Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: The SUN gossip
Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 15, 2013 20:05

The mother of this 'love child' is obviously a New Yorker and Martin and Paltrow do split their time between New York and London. They also, according to the tabloids of course, seem to spend plenty of time apart. The likes of The Sun and Daily Mail often point out how much of a rarity it is when they're actually photographed in public together.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 15, 2013 21:05

dcba
Elton John?

grinning smiley.....she adopted one and said "look, this is Elton's................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-15 21:05 by EddieByword.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: July 15, 2013 22:42

Fingers are too straight and no nobbles..
Arms are to well defined...at 70 u have a bit of bingo wingness..
Drummers got a full head of hair..unless charlie now wears a syrup..

Pretty conclusive its not stones..

Dough

Re: who
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 15, 2013 22:47

RollingFreak
CindyC
TimeIs
My guess: Chris Martin of Coldplay (wife Gwyneth Paltrow). A "singer", he has hits on the radio, "regarded as a respectable family man", "part of a hugely successful rock band".

What prize do I win if I'm right? Gwyneth?

Agree - Chris is my guess too. This line sealed it for me..."A source added: “You do not treat his wife like this — and that is why he is doing everything in his power to stop this coming out."
Maybe I'm totally missing it, but how does that line at all "seal" that its Chris Martin for you? Seems like this entire article could be talking about anyone, and actually could just be a complete fabrication.

One of the most recognisable faces in music, he is an internationally famous figure who has played gigs all over the world. His hits are regularly played on radio.

Those two lines from the "article" (in bold) would exclude anyone from the McCartney/Stones generation. It is someone "current". It wouldn't be Thom Yorke of Radiohead, as they haven't had hits in quite some time, and Coldplay are one of the top acts of the last dozen years, which everyone of a certain age recognizes--except for me, as I'm pushing 50 and am too old.

I'm betting on the dude from Coldplay as well, although to be honest, gossip of this nature is a bit of a snooze.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 15, 2013 23:10

My money is on Bono. But, this is The Sun and they often report on stories that actually have no substance whatsoever and it is what is termed as the 'silly season' in the UK press where unsubstantiated stories are printed on an almost daily basis.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: July 16, 2013 01:56

The Sun is way too disgusting. The idiots who "work" for this paper tried to make money of the fate of a girl who got high-jaked and who got assained later on. Can one get more filthy?

Date: July 16, 2013 03:17

crumbling_mice
My money is on Bono

But the article specifies that the person is British, no? Bono is Irish.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 16, 2013 06:09

Big Al
crumbling_mice
My money is on Bono

But the article specifies that the person is British, no? Bono is Irish.

If I recall correctly, the Irish haven't been "British" since 1922.

Date: July 16, 2013 06:17

71Tele

Yes, unless your from Northern Ireland, where pre 1/1/83 you have the option of being either a British, Irish or dual-national citizen.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: July 16, 2013 06:54

Big Al
71Tele

Yes, unless your from Northern Ireland, where pre 1/1/83 you have the option of being either a British, Irish or dual-national citizen.

Yes, I was excluding the six northern counties.

Posted by: Donnebr ()
Date: July 16, 2013 18:10

WHat happens after 1/1/83. Genuine question as I am from Belfast but now live in the US. Thanks

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 16, 2013 19:23

Must be Charlie is the father.
hahahahah

Wondering what he is saying when he is having sex...

jeroen

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:33

I like to think of those things too but the idea of 70-something year old and 32 year old flesh commingling is freaky and then the idea of getting pregnant on a one night stand doesn't happen very often. Let's just hope its chris martin so we can all move on.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 16, 2013 20:45

stonehearted
RollingFreak
CindyC
TimeIs
My guess: Chris Martin of Coldplay (wife Gwyneth Paltrow). A "singer", he has hits on the radio, "regarded as a respectable family man", "part of a hugely successful rock band".

What prize do I win if I'm right? Gwyneth?

Agree - Chris is my guess too. This line sealed it for me..."A source added: “You do not treat his wife like this — and that is why he is doing everything in his power to stop this coming out."
Maybe I'm totally missing it, but how does that line at all "seal" that its Chris Martin for you? Seems like this entire article could be talking about anyone, and actually could just be a complete fabrication.

