing a rock band. If i think you post somethin daft, I say so, so do a lot of people. Do the same to me, I can take it

Date: July 19, 2013 01:36

And I happen to think the idea of Mick Jagger reading this board is nuts, OK, not that it means a damn thing either way. You want to call me an a-hole for saying so, go ahead.

Maybe I'm a bit too abraisive sometimes, maybe you're a bit too sensitive. We can all get along if we try.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:39

Rokyfan
Stoneage
The last thing in the world Sir Michael would read is a Rolling Stones fan board. He's quite busy with social media though. So when he refers to the internet I'm quite sure he means Facebook, Twitter and such.
sure, but that's his people there, not really him.

Both of you are naive. I'd bet both of your lives he has visited this site.

How easy is it to have a tab set to any website in your browser? I regularly check in on many websites of different subjects all the time. Even after working 12 hours a day. What makes you think he does not have a interest in the most popular forum dedicated to his livelihood? Facebook and Twitter maybe, but mostly kids waste their life on those. Yes, I'm sure he has children and friends and publicists that routinely check the message boards for info as any company and star does.

It is a way of life for almost everyone today. I'm sure he has a iPad and phone that he carries with him everywhere he travels. Just because he does not sign in as "Mick Jagger" does not mean he is never here. For that sake you don't even know who I am. tongue sticking out smiley

Date: July 19, 2013 03:37

I just don't think he has any interest in what anyone writes here, that's not to insult anyone, but I just think it would bore him to death and he has a million things he would rather do. I don't know if he ever stumbled across the site, I'm not saying that, I'm not saying that employess may not check in, I just think that Mick Jagger the man has better things to do.

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 19, 2013 03:52

I'm not saying yes, but if you had one of the top five egos in the world, and had a nearly unhealthy need to be relevant, it would be a great way to stroke yourself.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 19, 2013 04:19

Someone (forget who) on a prior tour compared the Stones on the tour, and said, "Mick is always repeating something he read on the Internet. He's always on the Internet."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-19 04:29 by Title5Take1.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 19, 2013 04:37

This thread is closed.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 19, 2013 06:45

blivet
Rokyfan
Stoneage
That's true, but I hate when I fall victim to it, because it makes one feel dumb.

With posters like JJOL, I'm never quite convinced that the whole thing isn't a put on.

Also, maybe I'm wrong about Altamont. it's hard to imagine the players focusing on music once things went south, but the points about the band being in great form, end of the tour, etc. make sense.

I read an article once (it may have been Lester Bangs, but I'm not sure) in which the writer said that he was at Altamont and had a great time. The point was that no one except the people putting on the show and the people at the very front of the crowd knew that something terrible had happened.

Surely they could tell from the way the band kept stopping, asking/telling people to stop fighting, calling for medics, etc.?

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: July 19, 2013 07:01

71Tele
This thread is closed.

It must be real.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 19, 2013 07:02

beepee2
People suggested thousands of stuff every week, and indeed a few of those things were practically implemented on the tour... a few thousands weren't.

Precisely !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 19, 2013 11:17

Aquamarine
blivet
Rokyfan
Stoneage

Surely they could tell from the way the band kept stopping, asking/telling people to stop fighting, calling for medics, etc.?

yes... kind of funny how one wrong chord in start me up ruins a show in 2013 but Altamont - with its numerous restarts, gaps with mick not singing or bill or MT not playing due to mayhem on the stage, lengthy pauses with pleading between songs - is claimed here to be one of their greatest shows ever.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 19, 2013 11:18

Title5Take1
Someone (forget who) on a prior tour compared the Stones on the tour, and said, "Mick is always repeating something he read on the Internet. He's always on the Internet."

ok, so we've established that mick uses the internet. i suppose that is step one...

Posted by: tomzen ()
Date: July 19, 2013 14:11

Well,I realize I do not contribute much on this board (I read a lot, though) but for me it's a nice little ego boosting thought that someone in their camp may have picked up on this suggestion refering to YCAGWYW back in 2009:

"I really think they should hire the local town choir for the opening of the song at every place the're playing. It would be fun and it would create a lot of good publicity in the local press before the shows." [www.iorr.org]

Buy me beer, Mick?

Posted by: MarkSchneider ()
Date: July 19, 2013 14:22

You definitely deserve a truck of beers.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:07

'...Meanwhile, Mick Jagger has bewailed how audiences look ‘glumly’ at him when he is not belting out one of the band's hits.

He admitted to trawling internet message boards seeing demands for the classics and that he does ‘worry a lot’ about not making everyone happy.

After the gig Jagger then goes back on the the web to see the reaction - which tends to be negative unless the fans' favourite song was played.'

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

I really see no reason not to believe this.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:12

No rolling stone reads iorr

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:15

The only thing we canbe 100% sure of is that the Stones' staff is surfing the web massively checking about things said here and there

Not only to find out about the fans' wishes but to check that there is no copiright infringement, fraudulous use of their name/brand etc.

They know for sure that this is a bord of hardcore fans, and they know they got their twitter/FB accounts designed to reach a more casual type of fans/customers

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: July 20, 2013 03:22

Aquamarine
blivet
Rokyfan
Stoneage

I don't know, I'm just repeating what I read. It would be interesting to hear from someone who was there.

Date: July 20, 2013 06:31

Bliss
'...Meanwhile, Mick Jagger has bewailed how audiences look ‘glumly’ at him when he is not belting out one of the band's hits.

He admitted to trawling internet message boards seeing demands for the classics and that he does ‘worry a lot’ about not making everyone happy.

After the gig Jagger then goes back on the the web to see the reaction - which tends to be negative unless the fans' favourite song was played.'

Read more: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

I really see no reason not to believe this.
because if he did really check (here) he would find the exact opposite of what that tabloid story says: he would find outright glee at every obscure numnber they played and bemoaning that they play so many warhorses. (the bold portion is absurd).

After a gig, Mick wants to sit at his computer and see what we have to say? If true, I feel sorry for him.

I really see no reason to believe it. It was in the Daily Mail? Are your tabloids more reliable than ours in the US?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-20 06:32 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 20, 2013 08:29

If any Stones are reading this.

How about hooking up whoever made posts # ummmm 4, 15, and 9, with some free tickets.

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: July 20, 2013 09:08

Rokyfan
three16

yeah, he's the one guy in the group who has nothing better to do -- has no life -- but to sit and read what you and i post on the internet. makes sense. That's what i would be doing if I had Jagger's money fame, lifestyle, etc.

He probably wouldn't read a thread as this one, but, he certainly has had time in his life to read a topic that he was curious about. Such as a general consensus or view of how the band is perceived at a particular time. I don't at all think it's below him to browse on occasion. He knows what's on youtube and such. Just as a any musician in any band might. He's not only an entertainer, he's also just a man that takes a shit and has to sleep just as we do.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home