One of the most recognisable faces in music, he is an internationally famous figure who has played gigs all over the world. His hits are regularly played on radio.

Those two lines from the "article" (in bold) would exclude anyone from the McCartney/Stones generation. It is someone "current". It wouldn't be Thom Yorke of Radiohead, as they haven't had hits in quite some time, and Coldplay are one of the top acts of the last dozen years, which everyone of a certain age recognizes--except for me, as I'm pushing 50 and am too old.

I'm betting on the dude from Coldplay as well, although to be honest, gossip of this nature is a bit of a snooze.

This from "Good Housekeeping" magazine (!) via the ever reliable Daily Mail dated July 4:
'Getting married was the best decision I ever made': Gwyneth Paltrow opens up on her relationship with Chris Martin.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: July 17, 2013 05:26

RollingFreak

Maybe I'm totally missing it, but how does that line at all "seal" that its Chris Martin for you? Seems like this entire article could be talking about anyone, and actually could just be a complete fabrication.[/quote]

I've been reading blind items for years and feel I have a pretty good grasp of these things. It is pretty well acknowledged that Gwyneth is her own biggest fan, takes herself very seriously.

The wife has to hold the power in this relationship. She would need to have her own fame (not just as so and so's wife) and she would have her own money. Gwyneth's fame > Chris' fame.

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: July 17, 2013 13:22

It's Liam Gallagher, apparently

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 17, 2013 13:51

Jaggeresque
It's Liam Gallagher, apparently

He's now a part of a hugely unsuccessful rock band.
So count him out.

Date: July 17, 2013 18:23

Good news! what a relief. me of little faith

Bad for Liam. it should've never gotten as far as the press.

Should have known keith wouldn't be that stupid!!

bad me. I am so relieved. I need to step back. I am too emotionally entangled in this band.

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 18:25 by tumbled.

Date: July 17, 2013 23:03

Donnebr

WHat happens after 1/1/83. Genuine question as I am from Belfast but now live in the US. Thanks

After 1/1/83, British Citizenship is the first instance is through decent and not birth. For example, if you were born prior to this date, you have entitlement to British citizenship through being born on U.K. soil alone. Now, you don't. Status is passed through the mother - in the first instance - or through registration or naturalisation. If the mother is foreign, but the father British, the father can pass on the status. Pre July 2003, he'd have had to have been married to the mother, though. Thankfully, that law changed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-17 23:06 by Big Al.

Date: July 18, 2013 04:57

Seems like it was a New York Times journalist who old Liam was wrestling in bed with :-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 18, 2013 12:24

The strange thing is, the journo is a doppelganger of his wife, apart from the hair colour.

Date: July 18, 2013 18:26

why they publish a silhouette looking like keith? to sell papers. so if I were Keith & Co. I would sue for defamation. bastards

In the US this would be tortious slanderand defamation.

but in England they have recently revised their defamation law recently but havent' worked out the kinks for individual likenesses

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-18 18:31 by tumbled.

Date: July 18, 2013 18:39

new english libel law of April 2013 is based on lester's bill at link

[www.indexoncensorship.org]

Date: July 18, 2013 18:43

Beyonce's father just sued the sun newspaper.

[www.gigwise.com]

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: July 18, 2013 18:47

What about Rod Sterwart????

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: July 18, 2013 18:58

tumbled
why they publish a silhouette looking like keith? to sell papers. so if I were Keith & Co. I would sue for defamation. bastards

In the US this would be tortious slanderand defamation.

but in England they have recently revised their defamation law recently but havent' worked out the kinks for individual likenesses
How the hell does that photo look like Keith? There are a million guitar players that look like that. It's a very generic photo. Explain how it looks like Keith?

Date: July 18, 2013 20:48

How many relationships have been destroyed and our damaged by this article do you reckon?

not to mention the hours of lost sheep.

Date: July 18, 2013 20:50

how the hell does this look like keith? a. he looks older like Keith; b. he is doing his hand on his head like Keith; c. he has has dangly bits from his hair like keith; and d. he's standing in front of a mike with his guitar as keith does during his two solos.

Date: July 18, 2013 21:06

Okay let's just try and forget all this ever occurred. pass the wine.

Date: July 19, 2013 06:09

Liam's wife isn't happy, apparently :-

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1513
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home